Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 122

Thread: Yay choice!

  1. #1
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501

    Yay choice!

    How long before Obama makes this guy his "Choice Czar?"

    Philadelphia Abortion Doctor Charged With 8 Counts of Murder

    Published January 19, 2011

    Dr. Kermit Gosnell, 69, made millions of dollars over 30 years, performing as many illegal, late-term abortions as he could, prosecutors said (MyFoxPhilly.com).

    Dr. Kermit Gosnell, 69, made millions of dollars over 30 years, performing as many illegal, late-term abortions as he could, prosecutors said (MyFoxPhilly.com).

    An abortion doctor who catered to minorities, immigrants and poor women was charged with eight counts of murder in the deaths of a patient and seven babies who were born alive and then killed with scissors, prosecutors said Wednesday.

    Dr. Kermit Gosnell, 69, made millions of dollars over 30 years, performing as many illegal, late-term abortions as he could, prosecutors said. State regulators ignored complaints about him and failed to visit or inspect his clinic since 1993, but no charges were warranted against them, District Attorney Seth Williams said.

    Gosnell, his wife and eight other colleagues were arrested overnight Tuesday following a grand jury investigation, MyFoxPhilly.com reports.

    According to the district attorney's office, Gosnell is facing murder in the third degree for the death of 41-year-old Karnamaya Mongar. The patient died Nov. 20, 2009, when she was overdosed with anesthetics prescribed by Gosnell, according to the station.

    Williams said during a press conference Wednesday that Gosnell "induced labor, forced the live birth of viable babies in the sixth, seventh, eighth month of pregnancy and then killed those babies by cutting into the back of the neck with scissors and severing their spinal cord."

    The district attorney also said patients were subjected to squalid and barbaric conditions at Gosnell's Women's Medical Society.

    Authorities went to investigate drug-related complaints at the clinic last year and stumbled on what Williams called a "house of horrors."

    "There were bags and bottles holding aborted fetuses scattered throughout the building," Williams said. "There were jars, lining shelves, with severed feet that he kept for no medical purpose."

    The clinic was shut down and Gosnell's medical license was suspended after the raid.

    Workers, some of whom were also charged with murder, were untrained and unlicensed, including a high-school student who performed anesthesia with potentially lethal narcotics, Williams said.

    Gosnell has been named in at least 10 malpractice suits, including one over the death of a woman who died of sepsis and a perforated uterus.

    "I am aware that abortion is a hot-button topic," Williams told reporters. "But as district attorney, my job is to carry out the law. A doctor who knowingly and systematically mistreats female patients, to the point that one of them dies in his so-called care, commits murder under the law."

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    How long before Obama makes this guy his "Choice Czar?"
    What does the current President have to do with this article? Seriously?

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    What does the current President have to do with this article? Seriously?
    What does your asking about that have to do with the article? Seriously?

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    What does your asking about that have to do with the article? Seriously?
    Though your politics have always been far right (other than on religion) you have become of the nastier posters on here. Sad really.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    What does your asking about that have to do with the article? Seriously?
    I actually worked that case.

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Though your politics have always been far right (other than on religion) you have become of the nastier posters on here. Sad really.
    In what way, in re: to this thread?

    Shakin posted a horrid event.

    cr sniped Shakins sarcastic one liner, and completely ignored the topic.

    I, in reply, chose to point that fact out.

    In what way is that "nasty"? Is it "nasty" to desire replies actually touch on the topic being raised?

    And "far right" and I have very little in common, policy wise. But thanks for making me lol, after the day I've had, I needed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    I actually worked that case.
    The case in the OP?

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    .



    The case in the OP?
    Yes, I worked it and it had nothing to do with the President.

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Yes, I worked it and it had nothing to do with the President.
    Of course it didn't.

    Do you think Shakin really thinks it does? If so, you may want to take a break, because Shakins intent was pretty obvious, and it wasn't a criticism of the President the way you seem to see it.

    I'd ask your thoughts on the Case, but we both know if you worked it or are that jurisdiction, you not only shouldn't speak about it, youare prohibited from doing so.

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    This lunactic represents Abortion rights the same way Jared whatever his name in Tuscon represents the NRA.

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    This lunactic represents Abortion rights the same way Jared whatever his name in Tuscon represents the NRA.
    Huh?

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Of course it didn't.

    Do you think Shakin really thinks it does? If so, you may want to take a break, because Shakins intent was pretty obvious, and it wasn't a criticism of the President the way you seem to see it.

    I'd ask your thoughts on the Case, but we both know if you worked it or are that jurisdiction, you not only shouldn't speak about it, youare prohibited from doing so.
    The article is accurate.

  12. #12
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    What does the current President have to do with this article? Seriously?
    What did Sarah Palin or the Tea Party have to do with the Arizona shootings? Seriously?

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    What did Sarah Palin or the Tea Party have to do with the Arizona shootings? Seriously?
    Find a post where I have ever stated anything about Palin and the Tuscon shootings. I'll wait............................

