Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Senior Bowl game....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Who is the heftiest quality pass rusher coming out this year? I like Taylor, but it can't be him. I see him more like a run stuffer clogging the middle.
    in the Jets range Ballard is 288lbs...looking forward to seeing what Watt measures at the combine...

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    Brooks Reed is going to be a better 3-4 OLB....
    You think Reed is going in round 1??

Who is the heftiest quality pass rusher coming out this year? I like Taylor, but it can't be him. I see him more like a run stuffer clogging the middle.
    We could use a young NT as well... Jenkins may be gone and can't stay healthy, Pouha is 31 years old.. Would be nice to have a young guy to mix in and can develop..

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    You think Reed is going in round 1??
    no- primarily because of the depth at d-line and unlikely anyone will roll the dice on a guy that needs to transition...

We could use a young NT as well... Jenkins may be gone and can't stay healthy, Pouha is 31 years old.. Would be nice to have a young guy to mix in and can develop..
    Of course. But, it's harder to find quality pass rushers, of which we are in desperate need. I like Taylor, but how can we afford to pass on quality pass rushers if they are available? One could argue the biggest reason we can't make the superbowl is that we have no pass rush in our base defense. We have to blitz to generate something and, even then, we don't always generate a pass rush.

Of course. But, it's harder to find quality pass rushers, of which we are in desperate need. I like Taylor, but how can we afford to pass on quality pass rushers if they are available? One could argue the biggest reason we can't make the superbowl is that we have no pass rush in our base defense. We have to blitz to generate something and, even then, we don't always generate a pass rush.
    taylor would also allow us to push pohoua out to the end

Our defense doesn't have the guy that demands attention in the middle,that can free LBs up..

Would be sick if we could pull off a move like the Packers did in 2008 draft getting BJ Raji and Clay Matthews.. If we could grab Phil Taylor and Brooks Reed.. IDK if that would be possible and not saying either player will be as good as the Packers guys..

Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    If we have no pass rush, it doesn't matter how we move the pieces around. We can find the DeVitos and Krouls of the world to play DL to clog it up. We need pass rushers stat.

Don't forget we also get Pitoitua back.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 01-29-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Our defense doesn't have the guy that demands attention in the middle,that can free LBs up..

Would be sick if we could pull off a move like the Packers did in 2008 draft getting BJ Raji and Clay Matthews.. If we could grab Phil Taylor and Brooks Reed.. IDK if that would be possible and not saying either player will be as good as the Packers guys..
    I would sign up for that in a heartbeat and take the best of both worlds. Doubt it would be possible, especially after giving up a 2nd for Cromartie.

Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post

Taylor moves better than Pouha. He will need to be double teamed constantly at the next level that creates pass rush opportunities for other guys. I would draft this guy and not sweat it one bit, there will be pass rushers there in the third for us, it's a deep draft at Dl and OLB, we're lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeZiTe View Post
    This game made me want Kerrigan even more.
    Would love it if we pick up Kerrigan, this guy would be a beast on a Rex Ryan D - He would really inject some venom and pace along the DL or even at OLB on occasion

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    Brooks Reed is going to be a better 3-4 OLB....
    I haven't seen much of Reed to say otherwise, but I've been really impressed with Kerrigan. He has an amazing motor.

One player that I liked out of the running back group was Darel Scott from Maryland. I notice he is not rated all that high, late round pick. Not sure if the Jets will be looking for a back next year, probably not but this guy look good to me in the game. Quick to the hole, got out of the back field well on pass plays and caught the ball.