Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Where's the diversity at the Oscars?

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Hurt Locker was a big snooze fest. How that beat out Inglorious Bastards is beyond me.

    I have not seen the King's Speech yet, but I had to chose right now, I would pick the Social Network for best picture in 2010. True Grit not far behind. Inception was intersting, but didn't really do it for me.
    I've seen all the best picture nominees except for Toy Story.

    Here is how I would rank them imo.

    1. The King's Speech - excellent period piece
    2. Inception -visually stunning
    3. Winter's Bone - gripping Meth tale about a girl looking for her dad before their home is foreclosed
    4. Black Swan (mostly for the Natalie-Mila scenes)
    5. 127 Hours - sum is bigger than its parts
    6. The Social Network - pretty good
    7. True Grit - good movie, but Coen brothers add credibility
    8. The Fighter - entertaining in a light way
    9. The Kids Are Alright - good, but just didn't really get into it

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRAGE View Post
    I've seen all the best picture nominees except for Toy Story.

    Here is how I would rank them imo.

    1. The King's Speech - excellent period piece
    2. Inception -visually stunning
    3. Winter's Bone - gripping Meth tale about a girl looking for her dad before their home is foreclosed
    4. Black Swan (mostly for the Natalie-Mila scenes)
    5. 127 Hours - sum is bigger than its parts
    6. The Social Network - pretty good
    7. True Grit - good movie, but Coen brothers add credibility
    8. The Fighter - entertaining in a light way
    9. The Kids Are Alright - good, but just didn't really get into it
    You should see Toy Story. Theres one scene near the end thats actually pretty incredible for an animated movie. If I had a vote, I would probably give it to that or Social Network.

  3. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    You should see Toy Story. Theres one scene near the end thats actually pretty incredible for an animated movie. If I had a vote, I would probably give it to that or Social Network.

    I've heard that it's great. For some reason, I just can't watch a cartoon lately.

    Btw, I think that you're right about your best actor picks. Almost locks imo.

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRAGE View Post
    I've heard that it's great. For some reason, I just can't watch a cartoon lately.

    Btw, I think that you're right about your best actor picks. Almost locks imo.
    pretty much a boring year. Benning could beat Portman though.

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,108
    WTF? Can we please get back to Good Times?



    Willona Woods-I'd like me some of that



  6. #26
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    WTF? Can we please get back to Good Times?



    Willona Woods-I'd like me some of that


    What's stopping you from making a Good Times thread?
    Answer: Nothing

  7. #27
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    WTF? Can we please get back to Good Times?



    Willona Woods-I'd like me some of that


    She was on sassy black woman.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    WTF? Can we please get back to Good Times?



    Willona Woods-I'd like me some of that


    I swear I've seen that guy in the pic somewhere.....
    oh yeah...

    http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/cele...iref=allsearch

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us