Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big 4 US dates announced tomorrow!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Big 4 US dates announced tomorrow!

Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, and Megadeth US tour dates announced tomorrow. There should be a meadowlands show.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mario;3937617]Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, and Megadeth [B]US tour dates announced tomorrow. [/B]There should be a meadowlands show.[/QUOTE]

And you're starting this thread today because? :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mario;3937617]Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, and Megadeth US tour dates announced tomorrow. [b]There should be a meadowlands show.[/b][/QUOTE]

FAIL ;)

[IMG]http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/big4usa2.jpg[/IMG]

[url]http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=152765[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOC-hDULX1c[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mario;3937617]Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, and Megadeth US tour dates announced tomorrow. There should be a meadowlands show.[/QUOTE]
    Those bands may have pre-sales for their fan clubs. I joined the Metallica
    fan club a couple of years ago and they set their folks up with great tickets.
    Many concerts have all of the good seats sold before ticketmaster public sales.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn6/reny410/huge-headphones.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A timeless classic.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REElUors1pQ[/url]

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Metallica still dressing up like mid-90s bono or has that passed?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3938842]FAIL ;)

[IMG]http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/big4usa2.jpg[/IMG]

[url]http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=152765[/url][/QUOTE]

They are absolutley high, if they only play this show!! They could tour the country and easily sell out????:steamin:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2milehighJet;3939041]They are absolutley high, if they only play this show!! They could tour the country and easily sell out????:steamin:[/QUOTE]

It's an early spring show. A summer tour is most likely imminent.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3939054]It's an early spring show. A summer tour is most likely imminent.[/QUOTE]

cool, I was like really???

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_foyr3WcJA&feature=player_embedded[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I was excited.

But Slayer is horrible. Megadeth is meh, songs-wise. Anthrax has never had a decent singer.

And Metallica...they'd be ok, still a fan. But I've seen them a dozen times already, and they're not exactly changing up the songs/setlists all that much.

I may now be officially too old for Metal. Even classic Metal. Just doesn't do for me what it used to when I was 18.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3939074]And Metallica...they'd be ok, still a fan. But I've seen them a dozen times already, and they're not exactly changing up the songs/setlists all that much.

I may now be officially too old for Metal. Even classic Metal. Just doesn't do for me what it used to when I was 18.[/QUOTE]

Totally me these days. I got into guitar by first discovering Tallywhacker back in the day, even bought me a bone white Explorer (AWFUL guitar if you ever plan to sit and play). I had the guitar tab books for all of the albums and memorized those friggin' CDs note for note. Saw them a buncha times live with the '89 show at Nassau Coliseum on the "Justice" tour being the sickest. Finally got to the point where if I wanna hear an old Metallica song, I'll just hum it. I still have respect for them, but this bird has flown.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3939089] Finally got to the point where if I wanna hear an old Metallica song, I'll just hum it. I still have respect for them, but this bird has flown.[/QUOTE]

I like Death Magnetic as much as Lightning or Justice.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3939074]I may now be officially too old for Metal.[/QUOTE]

That's horrible.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3939104]I like Death Magnetic as much as Lightning or Justice.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, this album rocks and it's all because of Rick Rubin. That middle part of the timeline "post-Black Album" was shaky at best.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3939104]I like Death Magnetic as much as Lightning or Justice.[/QUOTE]

As did I, a preety damn solid return to pre-Black Album form (not including the vocals, since Hetfield voice was shot to **** doing the Black Album, drugs, drink and age, and will never be close to what it was then).

But the other bands.....ugh, no. I used to love Anthrax, but can't really listen to them (especially live, where the weak singer/vocals shines through worst) anymore. Slayer...no, beyond "Season in the Abyss", was never really a fan of the founders of "unintelligible vocals" metal. And Megadeth was ok, I spose, but was only really a fan of one album and few select songs here and there.

Metallica/Testament/Iron Maiden/Motorhead, now THAT is a show I;d pay good American coinage to see......[SIZE="1"]in 1989[/SIZE].;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3939121]Metallica/Testament/Iron Maiden/Motorhead, now THAT is a show I;d pay good American coinage to see......[SIZE="1"]in 1989[/SIZE].;)[/QUOTE]

Testament - GREAT band. "Practice What You Preach" is one of my favorite metal albums.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3939111]That's horrible.[/QUOTE]

Tastes change brosef.

After High School (my "Metal Years") I got far more into more interesting music, progressive (Floyd) and the like.

Nowadays, I'm rather old school Prog-head of a somewhat common stripe.

Floyd, Radiohead, Black Mountain, Muse, Grateful Dead, moe., Mars Volta, Alice in Chains (a little metal), Metallica (still) and Iron & Wine (freakfolk), plus some newer proggy bands (Comets on Fire, Silversun Pickups (more poppy), Sleepy Sun, etc, etc, etc).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3939122]Testament - GREAT band. "Practice What You Preach" is one of my favorite metal albums.[/QUOTE]

They should be on before Anthrax!!! Chuck Billy should have been the Anthrax singer, and that band would have blown up IMO.