Thread: Titus Young

All Pro

Titus Young

If Holmes walks, draft this beast.

Anyone else see a little DeSean Jackson when they watch this guy?

(skip to 2:55 of video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPM5ttLp_Qg

He is about 174 rather than the advertized 190. Can he last until the end of the third round ?

From draft site rankings they have him rated 96, 73, 68, 31, 58, 62
    So right now end of 2nd mid 3rd perhaps. (Of course these rankings all change after the senior bowl and the combine.)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    He is about 174 rather than the advertized 190. Can he last until the end of the third round ?
    I'm not sure where he goes, but if I have to guess, somewhere in early to mid 2nd. He has the type of speed and explosiveness every team wants, and I don't think many will be too concerned about his size.

We need to trade our way into two second rounders. I'd franchise Harris and trade him for a 2nd to one of the many teams converting to a 3-4. Another way to get more picks is to trade down from our rd 1 spot if the blue chip DEs are all gone. I'd blow a gasket if we traded down and missed Heyward though. Somewhere Much Ado is smiling lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    We need to trade our way into two second rounders. I'd franchise Harris and trade him for a 2nd to one of the many teams converting to a 3-4. Another way to get more picks is to trade down from our rd 1 spot if the blue chip DEs are all gone. I'd blow a gasket if we traded down and missed Heyward though. Somewhere Much Ado is smiling lol
    What about the transition tag or tender for Santonio or Cro....they are restricted FA, not UFA. (same with Brad Smith)

Im not sure I remember 100% correctly but cant we place a 1st round tender on holmes and if someone signs him they either give us the 1st rounder or we can negoitiate that down to a 2nd or something?

Found this note on Senior Bowl Practices....

Boise State's Titus Young was great in and out of his breaks. He can drop his weight without having to gear down and is a savvy route runner. In fact, he's a confident route runner -- he knows what he's doing. He was very streaky catching the ball today, but we are going to keep a close eye on him to see how he handles adversity and how he carries himself. There are times when he looks like he's the most confident player on the field and has a swagger, but then the second he dropped one pass, it seemed like he went into a shell. He dropped one, then dropped the next two as well. Two of those three he dropped were over his head, and we'll keep an eye on his ability to catch balls over his head as well. In the same time frame of dropping those passes, he also jumped offsides. In one drop, the ball went off his hands and into the DB's hands for a pick and he watched the DB go down the field without even making an effort to chase him. Also, all three of the drops were on shorter, quicker routes so we'll watch how he handles the ball coming at him with some velocity. If he's fighting the ball instead of plucking it cleanly, it can take away from his strength, which is getting upfield after the catch.

They also said Herzlich was struggling in coverage....looking like a day 3 prospect.

Veteran
    Damn son.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    first senior receiver drafted, probably top to mid second round...

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Torrey Smith.
    Only saw Maryland play twice this year. One of them was the NC State game. I know he didn't play like that every game, but he was spectacular.

Boise St. WR Titus Young has a nice burst. Dangerous in space you'd have to think.

Titus Young just had the catch of his week showcasing body control and concentration to high point a poor throw

http://twitter.com/#!/PFWDraftNews

He would be a nice Holmes replacement, but he wont last until our 3rd round pick.

He's looked nasty this week.

Young needs to bullk up or he is going to get lit up like Desean Jackson when he gets to the pros...#3 WR in the NFL for sure!!! Would b a nice draft pick for the Jets if Tone leaves...

WR DEPTH!!!

1 Edwards
    2 Cotchery
    3 Titus YOUNG
    4 ??????????---- Got to do something about this....

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    What about the transition tag or tender for Santonio or Cro....they are restricted FA, not UFA. (same with Brad Smith)

Im not sure I remember 100% correctly but cant we place a 1st round tender on holmes and if someone signs him they either give us the 1st rounder or we can negoitiate that down to a 2nd or something?
    This would be a great idea and give us some much needed draft ammo and flexibility. We need to reload on D