Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LOCKOUT in 52 days ? ? ?

Hall Of Fame

LOCKOUT in 52 days ? ? ?

NFLPA prepares for lockout in 52 days

> [url]http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/01/11/nflpa-prepares-for-lockout-in-52-days[/url]

there will be no lockout

just like the jets couldn't re-sign ferguson, mangold, & revis.

:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    NFL lawyer : No 'moral turpitude' involved in potential lockout

> [url]http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/01/nfl-lawyer-no-moral-turpitude-involved-in-potential-lockout/1[/url]

[QUOTE=kelly;3911472]NFL lawyer : No 'moral turpitude' involved in potential lockout

> [url]http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/01/nfl-lawyer-no-moral-turpitude-involved-in-potential-lockout/1[/url][/QUOTE]

then again...never underestimate the greed of hunger.

I can not believe that these owners would be that stupid and short sighted to let this happen

[QUOTE=ASH_1962;3911636]I can not believe that these owners would be that stupid and short sighted to let this happen[/QUOTE]

we live in a world where this generation is all that matters..whatever happens next oh well we'll be gone LOL

Hall Of Fame
    guys ,
    it's ALL about $ :(

Hall Of Fame
    > [url]http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2011-01-13-nfl-labor-update_N.htm[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Attorney: NFL players want a lockout

A New York attorney says that the NFLPA wants the owners to lock them out when their CBA expires in March.

> [url]http://www.espnradio1410.com/cc-common/news/sections/sportsarticle.html?feed=104670&article=8042008[/url]

Practice Squad
    [COLOR="Magenta"]I'm not going to lie, but if there's a lockout I might cry. Okay, all rhymes aside, I seriously cannot handle a lockout. This was my first year as a Jets fan and as a football follower; I absolutely refuse to believe that football will not be around next year for me to continue being passionate about. Although I've been following the games, and ESPN talk radio, I'm not too educated on this lockout. What needs to happen in order to have my beloved Jets playing Sunday football games next season? Maybe Rex Ryan should do some trash talking so that we can get what we want? :) [/COLOR]

:jets_bobb

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PrettyInPink;3924058][COLOR="Magenta"]I'm not going to lie, but if there's a lockout I might cry. Okay, all rhymes aside, I seriously cannot handle a lockout. This was my first year as a Jets fan and as a football follower; I absolutely refuse to believe that football will not be around next year for me to continue being passionate about. Although I've been following the games, and ESPN talk radio, I'm not too educated on this lockout. What needs to happen in order to have my beloved Jets playing Sunday football games next season? Maybe Rex Ryan should do some trash talking so that we can get what we want? :) [/COLOR]

:jets_bobb[/QUOTE]
    " . . . What needs to happen in order to have my beloved Jets playing Sunday football games next season? . . . "

$ $ $

;)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

A lockout in March is fine with me as long as it ends by July. IF the Jets win the superbowl, it would really suck if they dont get the chance to defend the title.

I cant see the NFL self destructing the way MLB did in 94. it took a long time for them to come back, if it wasnt for Ripken and his streak followed by a Yankee title in 96, Baseball would still be struggling to re build a fan base.

The NFL wont put themselves in that position.

Unfortunately, the "partnership" that once comprised NFL ownership is a lot more tattered, and the economics of the game have changed. As the USAToday article points out, it is the owners that have elected to terminate rather than extend the current CBA, and it is the owners who are looking for revenue share concessions from the players.

What Happened?

1. Stadium Economics- expensive new tax-payerd bonded stadiums like Cowboys, NMS, and Lincoln Field have placed a higher expense burden on some of the teams that are the richest in the league. When Goodell says that the owners want to invest in the future of football, those investments have already been made. On a secondary note, there were a lot of promises made by the rich teams to the small teams like Jacksonville and Buffalo that there would be a formula created for sharing other stadium revenue, namely luxury box receipts. That has never happened.
    2. Media Dollars- This troll believes that the owners made a huge mistake in letting every major TV network get its beak wet, so to speak. It used to be NBC and CBS owned the conferences, and ABC got Monday nights. Now Fox, CBS, NBC and ABC/ESPN all have a share of the pie (not to mention the NFL Network), but the pie didn't grow as much when new broadcasters were added. The league saw explosive growth in dollars when there was a true auction process and Fox stunned everyone by grabbing the NFC 15 or so years ago, and then CBS stunned everyone by grabbing the AFC back for more in the next auction. Now, who can be the big bidder at auction? That ship has sailed. The owners' only tangible item to increase the media ante is going from 16 to 18 games. Nuff said.
    3. Disparate Ownership Interests- This Bostonian believes that the NYC media market probably translates to the Jets and Giants accounting for 10% of the ad revenue that justifies the leagues TV contracts. Yet the Jets and Giants only get 1/32nd each, while having to pay disproportionately more for everything, stadium included. Is Ralph Wilson envious of Woody Johnson because of his handsome new stadium revenues, or does he look with pity that the Jets could be swamped if they somehow return to Kotite-era performance and go under-water from a profit standpoint if the stadium doesn't generate revenues. What if the Giants are the ones sucking wind while the Jets roll up championships? Twenty years ago, when the economic interests weren't so divergent across ownership, owners tended to sink or swim together. It seems hard to believe that the owners have a shared front, despite their claims to that effect. Getting a new deal agreed to will be hard just for this fact.

Bottom line, I suggest the Jets win it now...

Right now all that matters is Sunday January 23, 2011.

Hall Of Fame
    NFL players take lobbying effort in CBA fight to Capitol Hill

> [url]http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2011-01-19-nflpa-lobbying_N.htm[/url]

Steelers chairman Dan Rooney has arrived from Ireland. Weighs in on labor. Still doesn't like 18 games. "I would rather not have the money."

Dan Rooney also said he will not get involved in negotiations. "I work for HIllary. She manages things that are a lot tougher than this."

Rooney is not happy with negotiations at all. "The negotiators should get it together."

[URL]https://twitter.com/#!/judybattista[/URL]

Saw this and thought I should post it

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=kelly;3912046][B]guys[/B] ,
    it's ALL about $ :([/QUOTE]

from one guy to another. thanks dude.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3928714]from one guy to another. thanks dude.[/QUOTE]
    you're welcome twisted-sister :rockon:

Hall Of Fame
    Jets' Cromartie not pleased with labor situation

> [url]http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/01/24/jets-cromartie-not-pleased-with-labor-situation[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    NFLPA: Injuries more common, severe in 2010

> [url]http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/01/28/nflpa-injuries-more-common-severe-in-2010[/url]