Thread: 30 minutes away

All League

30 minutes away

Just a year ago, you were 30 measly minutes away. 30 minutes away from having a chance to fulfill your goal. 30 minutes away from being a place this team hasn't been in 42 years. 30 minutes from having a chance to fulfill the hopes of all of those "fans" out there that support you. 30 minutes away from having a chance to silence all the doubters, silence all the people out there that have doubted your character. Your will. Your talent. 30 minutes away....

That was last year. Remember how that felt.

BUT THAT WAS THEN. THIS IS NOW.

Here you are. Once again, against all the odds, against the "conventional wisdom", despite what the so called "experts" have had to say about you, here you are again, with a chance to make HISTORY. This is what you have worked your whole life for.

"They" said you wouldn't beat Peyton Manning. "They" said you had no chance against Tom Brady. "They" say you can't win in Pittsburgh, and that you can't handle Troy Polomalu or Mike Wallace, or the "Steeler Mystique".

To that, I say one thing.....Bull$hit.

You are the better team today. This is your year. Last year, you got this far...and that was without Ladanian Tomlinson, Santonio Holmes,Jason Taylor, Antonio Cromartie. This year your Quarterback is a veteran, your Head Coach wiser. This year, you've gotten this far by BEATING those Colts.....those Patriots.

All year long we Jets fans have heard how you are "too loud", "too arrogant". We have heard your character questioned, your integrity doubted. We have heard our team called "thugs" and "criminals" and seen the New York Jets held to a different standard than every other team in the NFL. We have seen the personal lives of players like Antonio Cromartie, and Head Coach Rex Ryan dragged into the public eye by an unscrupulous media and used as fodder for "news" stories and satire...and they question YOUR character.

Now those same writers and experts are telling us you backed into the playoffs. That you don't belong. That you don't have a chance.

Today, demonstrate your character, determination, and will.

Show them...

THIS IS YOUR YEAR!!!.

Nothing can stand in your way if you have the will and determination to complete the task at hand. Your goal is within reach. You can almost touch it. Play your game, dictate the terms, and enforce your will upon your opponent today.

If yo do those things, if you play to the level that we have seen you play this year, then nothing can stop you. Today, the message is simple...

FINISH THE JOB.

Today, nothing can stand in OUR WAY. TODAY IS OUR DAY. Finish what you started last year.

Today, expect and achieve one thing.....

VICTORY!!!

Today, you stand 60 minutes from the Super Bowl....

Last edited by Jet_Engine1; 01-23-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I am SO SICK and TIRED of it. I watched the Mud Bowl in college, the 98 game we were up by 10 at the half, last year up 17-6 at the half.

Just watched an ESPN piece on Ladanlian, he wants it bad, so let's go take this.

All League
    The Jets are the underdogs? Again? Good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGMvadAFqLQ

All League
    Mangold! What is best in life?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hikLjcwFdD8

FINISH THE JOB!!!

I assume they won't have green and white confetti on hand in Pittsburgh.

It'll just be an empty stadium with our team, our fans who travelled there, and a sourpussed Jim Nantz handing the trophy over to Woody Johnson.

And, I wouldn't have it any other way!

All League
    I am sad beyond sports. HAve a feeling this will take some time to get over.

But we will ALL be here, regardles of Schottenheimer, regardless of how it went.

We;ll be back here during the draft, minicamps, TC, and beyond, and we STILL expect great things from our Coach and our FRANCHISE QB
    Last edited by Jet_Engine1; 01-28-2011 at 12:09 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    I am sad beyond sports. HAve a feeling this will take some time to get over.

But we will ALL be here, regardles of Schottenheimer, regardless of how it went.

We;ll be back here during the draft, minicamps, TC, and beyond, and we STILL expect great things from our Coach and our FRANCHISE QB
    Havent watched espn, nfl network, or read any sports sites or papers since the loss. Found some cool tv programs though so I have that going for me.

Was there a reason to bump up this thread?

perhaps you are a sadist or something?

man....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    Havent watched espn, nfl network, or read any sports sites or papers since the loss. Found some cool tv programs though so I have that going for me.
    Same, I have basically no interest in sports right now so it's been no ESPN or NFLN for me since Sunday. This one's going to sting all offseason.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Was there a reason to bump up this thread?

perhaps you are a sadist or something?

man....
    Aren't most Jets fans?

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Aren't most Jets fans?
    Not by choice. We actually WANT the team to do well, you know.