Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Phil Taylor is a beast and I think...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Dude not even Jenkins was known to be Jenkins when he was in the draft process. You think if teams knew he was such a beast that they would have let him drop to #44. I think the idea is that he MIGHT have the upside to be that good. He also might just end up being an adequate/average starter, but such is life at the bottom of the 1st round. Agreed on Heyward though, if he's there we should take him. If we could somehow get Heyward/Taylor, we could do nothing else the whole rest of the draft and I probably would still be pretty happy.
    Teams passed up Haloti Ngata in 2006 for the likes of Reggie Bush, Michael Huff, AJ Hawk, Matt Leinart, Donte Whitner and Ernie Sims. For some reason big talented DT's and NT's frequently get undervalued before the draft. Except, ofcourse the ones who do alot of side straddle hops and can run a fast 40 yd dash in t-shirt and shorts like Dewayne Robertson.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    Teams passed up Haloti Ngata in 2006 for the likes of Reggie Bush, Michael Huff, AJ Hawk, Matt Leinart, Donte Whitner and Ernie Sims. For some reason big talented DT's and NT's frequently get undervalued before the draft. Except, ofcourse the ones who do alot of side straddle hops and can run a fast 40 yd dash in t-shirt and shorts like Dewayne Robertson.
    Vince Wilfork to 19 because he was a little fat during his junior season.