Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many points for Gronk, welk, head?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess Ol' Danny Boy can go back to shining shoes and waiting for Polly Purebred until Simon Barsinister comes back again next fall.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bump for SkippyGoo the Third...

I already PROVED you disappeared for the week after the Seattle game even though you said you were here. Your history proves you're a liar.

As to your claim I did the same for months after the playoff loss. Read and it weep. It's one thing to talk smack. It's quite another to lie your ass off......

And for the rest of you, here's a chance to look back onto better days.....
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 11-20-2012 at 09:19 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Bump for SkippyGoo the Third...

I already PROVED you disappeared for the week after the Seattle game even though you said you were here. Your history proves you're a liar.

As to your claim I did the same for months after the playoff loss. Read and it weep. It's one thing to talk smack. It's quite another to lie your ass off......

And for the rest of you, here's a chance to look back onto better days.....
    I'm impressed, you showed up, you took the heat and even gave us a congrats....Has TX ever manned up like that? Doubt it...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    0-3 since that game.

Been a fan since the early '90s, sadly that game is my SB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    0-3 since that game.

Been a fan since the early '90s, sadly that game is my SB.
    I wouldn't call it our Super Bowl, but definitely our biggest win ever, almost tied with beating the Raiders in the 82 Divisional playoffs, but nothing compares to sticking to Beli and Brady and the rest of em

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    I wouldn't call it our Super Bowl, but definitely our biggest win ever, almost tied with beating the Raiders in the 82 Divisional playoffs, but nothing compares to sticking to Beli and Brady and the rest of em
    A lot of Jets fans don't believe it but from the other side, it's really not a huge deal other than the fact that the season ended. Pats fans don't consider that loss some monumental failure. That loss pales in comparison to lots of other highs and lows. That playoff win is more of a Jet thing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    A lot of Jets fans don't believe it but from the other side, it's really not a huge deal other than the fact that the season ended. Pats fans don't consider that loss some monumental failure. That loss pales in comparison to lots of other highs and lows. That playoff win is more of a Jet thing.
    Except to guys like Brady who called it his worst loss of his career, but I guess its a "Jet thing,". So why are you here everyday?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Except to guys like Brady who called it his worst loss of his career, but I guess its a "Jet thing,". So why are you here everyday?
    got kicked off of the pats sites for being too critical and my job affords a lot of down time between meetings...you?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    got kicked off of the pats sites for being too critical and my job affords a lot of down time between meetings...you?
    Uhh...I'm a diehard Jet fan born in 68, why wouldn't I be on a Jet fan board? You, on the other hand are here to rub your teams success in our faces on a daily basis on our site and expect me to believe us sticking it to you in Jan 2011 was no big deal for you...Get a friggen grip, Brady still calls it the toughest loss of his career, you're full of shlt

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uhh...I'm a diehard Jet fan born in 68, why wouldn't I be on a Jet fan board? You, on the other hand are here to rub your teams success in our faces on a daily basis on our site and expect me to believe us sticking it to you in Jan 2011 was no big deal for you...Get a friggen grip, Brady still calls it the toughest loss of his career, you're full of shlt

Okay, if that's how you see it. Not really into rubbing it into your faces. Like to talk football but that's about it. Tried to offer a different view but if you want to get angry about it, so be it... enjoy your day .

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, if that's how you see it. Not really into rubbing it into your faces. Like to talk football but that's about it. Tried to offer a different view but if you want to get angry about it, so be it... enjoy your day .
    Whatever, I'm not angry, I'm just calling a spade a spade, I guess its a Jet thing

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever, I'm not angry, I'm just calling a spade a spade, I guess its a Jet thing
    Sorry, I'm going to stick with anger. I have too many good conversations with Jets fans to smear them. All I've done is explained my position without any ulterior motive. If you can't believe that, I can't help. Have a good holiday though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    link?

