Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Cam Newton falls to Jets Round 1?

Hall Of Fame
    With a name like Cam he will likely end up with the Patriots.

All League
    might possibly be the worst thresd of ythe yeasr. is you a retard?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I love all you guys acting like Sanchez has proven himself to be a franchise QB that its so insane to pick Newton. The Chargers drafted Drew Brees in the first round but that didn't stop them drafting Phillip Rivers. Sanchez is not playing any better than Brees was at that time. We are talking about a 54% passer with a 75 rating not a Romo or Rodgers. Face it we currently have a below avg QB and it wouldn't hurt to have a second option after he has another horrific half.
    Wrong top of the 2nd rd..

Jets Insider VIP
    I love all you guys acting like Sanchez has proven himself to be a franchise QB that its so insane to pick Newton. The Chargers drafted Drew Brees in the first round but that didn't stop them drafting Phillip Rivers. Sanchez is not playing any better than Brees was at that time. We are talking about a 54% passer with a 75 rating not a Romo or Rodgers. Face it we currently have a below avg QB and it wouldn't hurt to have a second option after he has another horrific half.
    Chargers drafted Brees in the 2nd round.

Know your facts before you post something this stupid.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

actually Brees was a second round selection....

further- you claim Sanchez, a second year QB, is not playing any better than Brees was at equal points in their careers, yet you want to consider drafting a bigger unknown in newton??

how has brees turned out in time compared to his second season in the lague??

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Chargers drafted Brees in the 2nd round.

Know your facts before you post something this stupid.
    Exactly, idiotic thread where do all these trolls come from? mod please ban these fools

No chance in hell.....now, you want to replace Brad Smith, I'd consider someone like Tyrod Taylor.

The Jets could draft a Qb late but I'd be very surprised though. One thin I do know is the jets need a much better alternative behind sanchez next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The Jets could draft a Qb late but I'd be very surprised though. One thin I do know is the jets need a much better alternative behind sanchez next year.
    They got Drew Willy!

As everyone else pointed out...Brees was a second round pick, and btw, 5-6 comebacks, 17-13 Td/int ratio, and his THIRD YEAR OF STARTING COLLEGE/NFL, man he sucks...why the hell do we have him?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    top 5 pick where? CFL???

btw- if the Jets drafted him where would they play him?
    Maybe give him a job in the front office, dealing with finances...

Quote Originally Posted by GangGreen115 View Post
    If Cam Newton falls to the Jets in round 1 do we take him? I like the idea I don't know how fast he really is but if we lose Brad Smith, definitely a great replacement or possibly Sanchez. I know we need DL but if we can pick-up via FA I think that'll be pretty sweet.
    why?

can he rush the passer?

you want to waste a #1 on a wildcat guy...

All Pro
    If he's still there when the Jets pick, they better trade down!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I think that's the best scenario for the Jets...hopefully someone bites.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    No chance in hell.....now, you want to replace Brad Smith, I'd consider someone like Tyrod Taylor.
    +1

Taylor in Round 4 >>>>> Cam Newton in Round 1

We have to address either the DL or get a passrushing OLB in the 1st round. With only one current pick in the Top 90, it's an absolute must.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Or just pass him over completely.

with the 32nd pick, i hope we can do a little better than Cam Newton.

Jets Insider VIP
    Cameron Heyward, Cameron Jordan, J.J. Watt, Von Miller, Aldon Smith, Justin Houston, Christian Ballard....someone has to be there who is of more use than Cam Newton.

Cam Newton has declared for the NFL draft and has already given his agent a cash advance.

http://twitter.com/#!/GoodSportz

Thought that was pretty funny!