Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Big Changes

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Dime a dozen talent...slightly undersized LB...I think he'd do really well for himself with someone like the Colts...for us...meh....maybe if he's as good at his brother at not getting caught.
    I'm sure his brother is willing to give up some trade secrets ; )

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I also like Lawson more, but I think he's going to get a big contract from someone. The Jets are more likely to wind up with Wimbley or Kiwi, who are going to be significantly cheaper IMO.

    What don't you like about Matthews?
    A healthy kiwi would be exactly what our defense needs....can play OLB or DE, has the height and speed to be a very good edge rusher. Good character guy.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    A healthy kiwi would be exactly what our defense needs....can play OLB or DE, has the height and speed to be a very good edge rusher. Good character guy.
    Yeah, I don't know what the deal is with his neck... hope he's OK. The guy is such a huge upgrade over Thomas.

    And Ballard is looking like a PERFECT fit for Rex's system. Hope he's still around when the Jets pick. I was hoping for Cam Jordan, but that guy is going top 15 for sure.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 01-25-2011 at 04:47 PM.

  4. #24
    Phil Taylor was beasting when i was watching the senior bowl practice today, would not mind taking him in the first round or a trade back

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078

    Update

    Stays:
    Holmes
    Harris
    Ellis
    Jenkins (restructure)
    Pool
    Ihedigbo
    Hunter
    Clemens

    Goes:
    Edwards
    Cromartie
    LT
    Taylor
    B. Thomas
    B. Smith
    Woody
    E. Smith
    Coleman
    Pryce
    Richardson
    Brunell
    Hartsock
    Folk

    Signings:
    Kiwanuka
    James Jones
    Mason Crosby
    Chinedum Ndukwe
    Antwan Barnes
    John Henderson
    Randy McMichael

    Draft: I hope they trade back into the mid 2nd and pick up another 3rd, but that probably won't happen.
    1-Brooks Reed
    3-Jerrel Powe
    4-Chimdi Chekwa
    5- Greg Little
    6-Graig Cooper
    7-DeAndre Brown

    Depth chart:
    QB: Sanchez, Clemens, Ainge/O'Connel
    RB: Greene, McKnight, Cooper
    FB: Terminator
    WR: Holmes, Jones, Cotchery, Little, Brown
    TE: Keller, McMichael, Cumberland/Mulligan
    OT: Brick, Hunter, Ducasse,
    OG: Slauson, Moore, Turner
    OC: Mangold, Turner

    DE: Ellis, Jenkins, Henderson, DeVito, Gholston
    NT: Pouha, Powe
    OLB: Pace, Kiwi, Reed, Barnes
    ILB: Harris, Scott, Westerman, Mauga
    CB: Revis, Wilson, Lowery, Cole, Chekwa
    S: Pool, Leonhard, Nduwke, Ihedigbo

  6. #26
    Mason Crosby is a FA to be? SIGN THE BEAST!!!

  7. #27
    Mike, you're killing me.

    Harris, Edwards and Holmes are all staying.

    Go from there.

  8. #28
    Franchise Holmes or Harris (then trade for picks. Only real must have keeper in my mind is Edwards. I'd even try to get Sidney Rice in addition, who I have a mancrush on lol. I am tired of not having tall physical WRs on offense. It makes things more manageable in the redzone and the passing game in general. Anyway now that I am done with that little venting exercise. I'd prefer Phil Taylor in the first (my binkie) and I feel that Reed would be a reach that early.

  9. #29
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,839
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Mike, you're killing me.

    Harris, Edwards and Holmes are all staying.

    Go from there.
    +1

    We need to lockup all three of those guys even if it means we can't sign anyone in free agency. No need to let one of your young, franchise QB's weapons walk out the door and there's no way we let the one blue-chip, young player in our front seven skip town either.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Mike, you're killing me.

    Harris, Edwards and Holmes are all staying.

    Go from there.
    Obviously, I'm bored and do these worthless mocks for fun and to see what you guys think... so your opinion matters to me... but I don't think the Jets will be bringing back all three of those guys.

    And WR is a fairly deep position for the draft this year, so I could see them trying to bring in someone to fill the #3 role via draft instead of giving the odd man out of Holmes/Edwards $6-8 million a year.

    No matter what, the Jets probably have to draft another WR because if they find a way to keep both FAs, that means Smith is a goner -- not that he was a real WR anyway.

  11. #31
    Pryce is going to retire

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    Pryce is going to retire
    Which is why he's in the 'goner' category.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Obviously, I'm bored and do these worthless mocks for fun and to see what you guys think... so your opinion matters to me... but I don't think the Jets will be bringing back all three of those guys.

    And WR is a fairly deep position for the draft this year, so I could see them trying to bring in someone to fill the #3 role via draft instead of giving the odd man out of Holmes/Edwards $6-8 million a year.

    No matter what, the Jets probably have to draft another WR because if they find a way to keep both FAs, that means Smith is a goner -- not that he was a real WR anyway.
    I think that the WRs are staying, honestly.

    Breaking up Sanchez, Holmes and Edwards would mean taking a step back.

    The Jets can't want to "learn" if a player is going to fit into the system going into a season and during it. They need to know those guys are there so they can focus on other guys. It's like starting over.

    Spend the money, it's worth it. Trade the 1st for an established player - it fulfills FA and cuts down on signing a FA and a 1st rounder. We get someone reliable there, and then we can move on.

    I think they should trade their 1st for an established player after re-signing their core players.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I think that the WRs are staying, honestly.

    Breaking up Sanchez, Holmes and Edwards would mean taking a step back.

    The Jets can't want to "learn" if a player is going to fit into the system going into a season and during it. They need to know those guys are there so they can focus on other guys. It's like starting over.

    Spend the money, it's worth it. Trade the 1st for an established player - it fulfills FA and cuts down on signing a FA and a 1st rounder. We get someone reliable there, and then we can move on.

    I think they should trade their 1st for an established player after re-signing their core players.
    Most of us are in agreement that when a new CBA is reached and a cap is reinstated, that the Jets wont have much cap space when they resign most, if not all, of Edwards, Holmes, Cromartie, and Harris. That said, trading the teams first round pick for another veteran, while cutting down on bust factor, does add a higher salary than a bottom of the first round rookie. I'm not so sure the Jets will be able to add another high priced player (assuming trading a first round pick would get you one) or that they even want to. Tanny may want to take his chances on an unproven, cheaper rookie to alleviate and work around current and future cap situations.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us