Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Anyone think Sam Acho can play OLB?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone think Sam Acho can play OLB?

I like his game a lot, but he was a DE for Texas and it takes a while to learn to play OLB in a 3-4

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure, but he's the type of guy who'll have a couple good years and then disappear...Not sure he has true starter upside.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Sure, but he's the type of guy who'll have a couple good years and then disappear...Not sure he has true starter upside.
    Not to be a jerk, but what type of guy "has a couple of good years' and how can you identify it?

I like the guy a lot, He is not as athletic as Kindle or Orapko coming out of Texas, but is super smart and is a very good person from all reports.

If he is there in the third i would love the Pats to pick him up.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was ranked really high (I think a late-first, early-second round grade) before this season. I didn't watch enough Texas games to see why he fell so far.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Not to be a jerk, but what type of guy "has a couple of good years' and how can you identify it?

I like the guy a lot, He is not as athletic as Kindle or Orapko coming out of Texas, but is super smart and is a very good person from all reports.

If he is there in the third i would love the Pats to pick him up.
    Mark Anderson...started his career off with 17 sacks in 2 years...8.5 in the 4 seasons after that....only got a significant amount of starts in his 2nd season due to injuries on the Bears DL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think he's an underrated 4-3 DE but i dont see him standing up

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Mark Anderson...started his career off with 17 sacks in 2 years...8.5 in the 4 seasons after that....only got a significant amount of starts in his 2nd season due to injuries on the Bears DL.
    I know there are players that fizzle out, my question was how can you yourself identify a draft choice that will fizzle out after two years.

I can say someone wont make it, someone will but I never seen any one predict that a guy will fizzle out. If he was a 180lb rb than ran tall between the tackles, i guess you can say that but i cant think of a reason that Acho would fizzle after success.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I spot 'em with polished guys with average size, alot of experience, and maybe average physical skills.

He could survive...hell Anderson's still in the league...I just don't think he has the upside of a true starter but his pedigree is strong enough to make some kind impact somehow.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Acho had a good game and showed he does have the athleticism to handle that position. Now, he's not going to be covering guys perfectly, but neither is just about any other outside linebacker in the 3-4.

Acho is also a smart dude which absolutely helps. The smart guys are the ones who tend to figure out how to get better and make it work at the NFL level.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    no....