Thread: DRAFT THIS BEAST

Still reeling from today bros, how can a game make you feel down in the dumps... anyways hope we get Cam Heyward he's a real beast and a passrushing OLB.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Still reeling from today bros, how can a game make you feel down in the dumps... anyways hope we get Cam Heyward he's a real beast and a passrushing OLB.
    He projects to play DE in a 3-4. He's far too big to play OLB in a 3-4 alignment (he's around 290-295).

Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    He projects to play DE in a 3-4. He's far too big to play OLB in a 3-4 alignment (he's around 290-295).
    Thats good since our biggest problem has been downline men

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Heyward is not in any way a pass rushing OLB...

Our needs imo...

1. DE - Ellis is likely gone and whoever plays this position also has to be able to bring an inside pass rush.
    2. OLB - Just not much this year from the OLB position. Taylor was our best and that's not saying much.
    3. DT - Devito is a 3rd man type of guy. Hopefully Jenkins gets healthy.
    4. RT - We can survive with Hunter, but if a guy like Carimi falls, he'd be awesome.

idk if we can afford to draft another pass rusher from Ohio State lol

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by tomerjets View Post
    idk if we can afford to draft another pass rusher from Ohio State lol
    Heyward can play DE in a 3-4 or a 4-3 alignment. I suspect Gholston would be a LOT better if you ran a 4-3, but I guess you won't find out unless a 4-3 team picks him up now will you?

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Heyward is not in any way a pass rushing OLB...

Our needs imo...

1. DE - Ellis is likely gone and whoever plays this position also has to be able to bring an inside pass rush.
    2. OLB - Just not much this year from the OLB position. Taylor was our best and that's not saying much.
    3. DT - Devito is a 3rd man type of guy. Hopefully Jenkins gets healthy.
    4. RT - We can survive with Hunter, but if a guy like Carimi falls, he'd be awesome.
    I was about to say that Heyward isn't an OLB but I think Fiji meant Heyward AND a pass rushing OLB.

Heyward can play DE in a 3-4 or a 4-3 alignment. I suspect Gholston would be a LOT better if you ran a 4-3, but I guess you won't find out unless a 4-3 team picks him up now will you?
    Misnomer... Gholston wouldn't be better.

It still comes down to being able to get off blocks and beating your man. Gholston simply doesn't do that. Personally I think it's due to a lack of want-to. He doesn't show that next level desire.

There are a lot of guys who are OK just hanging out on the peripheral of everything. He's one of them.

He showed signs of it in college, but he would still make a number of plays that screamed he could be special.

Oh well.. No GM bats a thousand. I'm pissed I missed on him.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Misnomer... Gholston wouldn't be better.

It still comes down to being able to get off blocks and beating your man. Gholston simply doesn't do that. Personally I think it's due to a lack of want-to. He doesn't show that next level desire.

There are a lot of guys who are OK just hanging out on the peripheral of everything. He's one of them.

He showed signs of it in college, but he would still make a number of plays that screamed he could be special.

Oh well.. No GM bats a thousand. I'm pissed I missed on him.
    In terms of college, wasn't Gholston more of a bull rusher who goes thru the blocker, instead of around them?

Jets Insider VIP
    Heyward, Watt, Jordan, Ballard, Wilkerson, Austin...I don't care who it is, just get me one of these guys and I'll be happy.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Heyward, Watt, Jordan, Ballard, Wilkerson, Austin...I don't care who it is, just get me one of these guys and I'll be happy.
    One? Why not 2?

Justin Houston. Our solution to our need for a pass rushing OLB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR0L2RVId90

This guy is an animal. 6-3 260 good size and as you can see very quick to get to the QB
    Last edited by ratliff5; 01-24-2011 at 10:39 PM.

One? Why not 2?
    I do believe we owe our# 2 pick to san diego for cro