Thread: Dr. Scholl’s hires Ryan and his wife for promotional spot

Hall Of Fame

Red face Dr. Scholl’s hires Ryan and his wife for promotional spot

WTF??

http://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmed...nal-spot/6031/

Dr. Scholl’s hires Ryan and his wife for promotional spot
    January 24, 2011 at 6:07 pm by Pete Dougherty, Staff writer

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan and his wife, Michelle, have agreed to appear in a series of commercials for Dr. Scholl’s to promote the foot-comfort company’s podiatric products.

Ryan signed the deal hours after the Jets lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Championship Game.

“Without feet we couldn’t be upright,” Ryan said in a press conference announcing the “For The Love of Feet” campaign. “But I do love Dr. Scholl’s. The Comfort Gel Thermal Massager is my favorite.”

“Mine, too,” Michelle Ryan said.

The commercials will air during Fox’s Super Bowl coverage Feb. 5, the company said.

The Ryans will play a fictional couple, the Bobos, who believe the world revolves around feet.

The Ryans, of course, were the targets of unwanted publicity after Deadspin posted a “foot fetish” video featuring a woman who looks like Ryan’s wife and a man offscreen who sounds like the coach.

Practice Squad
    must be a prank.

Hall Of Fame
    Another link

http://blogs.app.com/fantasticjourne...michelle-ryan/

Dr. Scholl’s signs Rex, Michelle Ryan
    JANUARY 24, 2011 • 7:35 PM
    By Steve Edelson

You can’t make this stuff up. I just got an e-mail about Dr. Scholl’s signing Rex and Michelle Ryan, with their foot fetish one of the juicy storylines surrounding the Jets this season.

Here it is:

“For The Love of Feet” commercials will air during Super Bowl

NEW YORK – Just hours after the Jets’ AFC championship game loss, Dr. Scholl’s hired coach Rex Ryan and wife Michelle to appear in a series of commercials, “For The Love of Feet,” promoting the foot comfort company’s podiatric products.

The Ryans will play a fictional couple, the Bobos, who believe the world revolves around feet.

“The Bobos will become America’s favorite buffoons,” predicted Bozell Worldwide’s creative director Jerry Orthoticci who will shoot the commercials which will air during the Super Bowl on Feb. 6.

“Without feet we couldn’t be upright,” joked Ryan in a press conference announcing the ‘For The Love of Feet’ campaign. “But I do love Dr. Scholl’s. The Comfort Gel Thermal Massager is my favorite.”

“Mine too,” said Michelle Ryan.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    This cant be true.

All League
    Fake.

darrenrovell
    Despite a fake release in my e-mail, Rex & Michelle Ryan have NOT signed a Dr. Scholl's ad deal for Super Bowl

http://twitter.com/#!/darrenrovell/s...99103021600772

Hall Of Fame
    If this is fake, then Mods please dump!

Hall Of Fame
    I wish it were true.

I think that would be awesome.

Hall Of Fame
    pat fans are so scarred, beaten, humilated, embarrassed and emotionally disturbed by Rex and the Jets whipping their great Brady and Belichick when it mattered and three of the five times they have played that they will go to no depths to try and deflect their misery

All League
    If the opportunity was real, and I were Rex, I would take advantage of the opportunity.

Psychologically, it reduces a public controversy to an amusing personal quirk and will continue to infuriate his detractors and continue to make him relevant during the Super Bowl, serving to keep him and the Jets on the public conscience.

All League
    Seems to have originated from here, a spoof site.

http://etruesports.com/index.php?pag...&articleId=507