FA Re-Signings

WR Santonio Holmes
    WR Braylon Edwards
    ILB David Harris
    DE Shaun Ellis
    OT Wayne Hunter
    SS James Ihedigbo

FA Signings

CB Nnamdi Asomugha (Aso takes $8-9 million per and unites with Revis, I really don't think it's as farfetched as many think)

OLB Mathias Kiwanuka

Cuts

OT Damien Woody
    NT Kris Jenkins
    OLB Bryan Thomas
    RB LaDainian Tomlinson
    OLB Jason Taylor

Mock Draft

1st round: DE Christian Ballard - Iowa

3rd round: NT Jerrell Powe - Ole Miss

4th round: FS Eric Hagg - Nebraska

5th round: WR Jeff Maehl - Oregon

6th round: TE Lee Smith - Marshall

7th round: RB Darren Evans - Virginia Tech

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you went a bit overboard in FA. Most here agree, and I am one of them, that the Jets wont have enough to sign Harris, Holmes, Edwards, and Cromartie...let alone Aso over Cromartie. Realistically by cutting Jenkins, Woody, Brunell, Taylor, Hartsock, and LT could save around 15-17 million, but if Harris gets 7-8, Aso gets 8-9 (prob will want more), Holmes wants 6-7, and Edwards gets 5....thats still almost 30 million/year to sign them.

I know Powe has some mental disabilities, but is he really slated to go late 3? I would think someone takes him in round 2.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have a feeling Powe goes mid-late 2nd day.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intothegreen View Post
    I think you went a bit overboard in FA. Most here agree, and I am one of them, that the Jets wont have enough to sign Harris, Holmes, Edwards, and Cromartie...let alone Aso over Cromartie. Realistically by cutting Jenkins, Woody, Brunell, Taylor, Hartsock, and LT could save around 15-17 million, but if Harris gets 7-8, Aso gets 8-9 (prob will want more), Holmes wants 6-7, and Edwards gets 5....thats still almost 30 million/year to sign them.

I know Powe has some mental disabilities, but is he really slated to go late 3? I would think someone takes him in round 2.
    Aso is out of reach considering Jets fiscal ceiling ie having to resign key players mentioned. Having 2 all galaxy cbs in the backfield seems excessive considering the money could be better off spent shoring up existing weaknesses ie pass rush and fortifying the DL.

Either way Tanny clearly has his work cut out for him

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Screw Aso and get someone cheaper. We already have great CB depth. Very nice job otherwise...

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please tell me why you did not have gholston added to your cuts section. I gotta believe that he is out of here after another season of no production.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by djsmoke View Post
    Please tell me why you did not have gholston added to your cuts section. I gotta believe that he is out of here after another season of no production.
    Too costly to cut still (almost 6 million in dead money against the cap and doesnt even save 400k to cut)...hopefully Tanny can at least restructure his contract.