Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Like I said before Ponder might be the best of this bunch...

Like I said before Ponder might be the best of this bunch...

I would take him over Locker in a heartbeat, like him better than Gabbert and Mallett for the next level. He had fluid drained from his elbow and struggled all year but the kid's a gamer, cool as a leaf under pressure, has a good arm and can move and pick up first downs when things break up, but is always looking downfield to make a play. I've seen almost every game he played at FSU and I can tell you he's got NFL starting potential.

He doesn't have an NFL arm, which is a shame because it looks that he has everything else.

cool as a leaf under pressure

Not sure if you want to use that term for a qb.

He had as a junior before the elbow acted up on him, if it wasn't for the elbow, we'd be talking about Ponder as the best QB prospect not Locker. He reminds me a bit of Sanchez. He's a great leader and his guys play for him, just a gamer.

hes injury prone..hope he makes it though could be a great backup

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

lol

I would rather have Locker or Mallet. Locker just needs a QB guru to work with his footwork, etc. before the draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    No way man.

He played good today, but had no zip whasoever.

I dont think he can make it as a starter in the nfl.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I would rather have Locker or Mallet. Locker just needs a QB guru to work with his footwork, etc. before the draft.
    so does mallett...he also needs a shrink, but that's another story....

can't see how anyone's relying on a college QB with an average arm that has not been healthy the past two years....he's chad pennington two years before he's ever taken an NFL snap...

I'd hate to be a team that needs a QB, or OT in this draft. Of what I've seen and read so far the quality of the draft lines up pretty good for the needs that the Jets have.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I'd hate to be a team that needs a QB, or OT in this draft. Of what I've seen and read so far the quality of the draft lines up pretty good for the needs that the Jets have.
    especially with the possibility of three year rookie contracts with the first year being a potential wash-out due to the lock out....

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    so does mallett...he also needs a shrink, but that's another story....

can't see how anyone's relying on a college QB with an average arm that has not been healthy the past two years....he's chad pennington two years before he's ever taken an NFL snap...
    Somebody call Terry Shea and Dr. Drew.

I like Ponder. He can play, he's just short and yeah...fits the Chad description. Maybe with some NFL muscle juice....

Fluid in the elbow can zap your arm strength, still he gutted out a bunch of wins, this guy is as tough as they come, tremendous leader. He was a machine gun his junior season, the WR's at FSU the time he was there weren't any good, had no TE to throw the ball to, really could never establish any kind of sustained rapport with any group. Draft this guy and sit him a couple of years, let him get stronger and I tell you what, he's a winner. You'll see.

CBTN what do you think of his teammate Rodney Hudson? Guy was awesome for FSU his entire career here.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    cool as a leaf under pressure

Not sure if you want to use that term for a qb.
    Good one

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    I would take him over Locker in a heartbeat, like him better than Gabbert and Mallett for the next level. He had fluid drained from his elbow and struggled all year but the kid's a gamer, cool as a leaf under pressure, has a good arm and can move and pick up first downs when things break up, but is always looking downfield to make a play. I've seen almost every game he played at FSU and I can tell you he's got NFL starting potential.
    Are you a FSU fan?

Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    CBTN what do you think of his teammate Rodney Hudson? Guy was awesome for FSU his entire career here.
    Hudson is a little undersized but a really tough player. His technique is outstanding and he should easily be the first guard taken in the draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    best zone blocking lineman in the draft but to small- told me outright the number one concern of scouts was his size and he's been told to gain weight...strictly a zone blocker and may have to move into center...i like moffit and cannon better...