  14. #14
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    This lunactic represents Abortion rights the same way Jared whatever his name in Tuscon represents the NRA.
    So he kills a 7 month old baby outside of the womb, and he's a murderer. But if he does it while the baby is inside the womb, as late-term "Abortion Rights" supporters have no problem with, it's not murder?

  15. #15
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Find a post where I have ever stated anything about Palin and the Tuscon shootings. I'll wait............................
    How long will you wait? Like, seriously, could I string you along for a few days, or even a week? Caus that would be pretty friggin funny.

    My comment on Obama was simply in reference to his ambivalence (at best) to late term abortion. And his penchance for circumventing congress and naming "czars" for everything under the sun. See the tie in? I'll wait..................

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    How long will you wait? Like, seriously, could I string you along for a few days, or even a week? Caus that would be pretty friggin funny.

    My comment on Obama was simply in reference to his ambivalence (at best) to late term abortion. And his penchance for circumventing congress and naming "czars" for everything under the sun. See the tie in? I'll wait..................
    Classless is what it was and will remain to be. You want to argue about a legal medical procedure and reference the President, no thanks.

  17. #17
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Classless is what it was and will remain to be. You want to argue about a legal medical procedure and reference the President, no thanks.
    Classless? Just because you refuse to acknowledge the context doesn't make it classless. Obama voted against a bill that would outlaw partial birth abortions (which is one of the things the doctor in the article is accused of). By the same token he has also voted against requiring minors who get out-of-state abortions to notify their parents, which is absolutely absurd. As far as I'm concerned this doctor and Obama paddle in the same canoe.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Classless? Just because you refuse to acknowledge the context doesn't make it classless. Obama voted against a bill that would outlaw partial birth abortions (which is one of the things the doctor in the article is accused of). By the same token he has also voted against requiring minors who get out-of-state abortions to notify their parents, which is absolutely absurd. As far as I'm concerned this doctor and Obama paddle in the same canoe.
    The current President voted "yes" to all the legislation when a state Senator in Illinois?

    It's a shame you want to equate what happened in Philadelphia with a legal medical procedure.

    "In the Illinois state Senate, on issue after issue, my opponent voted 'present,' instead of yes or no. Seven of those votes were on a women's right to choose," Sen. Clinton said in a December 2007 speech in Iowa. In the days leading up to Super Tuesday on Feb. 5, 2008, several other groups repeated the charge against Obama via e-mails.

    The facts here are not in dispute. Obama did vote present on seven bills that attempted to restrict abortion. His defenders argue that it was a tactic to disrupt legislation that would be used against Democrats in swing districts.

    It's worth pausing here to explain what the "present" vote means. The Illinois Legislature allows members to vote "yes," "no," or "present." Bills need "yes" votes to pass, so a vote of "present" counts the same as a "no."
    Thus, Obama's "present" votes on bills seeking to restrict abortion counted the same as if he had voted "no." All of the bills passed by in the Senate by sizable margins.

    The seven votes were on proposals that abortion opponents have successfully passed in other places. Two bills outlawed the late-term procedure that opponents call partial-birth abortion. Two bills required parental notification for minors seeking abortions. Three bills were for so-called "born alive" legislation, which require doctors to administer medical care to aborted fetuses that survive the abortion process in hopes that the fetuses can survive.

    No one questions that Obama opposed the seven pieces of legislation; indeed, he is mentioned in news reports from the time as being against several of the measures. Rather, Obama's critics say he ducked a "no" vote; supporters say it was a tactical move.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...similar-to-no/

  19. #19
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    The current President voted "yes" to all the legislation when a state Senator in Illinois?

    It's a shame you want to equate what happened in Philadelphia with a legal medical procedure.
    It's a shame that you have no problem with the "legal" killing of a child that -- as the charges against the doctor show -- prove that these babies are viable human beings at the time of their abortion. The fact that he was either too lazy or incompetent to shove his tools up his patients' twats to do the job -- and induced labor so he could whack 'em once they were out -- is the only thing that differentiates this doctor and all the doctor's Obama and other "pro-choice" advocates canonize. He gets brought up on charges, the others are defended tooth and nail by guys like you and the big O.

    And thanks for pasting that article -- it supported my contention about him 100%. The semantics of a "no" vote vs. a "present" vote in Illinois are spelled out clearly there.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    It's a shame that you have no problem with the "legal" killing of a child that -- as the charges against the doctor show -- prove that these babies are viable human beings at the time of their abortion. The fact that he was either too lazy or incompetent to shove his tools up his patients' twats to do the job -- and induced labor so he could whack 'em once they were out -- is the only thing that differentiates this doctor and all the doctor's Obama and other "pro-choice" advocates canonize. He gets brought up on charges, the others are defended tooth and nail by guys like you and the big O.

    And thanks for pasting that article -- it supported my contention about him 100%. The semantics of a "no" vote vs. a "present" vote in Illinois are spelled out clearly there.
    Stay classy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us