I have no doubt it was a horrible loss to Brady, and right up there in the top 5 maybe. But I have to believe losing the 2 SBs in the finale minutes of both games were both far bigger losses. Don't you?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    link?

I have no doubt it was a horrible loss to Brady, and right up there in the top 5 maybe. But I have to believe losing the 2 SBs in the finale minutes of both games were both far bigger losses. Don't you?
    http://m.weei.com/sports/boston/this...over-jets-loss

Brady: 'I'll never get over that [Jets] loss'
    by: Rob Bradford on Mon, 08/15/2011 - 7:29am

Speaking during his weekly appearance on the Dennis & Callahan Show, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady admitted that the loss to the Jets in last season's playoffs was as difficult a defeat as he had experienced since entering the NFL. (To listen to the entire interview, click here.)

"The Jets, I'll never get over that loss," Brady said. "That's as painful as a loss as I think we've ever had here as a team.

"They can rush the passer. They're a good team. They pressure the quarterback, that's what we have to be prepared for with them. And they always try and find a way to confuse the quarterback, whether that's by pass rush, whether that's by coverage and often times both. We gave them a lot of credit when they won and I think we have to learn from that and understand what it takes to beat good teams under tough conditions. That's what we have to try and accomplish this year."

Along the lines of protecting the quarterback, Brady reiterated how pleased he was that the Patriots were able to come to terms with offensive linemen Logan Mankins and Matt Light.

"That was a big question mark at the end of the season, if you replace a couple of guys who have been two of the best offensive lineman who ever wore a Patriots uniform," he said. "But both of them come back, Logan on a long-term deal, Matt on a shorter deal. Those are great players. They are so good at what they do. They're tough, they're smart, they're physical players, they know our offense, they're great in the locker room. They're just great guys. I've been lucky enough to have them protect me for a long time, and I'm lucky to have them protect me this year. I love those guys."

Another player Brady touched on in his interview was second-year wide receiver Taylor Price, who opened some eyes by catching five passes for 105 yards and a touchdown in the Pats' 47-12 preseason win over Jacksonville Thursday.

"Taylor has certainly taken advantage of his opportunities," the quarterback said. "He got in late in the season last year against Miami, got in the game and made some good plays against the Dolphins and had this training camp to build on that performance. He's continuing to work at it. The more good plays you have without bad plays, that's what veteran players do, that's why veteran players stick around. I think coaches tolerate from younger players mistakes more than older players, so as older players you're always trying to make good players and I think with younger players they can make good plays but they also have to understand they have to do better as well. Taylor is working on that. He's another guy who has really been willing to work, but he has to continue to come out here and build on that performance, as well. We're all a long way from where we need to be."

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I look forward to a similar thread from Guido on Friday

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I said it was "my" SB.

1. NE - 2010
    2. Jacksonville - 1998
    3. San Diego - 2009
    4 (tie). Colts - 2010/Colts - 2002
    6. San Diego - 2004

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I said it was "my" SB.

1. NE - 2010
    2. Jacksonville - 1998
    3. San Diego - 2009
    4 (tie). Colts - 2010/Colts - 2002
    6. San Diego - 2004
    You must be young, because the win over the raiders in 82/83 is my #2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you seriously think losing a division round game is more devestatig than losing 2 Super Bowl games by one play each?

Congrats on your Super Bowl win.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Do you seriously think losing a division round game is more devestatig than losing 2 Super Bowl games by one play each?

Did u read the article?

"The Jets, I'll never get over that loss," Brady said. "That's as painful as a loss as I think we've ever had here as a team."

Your argument is with your QB, not me

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

More? Maybe not. As devastating? Tommy said so.

More devastating: losing a game you are highly favored in to get to the SB (which you're also highly favored to win), or getting to the SB and losing, by however slim a margin.

I know you're a patriot fan (loyal since '01), but, as a jets fan, I'd rather lose in the big one.

I guess you guys are bored with SB appearances.