Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bradway & Wooden all over Kerrigan at practice this morning...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Bradway & Wooden all over Kerrigan at practice this morning...

heard a lot of "sounds good" from Kerrigan so i speculate they are setting up a major one-on-one...

Jets Insider VIP
    You think he can play 3-4 OLB at the next level?

I think he's more of a 4-3 DE.

Really like the guy though.

Everyone asking Ryan Kerrigan about 4-3 DE vs 3-4 OLB. He'd rather play DE and held his own vs Carimi/Solder

Purdue DE Ryan Kerrigan has stood out a couple times today in the line drills I've seen. Disruptive

http://twitter.com/#!/PFWDraftNews

All Pro
    Super productive in his career, good technique but I have doubts about his speed vs NFL competition to really be dominant off the edge.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    You think he can play 3-4 OLB at the next level?

I think he's more of a 4-3 DE.

Really like the guy though.
    used at OLB drills this morning and did not embarrass himself...

Ryan Kerrigan has been beastly this week. at 255 might be considered light for teams looking for 4-3 DE and I think he has moved into consideration as an OLB. He's been standing up in certain drills and looked fast enough.

Love, love, love Kerrigan. I think he'll be out of our reach though. I see him going mid-round 1 and we don't have the ammo to trade up and get him. Unfortunately, I could totally see him in a Pats uniform next year. I'd love to have him on our team though. Him, Miller, and Jordan are my three favorite prospects for the Jets and they are all playing themselves out of our hands.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Jets with Phil Taylor in the afternoon....not as overt as kerrigan/hagg...

Quote Originally Posted by WeeZiTe View Post
    Love, love, love Kerrigan. I think he'll be out of our reach though. I see him going mid-round 1 and we don't have the ammo to trade up and get him. Unfortunately, I could totally see him in a Pats uniform next year. I'd love to have him on our team though. Him, Miller, and Jordan are my three favorite prospects for the Jets and they are all playing themselves out of our hands.
    Von Miller was way out of our hands as it was...

Jordan i was holding out hope for though. Same with Kerrigan.

A lot changes before draft day with the combine and pro days... Dan Williams dominated in every way possible last year and it didn't matter on draft day. Still fell.

Same with Atkins who owned everyone in the game itself yet still went well below where he should have. Yet played well for Cincy this year.

And I wouldn't worry so much about the position change... Pass rushing is pass rushing. On clear passing downs, we need a pass rusher. If he can do that, he has tremendous value. Personally I still have to watch a few games of Kerrigan. Downloading some for later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Von Miller was way out of our hands as it was...

Jordan i was holding out hope for though. Same with Kerrigan.

A lot changes before draft day with the combine and pro days... Dan Williams dominated in every way possible last year and it didn't matter on draft day. Still fell.

Same with Atkins who owned everyone in the game itself yet still went well below where he should have. Yet played well for Cincy this year.

And I wouldn't worry so much about the position change... Pass rushing is pass rushing. On clear passing downs, we need a pass rusher. If he can do that, he has tremendous value. Personally I still have to watch a few games of Kerrigan. Downloading some for later this week.
    Miller was still in play until like half way through his season. Then he really came on and dominated and played himself way out of our position. Now he's going even higher.

And in regards to Dan Williams, a rush linebacker/dominant DE is more valuable in the draft than a NT, imo. I think it's more likely for Taylor to fall to us at 30 than Kerrigan or Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeZiTe View Post
    Miller was still in play until like half way through his season. Then he really came on and dominated and played himself way out of our position. Now he's going even higher.

And in regards to Dan Williams, a rush linebacker/dominant DE is more valuable in the draft than a NT, imo. I think it's more likely for Taylor to fall to us at 30 than Kerrigan or Jordan.
    Well, definitely.

But Taylor will be there regardless imo. And if not, because someone is taking a bit of a reach because I see Taylor as a 2nd rounder. Great upside, but not as good as Dan last year.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    This makes me sad, walking away with a NT in this draft is something i really want to see happen

Might have to trade up for him...

And depending on certain personal traits, Powe is better than Taylor either way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    And depending on certain personal traits, Powe is better than Taylor either way.
    Agreed.

If Powe wasn't such a dumbass (literally) then he'd be a 1st round pick IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    Ask and I shall receive.

they all can't go in the first round. Kerrigan might be looked at as a tweener and I think out of all the "hopeful" picks (Heyward, Ballard, Jordan, Watt etc) he actually might be there at 30.

There are other 4-3 DE that are gonna go higher, for example, Bowers, Quinn, Clayborn, Aldon Smith and there could be a run on guys like Ballard who can play 3-4 DE. Kerrigan doesn't have ideal measurables... there should also be 4 qbs in the first round and 4 ot... so it's possible he slips through the cracks.

Agreed.

If Powe wasn't such a dumbass (literally) then he'd be a 1st round pick IMO.
    What are the specific issues with Powe? I heard he was played at 3-tech this season which was just stupid. But other than that I haven't heard anything. What are these personality/IQ stuff people are talking about?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    What are the specific issues with Powe? I heard he was played at 3-tech this season which was just stupid. But other than that I haven't heard anything. What are these personality/IQ stuff people are talking about?
    Well, he's stupid. Several learning disabilities including dyslexia.

I personally don't care, this is football not rocket science. I think he's going to be a helluva NT.

Well, he's stupid. Several learning disabilities including dyslexia.

I personally don't care, this is football not rocket science. I think he's going to be a helluva NT.
    I am just very high on Taylor, I think he could be a Jenkins type with some solid coaching. Such a big guy yet carries his weight amazingly well. Plus I think he can play anywhere in a 3-4 front.