Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big 4 US dates announced tomorrow!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3939128]Tastes change brosef.

After High School (my "Metal Years") I got far more into more interesting music, progressive (Floyd) and the like.

Nowadays, I'm rather old school Prog-head of a somewhat common stripe.

Floyd, Radiohead, Black Mountain, Muse, Grateful Dead, moe., Mars Volta, Alice in Chains (a little metal), Metallica (still) and [B]Iron & Wine (freakfolk)[/B], plus some newer proggy bands (Comets on Fire, Silversun Pickups (more poppy), Sleepy Sun, etc, etc, etc).[/QUOTE]

Just picked up the new I&W album earlier today, it is fantastic and is a whopping $6.99 at Best Buy.

[QUOTE=RageATL;3939138]Just picked up the new I&W album earlier today, it is fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Aye, I've listened to it a few times steamed off his site, really like it.

Have school tonight (****ing going back to school sucks), but will pick it up tomorrow am. He is stunningly good in my book.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3939128]Tastes change brosef.

After High School (my "Metal Years") I got far more into more interesting music, progressive (Floyd) and the like.

Nowadays, I'm rather old school Prog-head of a somewhat common stripe.

Floyd, Radiohead, Black Mountain, Muse, Grateful Dead, moe., Mars Volta, Alice in Chains (a little metal), Metallica (still) and Iron & Wine (freakfolk), plus some newer proggy bands (Comets on Fire, Silversun Pickups (more poppy), Sleepy Sun, etc, etc, etc).[/QUOTE]

I should branch out a bit more...

...but I've found that my tastes just get harder. My therapist says it's a problem :)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3939158]I should branch out a bit more...

...but I've found that my tastes just get harder. My therapist says it's a problem :)[/QUOTE]

try snuff films

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3939158]I should branch out a bit more...

...but I've found that my tastes just get harder. My therapist says it's a problem :)[/QUOTE]

You should.

Try the following:

Iron & Wine
    Sinoia Caves
    The Orb (Featuring David Gilmour)

You could use some calm in your life brosef.

Veteran
    Major let down that they only announced one date. Apparently in an radio interview today, Lars said they would have more shows depending on what kind of crowd they get.

But since it is an April show, they could certainly have August dates. Megadeth is on the Mayhem fest which ends Aug 14th. So they could add a few more shows Aug 20th, Aug 27 or Sept 3rd. A few years ago Rage Against the Machine played at Coachella. They then added a date in NY (which turned into two) and a date in LA.

I think they'll see that this show will sell well.

For those that are interested tickets are $99. Each band is playing a full set so it will be a 5+ hour show.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Mario;3937617]Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, and Megadeth US tour dates announced tomorrow. There should be a meadowlands show.[/QUOTE]

We will get offered a pre- sale as PSL owners.

[QUOTE=Warfish;3939128]Nowadays, I'm rather old school Prog-head of a somewhat common stripe.

Floyd, Radiohead, Black Mountain, Muse, Grateful Dead, moe., Mars Volta, Alice in Chains (a little metal), Metallica (still) and Iron & Wine (freakfolk), plus some newer proggy bands (Comets on Fire, Silversun Pickups (more poppy), Sleepy Sun, etc, etc, etc).[/QUOTE]

Many people think the hey days of prog were done with the seventies, but the truth is, at least for me, prog has never been better than it is right now. There is a TON of high quality prog out there, most of it smoking 70's prog.

Tinyfish
    Haken
    Echolyn
    Frost*
    Big Big Train
    Arena
    Black Bonzo
    Bigelf
    Spock's Beard
    Porcupine Tree (yeah I know you don't dig these guys)
    Transatlantic
    IQ
    Riverside

Regarding the big 4, I only really like Metallica, pre black album...but for some reason, I absolutely love Anthrax's Sound of White Noise.
    Last edited by OrangeJet; 01-26-2011 at 08:18 AM.

[QUOTE=RageATL;3939122]Testament - GREAT band. "Practice What You Preach" is one of my favorite metal albums.[/QUOTE]

The New Order owns

All League
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3940576]The New Order owns[/QUOTE]

[I]Over The Wall[/I] is one of my favorite tunes. Alex Skolnik can(could?) play a mean fvckin guitar. Certain parts of the solo in that song, I can't even imagine anyones fingers could move that fast.
    Last edited by Big L; 01-26-2011 at 01:56 PM.

only one show at this point in CA. MIGHT add more but nothing yet