Thread: I read that the Jets were chattin' with

I read that the Jets were chattin' with

Brooks Reed. Wouldn't be a bad pick up in the third round if we miss out on the first tier studs like Kerrigan, Miller, etc..

I hear he has been unstoppable the last 2 days. Probably playing his way into Rd. 2

Cameron Jordan round 1. Brooks Reed Round 3? I'd be happy

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesangleton View Post
    Brooks Reed. Wouldn't be a bad pick up in the third round if we miss out on the first tier studs like Kerrigan, Miller, etc..

I hear he has been unstoppable the last 2 days. Probably playing his way into Rd. 2

Cameron Jordan round 1. Brooks Reed Round 3? I'd be happy
    Jordan has probably played himself into the top half of the first round. He is going to be a hot commodity come draft day. With all the 3-4 teams out there, someone is going to snatch him up before the Jets get a chance. He's my favorite 34DE prospect other than Fairley.

I haven't seen any Arizona games, but Reed has been very good at Senior Bowl practice and looks like a late 2/early 3 type of prospect to me.

I keep hearing a Clay Matthews comp....he's not juiced enough to be Matthews...I think he's more Koa Misi, who looks like he's going to be a very solid player for Miami.

He would be a welcome addition.

Cameron Jordan is a pipedream at this point...what a talent.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Jordan has probably played himself into the top half of the first round. He is going to be a hot commodity come draft day. With all the 3-4 teams out there, someone is going to snatch him up before the Jets get a chance. He's my favorite 34DE prospect other than Fairley.

I haven't seen any Arizona games, but Reed has been very good at Senior Bowl practice and looks like a late 2/early 3 type of prospect to me.
    Jordan has played himself into the top ten....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    That doesn't surprise me. If Alualu can go as high as he did...

What about your boy Reed? Is he a guy who should be around when the Jets pick in the 3rd?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    That doesn't surprise me. If Alualu can go as high as he did...

What about your boy Reed? Is he a guy who should be around when the Jets pick in the 3rd?
    no- second round....looked solid when he was asked to drop into coverage today...looked better than many of the South LB's...

i will have a pipeline into that situation...

i will have a pipeline into that situation...
    So does that mean the Jets are very interested in him?

I'm going to be crying during this years 2nd round, I just know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I'm going to be crying during this years 2nd round, I just know it.
    Nah. No need to. I'm sure Tannenbaum will do something. Maybe trade down from their 1sr rd. pick into the early second.

another 250-255 pound de who might be too light for some 4-3 D and fit better in the 3-4. nice hustle guy never stops working and has been making plays this week.. more so than most.

Nah. No need to. I'm sure Tannenbaum will do something. Maybe trade down from their 1sr rd. pick into the early second.
    +1 Tanny's up to the task

I've been waiting for a trade down for the last number of years, he trades up and gets rid of picks and we have 3 or 4 picks in the draft. (whine whine)

Im really ready for a trade down too....hopefully heyward's injury can drop him into the second and we can pick up an extra third round pick.

Just read up on Reed, seems like a good prospect for what we need....

All Pro
    Radio in Dallas has him possibly at 9 to Cowboys.