Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The official "Eat Crow THREAD" Who lost hope after Ravens game or 45-3?

The official "Eat Crow THREAD" Who lost hope after Ravens game or 45-3?

Who was on here thinking we wouldn't make it this far? Start being honest fellas and swallow crow.

On the other side ... Who thought ... we'd be here after the Ravens disaster, shut out against the Packers, 45-3, the miami blunder, and the inconsistent play

No offense but I don't see this thread ending well.

Jets Insider VIP

Jets Insider VIP
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    I'll admit it. After the Miami loss I didn't even bother paying my playoff invoice. Now I'm out of the lottery if...

Quote Originally Posted by baldnuts1 View Post
    I'll admit it. After the Miami loss I didn't even bother paying my playoff invoice. Now I'm out of the lottery if...
    I hear ya, brother. After the Ravens loss I declared that "rex had misled us!" and set fire to my custom-Jets-painted 1998 Winnebago with the remainder of my season tickets, and obnoxious optimistic Jet fan son inside.

Wish I had the tickets back

i've been fighting the good fight all year and have been BLASTED numerous times....

trust me this thread is senseless...all of those people will pretend they never gave up...and if they did? it is what it is...this week Jets fans need to unite for the first time all season.

Jets Insider VIP
    What about the people who lost hope after losing 9-0 to Green Bay?

I thought it unlikley but not impossible that we would beat the Pats. I wasn't the least bit surprised we won the 1st game, it was closer than I thought it would be. The Jets looked as bad if not worse near the end of the year last year and made it this far and this team is better so it wasn't a giant surprise. It was a surprise that we really owned the Pats though.

I don't know if I "gave up hope" but the Miami loss killed me. After sitting through 45-3 I thought this team would come out with their hair on fire.

That being said, I was sitting at my desk all week playing the playoff generator and screamed at Brad Smith to run faster in Pitt.

What is it that makes some only find pleasure in being better than their supposed fellows?

Hate to break it to you, but simply "having faith" doesn't make you inherantly right or better. Nor does having criticisms make one inherantly wrong. It's the strength of your specific argument that counts, not "did you think we'd make the Championship Game back when...".

"Back Then" I and many others you'd say need to eat crow, thought and were rather vocal about the Jets having to improve greatly from their quality of play vs. the dregs we were playing at that point and barely beating.

They didn't, and lost a few bad games, culminating in the New England and Bears games, where the O and then the D, pooped the bed vs the better teams on our schedule. The Jets got the message, started playing better and far more foccussed football, and the result speak for themselves.

You'd say we were "doubters and haters" who should now suck Crow, we'd say "told you so".

So what either way?

EDIT: For the record, I did not dump this thread.
    Last edited by Warfish; 01-19-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    What is it that makes some only find pleasure in being better than their supposed fellows?

Hate to break it to you, but simply "having faith" doesn't make you inherantly right or better. Nor does having criticisms make one inherantly wrong. It's the strength of your specific argument that counts, not "did you think we'd make the Championship Game back when...".

"Back Then" I and many others you'd say need to eat crow, thought and were rather vocal about the Jets having to improve greatly from their quality of play vs. the dregs we were playing at that point and barely beating.

They didn't, and lost a few bad games, culminating in the New England and Bears games, where the O and then the D, pooped the bed vs the better teams on our schedule. The Jets got the message, started playing better and far more foccussed football, and the result speak for themselves.

You'd say we were "doubters and haters" who should now suck Crow, we'd say "told you so".

So what either way?
    Although you're "not here", your comments were, indeed, all there. Well said.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ill have the crow sandwich and can I substitute waffle fries instead of the regular fries?

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

So what either way?
    No need to be defensive Fish. If you asked me after the Miami game if we'd be in the AFC championship I would have said no right away. In fact I was even more worried about if we'd make the playoff's. I thought some teams would get hot and we'd have to win 2 out of 3 to make the playoff's but yet I still believed in the formula we build. I just didn't think we were utilizing it properly. I for one never once thought we were a passing team while others here were stuck on Sanchez's numbers being up there with Bries, & Aaron Rogers for a couple of weeks they were desperately wanting for that to keep on happening. I always put in perspective that we were playing teams with terrible pass defenses and what Sanchez is at this point in his career is a game manager and we had to get back to running the ball and getting our defense to where it should be. I always thought about the holes in this team and worried about plugging them. Yet I didn't start this thread to go at anybody and tell them "YOU ARE STUPID AND IM NOT" ... I think you misinterpreted. I think as much faith as I've had in the Jets all year even through the TERRIBLE losses, I myself have to eat crow as well. Nothing wrong with admitting hell there were some fellas man enough to admit it already in this thread. If you asked me after the Miami game if we were going to be in this position, I'd tell you absolutely NO.

