Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Speaking of Music, Picking Up One of These This Weekend

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3939602]Sounds nice and clean. At first glance, I thought it was Jackson Browne in the vid.[/QUOTE]

I love Vox's. They really have their own sound. Nothing sounds like a Vox and Vox's sound like nothing else.

This sounds pretty good!

[QUOTE=ubrnostrum;3967633]I love Vox's. They really have their own sound. Nothing sounds like a Vox and Vox's sound like nothing else.

This sounds pretty good![/QUOTE]

My first "experience" with Vox was with one of their original wah-wah pedals. Then, in the 70s, I saw Queen open for Mott, which was Queen's first trip to the States. I was in shock looking at Brian May's array of Vox amps. He must have had 10 low cabinets on stage. It was loud. :D

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3940288]Not sure why I have never been attracted to play electric guitars. griwing uo as a stand up bass player , electric bass and then acoustic guitar. I would pick up the Les Paul etc...but it wasn't for me. That said....

Any of you guys play these electrics with all the reverb etc.... and then move to a beautiful Taylor or Martin and realize your chops are NOT what you thought when not covered by all the electronics?[/QUOTE]

I am so in love with digital delays; I play clean with a gossamer touch of reverb (about 3 on most dials), so when I go for the delay it's like flying in the clouds.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3967636]My first "experience" with Vox was with one of their original wah-wah pedals. Then, in the 70s, I saw [B]Queen open for Mott,[/B] which was Queen's first trip to the States. I was in shock looking at Brian May's array of Vox amps. He must have had 10 low cabinets on stage. It was loud. :D[/QUOTE]

:eek::eek::eek:

These memories! I loved the British rock gods from that time. What a show!

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3967641]:eek::eek::eek:

These memories! I loved the British rock gods from that time. What a show![/QUOTE]

Uris Theater in NYC. The gig was dubbed the first rock concert on a Broadway stage. Had no idea who Queen was (first record was just out and I heard "Liar" on the radio a few days later); we were there for Ian Hunter and Mott. Queen actually blew them off the stage. Ariel Bender is no Mick Ralphs.