Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Arbaham

John Arbaham

I love Mangold, but I wish we had John Abraham for the game tomorrow.

We didn't keep him because of health concermns, but looking back, he held up pretty good.

In five years with the Falcons, he missed 9 games, only 1 in the past 4 years.

He has had 49 sacks in the five years, 13 this year. Atlanta had only 31 sacks this year, so Abraham almost had half of the team's total. You have to figure he was getting a lot of attention and still had almost half the teams sacks.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... who's blocking wilfork? ...

l_j_r

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... who's blocking wilfork? ...

l_j_r
    Mangold's a pro!

i think given we have arguably the best center in football makes up for it....

this can be compared to breaking up w/ a girlfriend and then missing her...

ask yourself...do you miss john abraham or the idea of john abraham?

we need a pass rusher, but not john abraham specifically

Quote Originally Posted by Heynowguy View Post
    I love Mangold, but I wish we had John Abraham for the game tomorrow.

We didn't keep him because of health concermns, but looking back, he held up pretty good.

In five years with the Falcons, he missed 9 games, only 1 in the past 4 years.

He has had 49 sacks in the five years, 13 this year. Atlanta had only 31 sacks this year, so Abraham almost had half of the team's total. You have to figure he was getting a lot of attention and still had almost half the teams sacks.
    I am glad we have our center....

Practice Squad
    Once again Abe didn't do much when it really mattered...plus he still looks like he is a head case. Glad he is gone. Yes, we still need a pass rusher.

1 sack tonight, 1 tackle. Meh, I'll take Mangold in the playoffs.

mangold > abraham

abe would be nice but he is one dimensional. when we were running the mangini 3-4 he would have been useless. rex maybe could have done something with him but versatility is not his forte

loved abe, but give me Mangold anyday..IN MANGOLD WE TRUST

All Pro
    I was watching the game with a good friend who's a Philly fan...... when they showed the lineups, he made a snicker/comment about Abe being a pro bowler. I told him that Abe was traded for the pick that got Mangold. His response was .... "eh, nevermind"

We got lucky with drafting Mangold, the other guy we drafted from Ohio State was Gholston.

I wouldn't trade Mangold for Abraham, but I wish we found a way to draft Mangold and keep Abraham.

All League
    So we're pretty much gonna get this thread every time the Falcons are on TV.

i wonder if falcons fans start threads about abraham thinking they could have had mangold

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heynowguy View Post
    I wouldn't trade Mangold for Abraham, but I wish we found a way to draft Mangold and keep Abraham.

... i wish i could spend a night with jennifer connelly ...

l_j_r

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    So we're pretty much gonna get this thread every time the Falcons are on TV.
    atleast we wont have to see another one for about 8 months

Name one playoff game he's had an impact on.

Please, I'd take Mangold everyday

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... i wish i could spend a night with jennifer connelly ...

l_j_r

You mean you wish jennifer connelly would choose to spend the night with you instead of her boy-toy of the day.

Hall Of Fame
    If he played in NY - he'd have the flu every playoffs. Playing in the Georgia dome is the only reason he is healthy.

Also lets not forget - Abe came out in 2000. He's like 7 years older than Mangold. Nick can be an all pro for 10 more years - Abe maybe 2?

Mangold is a stud and we're very fortunate to have him.

Hall Of Fame
    Just what I want: a guy who whiffs on two clean shots at the QB, and has 0 impact in a home playoff game in which his team is blown out by 28 points. John Abraham = SOJ.

I'll take Nick Mangold, thanks.