Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now c'mon, what does this tell you about our Patriot/Boston Fans??????

Now c'mon, what does this tell you about our Patriot/Boston Fans??????

BOSTON (Reuters Life!) Boston emergency services debuted a specialized ambulance designed to carry obese patients on Tuesday, and the retrofitted vehicle was promptly needed on two calls, authorities said.

The ambulance is equipped with a special stretcher that can hold 850 pounds and a hydraulic lift with a 1,000 pound capacity, said Captain Jose Archila of Boston's Emergency Medical Services fleet.

The ambulance is likely to be needed two to four times a week, he said.

"We have seen a huge increase in the last six months," said Archila about the number of calls by obese patients.

Tuesday's two runs were not likely to be the norm, he explained, adding the ambulance was designed for the safety of patients and the crews helping them.

About one third of adults in the United States are obese, including 33.3 percent of men and 35.3 percent of women, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, citing 2005-2006 figures.

Back injuries among crews are common due to strain from lifting extremely heavy patients, he said. The ambulance makes the patients more comfortable as well.

In appearance, the ambulance looks like any other. The hydraulic lift is folded and stowed underneath the bed, and a gas tank was repositioned to accommodate it, Archila said.

Quote Originally Posted by ssp242 View Post

BOSTON (Reuters Life!) Boston emergency services debuted a specialized ambulance designed to carry obese patients on Tuesday, and the retrofitted vehicle was promptly needed on two calls, authorities said.

The ambulance is equipped with a special stretcher that can hold 850 pounds and a hydraulic lift with a 1,000 pound capacity, said Captain Jose Archila of Boston's Emergency Medical Services fleet.

The ambulance is likely to be needed two to four times a week, he said.

"We have seen a huge increase in the last six months," said Archila about the number of calls by obese patients.

Tuesday's two runs were not likely to be the norm, he explained, adding the ambulance was designed for the safety of patients and the crews helping them.

About one third of adults in the United States are obese, including 33.3 percent of men and 35.3 percent of women, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, citing 2005-2006 figures.

Back injuries among crews are common due to strain from lifting extremely heavy patients, he said. The ambulance makes the patients more comfortable as well.

In appearance, the ambulance looks like any other. The hydraulic lift is folded and stowed underneath the bed, and a gas tank was repositioned to accommodate it, Archila said.
    Don't know why this has anything to do with Patriots fans, but since you ask, maybe your coach should have one on standby.

wtf is this?

dump

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfanlisa View Post
    Don't know why this has anything to do with Patriots fans, but since you ask, maybe your coach should have one on standby.
    And your qb should always have a tampon on standby
    Last edited by 2nd generation jet fan; 01-11-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd generation jet fan View Post
    And your coach should always have a diaper on standby
    once again..

HUH???

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    once again..

HUH???
    Fixed it

I hope FF2 is OK.

It tells me that Patriots fans aren't the only ones who need remedial thread-starting classes.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd generation jet fan View Post
    Fixed it
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    It tells me that Patriots fans aren't the only ones who need remedial thread-starting classes.
    listen AFCEastFan...

how about you try not being non-commital and make your username something about the Pats..because we all know you aren't a Jets fan.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Iffin thats you in your avatar, you should have two, and a forklift to slide you out of the hole cut in the side of your munch-hovel.

_

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Iffin thats you in your avatar, you should have two.

_
    That's just shirt fat, 32.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    listen AFCEastFan...

how about you try not being non-commital and make your username something about the Pats..because we all know you aren't a Jets fan.
    I picked my username after the 2002 season, back in the days when the AFC East was actually competitive from top to bottom. But I've never hidden the fact that I am a Patriots fan.

If I could figure out how to change my name now, I'd be more than happy to accommodate you. But the only posters who seem to get confused about my loyalties are newb pats fans and I really couldn't care less what they think.

All Pro
    Now c'mon, what does this tell you about our Patriot/Boston Fans?????? Reply to Thread
    Don't know. I do know what it tells you about our Jets/New York fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    jesus your head is huge.......whos the chubby chick in the pic with you?

I thought it was going to be a Rex Ryan diss..wtf is that lol

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Iffin thats you in your avatar, you should have two, and a forklift to slide you out of the hole cut in the side of your munch-hovel.

_
    Wow, classy guy. And you wonder why everyone hates Jets fans?

Yeah, 5'2 and 102 pounds. I'm huge. lol

All League

All League
    Welcome aboard Lisa...I love you........

Wow, classy guy. And you wonder why everyone hates Jets fans?
    Yeah, 5'2 and 102 pounds. I'm huge. lol
    WOW..... Thank god the photo is from a good distance. I just ate.

Everyone hates JETS fans???? GFY!

I LOVE JETS fans. (no homo)