Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alex Henery

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trust me, if we get a chance for this kid late, you take him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i saw him miss pretty consistently from 50 yards out. I dont see how he's better than Folk/Weatherford and I don't see the Jets using any draft pick on a kicker.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    i saw him miss pretty consistently from 50 yards out. I dont see how he's better than Folk/Weatherford and I don't see the Jets using any draft pick on a kicker.
    hmmm, you're the only person i heard say this. and after watching him as a kicker for 3 years now, i can tell you he's as good as advertised. whether he'll be able to transition to the new ball will remain to be seen, but i feel 100% confident in his ability to do so. he does what works best for him and he's not afraid of change or going against the norm.

-he has no superstitions. he just goes out there and kicks the ball.
    -he doesn't use a kicking shoe. he feels the regular cleats work better for him.
    -and he comes from a soccer background. if you give him the time to figure it out, he can kick anything accurately. He says when practicing, he focuses on "ball flight and contact." Sounds simple, but those seem to be the two most important details regarding kicking, and i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of kickers focus on other things like power or stance or how your shoelaces are tied.

to make it simple, he's just a kicker. he knows how to kick and what goes into how well you kick the ball.

and then there's this...

Alex Henery has made 77.4% of his career field goals from 40 yards or longer (24-of-31). The NCAA career record is 72.1% by Georgia’s Billy Bennet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last kicker who came into a draft with this much hype...for a kicker...was Mason Crosby.

You know what Mason Crosby is doing next week? Kicking in the Super Bowl.

Of course...Crosby isn't actually anything special as a kicker right now, at least as far as accuracy goes....w/e he's pretty awesome as far as kickers go.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    You are the first person that I've met to ever say this. Without a doubt the Jets have too many needs to draft a kicker, but man, if we had extra picks like New England, I wouldn't hesitate to pick this kid up.