For some abstruse reason the only thing that actually gave me hope and a good feeling we can make a run was seeing the 2 games we played back 2 back against the Steelers and Bears, the back ups dominate the Buffalo game, but the major thing was seeing that we had drawn Indy in the first round. I created the post saying it was the best thing that happened to us for us to make a serious run. I just thought wow ... what better way to start and bring it together than a team facing the team they were A. built to beat, B. beat them last year so there's the revenge factor and C. has peyton manning which is as good as a prep game that you can have to go up against a guy like Brady. I thought it was perfect. This thread clearly says if you lost faith during the regular season games up to the Miami game .... I will gladly Eat Crow on this thread and admit it ... after the Miami game I would have NEVER thought we'd be here. There's people on this forum that are mad after wins ... hell even playoff wins. I enjoy winning at any cost cause no team is going to play perfect. Either way there's nothing wrong with looking back at the journey and thinking of when was that time that you thought "nah this ain't the year" ... my day was after the Miami game ...
    Last edited by LadainianIMnotDONE; 01-19-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    . Who thought ... we'd be here after the Ravens disaster
    The first game of the year ??

The game we lost by one point ??

That Ravens disaster ??

I tried to warn you.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'd love to go back and get the names of all the losers who called me a homer for not admitting that the season was over. Or for thinking that the Jets could beat Indy and the Pats.

Homer, with a few choice words added in front of it.

That's me, sh1theads!

Rookie
    I admit it...... After the Miami loss I really thought we were headed for a 1985 like collapse. The team seemed to have no discipline or fire!!!!! The last four games have proven me wrong.

Crow...... Eaten!!!!!!

NOW JETS>>>> PLEASE FINISH THE JOB!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post

That Ravens disaster ??
    That's how football geniuses work. You lose your first game of the year, by all of one point, you give up hope.

That's one side of stupid. The other is when you give up all hope because you only beat the Dolphins by 8 points.

Or the Vikes by only 9 points. That's a whole different kind of stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post

That Ravens disaster ??
    Southside stop being melodramatic. Nothing wrong with men admitting they were wrong and we're all having grown folk talk here. As for Phoenixx ... I'm not saying you! ... but AFTER the Ravens game ... yes the FIRST game of the season and after that loss .... I walked out of a bar FLOODED with Jet fans in Queens and let me tell you, I know its just emotion talking but some people literally thought the season was OVER! You don't understand the convo's I had with some there. I start looking on the internet that night and then looking at TV. It was a disaster! That was as a nationally televised game where our offense looked so JV ... after all the talk and hype we looked like clowns nationally. Now I'm not saying I fell into this but I took a peep at this forum as well as other Jet forums and people were acting the season was ending after 1 game especially since the Pats were up next. So yes I say disaster sarcastically but some people actually took it like that. Hell people were still talking about the Ravens game in week 11. Schotty by many still isn't forgiven for that game no matter what he does even though Rex openly admitted he wanted the game to go that way. I'm just saying ... to some it was a disaster. Bad choice of words for maybe you and looking back in retrospect its a terrible choice of words thinking of the position we're in now, but start pulling back some of the threads from that day. It is what it is...

I didn't lose hope, I lost confidence after 45-3. It would take a lot more to rob me of hope, even a sad loss to Miami.

And I was pleasantly surprised by the win in Pitt (that 10th win took a lot of pressure off the team), frustrated by the loss in Chicago (really ticked off at the coaching in that game), and satisfied by not losing any personnel when beating Buffalo.

It wasn't until AFTER the Colts game that I could regain the confidence I lost in December. I saw the improvement and realized how primed the Jets were for a win. And they got it.

I will be sorely disappointed if the Jets do not win in Pittsburgh. We had what I deemed forgivable reasons to lose in Indy last year - but none if we lose in Pitt this year.

In fact, Pittsburgh will be the squad who will be forgiven for losing this year's AFC game. We're too much.