Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: Now c'mon, what does this tell you about our Patriot/Boston Fans??????

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Now c'mon, what does this tell you about our Patriot/Boston Fans??????

    .

    BOSTON (Reuters Life!) Boston emergency services debuted a specialized ambulance designed to carry obese patients on Tuesday, and the retrofitted vehicle was promptly needed on two calls, authorities said.

    The ambulance is equipped with a special stretcher that can hold 850 pounds and a hydraulic lift with a 1,000 pound capacity, said Captain Jose Archila of Boston's Emergency Medical Services fleet.

    The ambulance is likely to be needed two to four times a week, he said.

    "We have seen a huge increase in the last six months," said Archila about the number of calls by obese patients.

    Tuesday's two runs were not likely to be the norm, he explained, adding the ambulance was designed for the safety of patients and the crews helping them.

    About one third of adults in the United States are obese, including 33.3 percent of men and 35.3 percent of women, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, citing 2005-2006 figures.

    Back injuries among crews are common due to strain from lifting extremely heavy patients, he said. The ambulance makes the patients more comfortable as well.

    In appearance, the ambulance looks like any other. The hydraulic lift is folded and stowed underneath the bed, and a gas tank was repositioned to accommodate it, Archila said.

  2. #2
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ssp242 View Post
    .

    BOSTON (Reuters Life!) Boston emergency services debuted a specialized ambulance designed to carry obese patients on Tuesday, and the retrofitted vehicle was promptly needed on two calls, authorities said.

    The ambulance is equipped with a special stretcher that can hold 850 pounds and a hydraulic lift with a 1,000 pound capacity, said Captain Jose Archila of Boston's Emergency Medical Services fleet.

    The ambulance is likely to be needed two to four times a week, he said.

    "We have seen a huge increase in the last six months," said Archila about the number of calls by obese patients.

    Tuesday's two runs were not likely to be the norm, he explained, adding the ambulance was designed for the safety of patients and the crews helping them.

    About one third of adults in the United States are obese, including 33.3 percent of men and 35.3 percent of women, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, citing 2005-2006 figures.

    Back injuries among crews are common due to strain from lifting extremely heavy patients, he said. The ambulance makes the patients more comfortable as well.

    In appearance, the ambulance looks like any other. The hydraulic lift is folded and stowed underneath the bed, and a gas tank was repositioned to accommodate it, Archila said.
    Don't know why this has anything to do with Patriots fans, but since you ask, maybe your coach should have one on standby.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    wtf is this?

    dump


  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Altamonte springs florida
    Posts
    432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfanlisa View Post
    Don't know why this has anything to do with Patriots fans, but since you ask, maybe your coach should have one on standby.
    And your qb should always have a tampon on standby
    Last edited by 2nd generation jet fan; 01-11-2011 at 06:29 PM.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd generation jet fan View Post
    And your coach should always have a diaper on standby
    once again..

    HUH???

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Altamonte springs florida
    Posts
    432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    once again..

    HUH???
    Fixed it

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope FF2 is OK.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    It tells me that Patriots fans aren't the only ones who need remedial thread-starting classes.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd generation jet fan View Post
    Fixed it
    +1

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    It tells me that Patriots fans aren't the only ones who need remedial thread-starting classes.
    listen AFCEastFan...

    how about you try not being non-commital and make your username something about the Pats..because we all know you aren't a Jets fan.

  11. #11
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,867
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfanlisa View Post
    Don't know why this has anything to do with Patriots fans, but since you ask, maybe your coach should have one on standby.
    Iffin thats you in your avatar, you should have two, and a forklift to slide you out of the hole cut in the side of your munch-hovel.




    _

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Iffin thats you in your avatar, you should have two.




    _
    That's just shirt fat, 32.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    listen AFCEastFan...

    how about you try not being non-commital and make your username something about the Pats..because we all know you aren't a Jets fan.
    I picked my username after the 2002 season, back in the days when the AFC East was actually competitive from top to bottom. But I've never hidden the fact that I am a Patriots fan.

    If I could figure out how to change my name now, I'd be more than happy to accommodate you. But the only posters who seem to get confused about my loyalties are newb pats fans and I really couldn't care less what they think.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,872
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now c'mon, what does this tell you about our Patriot/Boston Fans?????? Reply to Thread
    Don't know. I do know what it tells you about our Jets/New York fans.


  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,146
    Post Thanks / Like
    jesus your head is huge.......whos the chubby chick in the pic with you?

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,199
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was going to be a Rex Ryan diss..wtf is that lol

  17. #17
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Iffin thats you in your avatar, you should have two, and a forklift to slide you out of the hole cut in the side of your munch-hovel.




    _
    Wow, classy guy. And you wonder why everyone hates Jets fans?

    Yeah, 5'2 and 102 pounds. I'm huge. lol

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    4,708
    Post Thanks / Like

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfanlisa View Post
    Don't know why this has anything to do with Patriots fans, but since you ask, maybe your coach should have one on standby.
    Welcome aboard Lisa...I love you........






  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfanlisa View Post
    Wow, classy guy. And you wonder why everyone hates Jets fans?
    Yeah, 5'2 and 102 pounds. I'm huge. lol
    WOW..... Thank god the photo is from a good distance. I just ate.

    Everyone hates JETS fans???? GFY!

    I LOVE JETS fans. (no homo)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us