Thread: Senior Bowl Rankings from Scout.com

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Bowl Rankings from Scout.com

Defensive Line

1. Cameron Jordan- Although the quarterbacks get most of the publicity, Jordan remains the best player at the Senior Bowl. He dominates drills similar to what B.J. Raji did a few years ago.

2. Phil Taylor- The mammoth defensive tackle has been a terror to the South offensive linemen. Taylor is playing like Pat Williams in his prime.

3. Jeremy Beal- Beal used his quickness to get in the backfield during Wednesday's practice as he is a prototypical 3-4 end.

4. Ryan Kerrigan- After a couple of tough days, Kerrigan came back with a solid performance. Kerrigan appears to have a solid motor.

5. Jarvis Jenkins- This big defensive tackle was able to penetrate into the backfield routinely and make plays. His stock is certainly up for the week.

Linebackers

1. Nate Irving- Irving seems like the perfect plug and play guy at inside linebacker. He sheds blocks well and makes all the routine plays.

2. Greg Jones- Jones could be an impact linebacker for years to come. Ultra-productive collegiate career, moves well and good instincts.

3. Casey Matthews- The smallish Matthews looked very good in coverage drills and is quick to the football.

4. Brooks Reed- The Arizona linebacker is more athletic than he looks and he has a nice set of hands.

5. Von Miller- Miller is the highest rated linebacker here amongst most draftniks, but he's solely a 3-4 OLB.

Secondary

1. Kendric Burney- The former UNC product has been glued to receivers as his footwork and backpedal are excellent.

2. Shareece Wright- Wright showed great instincts and break on the football as he had multiple passes defensed.

3. Quinton Carter- Carter is physically impressive as he can muscle receivers.

4. Marcus Gilchrist- Gilchrist
    Jets priority in the draft should be front line & Safety position.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would love to pickup Beal or Kerrigan

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    I think he meant to say that Beal is a prototypical 3-4 olb. as he only weighs about 260.

I agree with Jenkins, he probably goes in the 2nd now.

I like Reed too, but I only seen him play once and he always played down.

Burney did look good. The type of guy that you want to put on those quick slot guys.

I think Wright looked better in zone that most people thought before the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    those are bad.....jeremy beal was average on his best day....anyone who ranked matthews, who never made a play on the ball in practice, ahead of brooks read, should receive a lifetime ban from ever writing a word about the NFL draft...

ditto for ranking Quinton Carter (who can't move in anything other than a straight line) and Shareece Wright (who's a terrific athlete but has no instincts and was constantly a half step behind the action) as 2/3...

the safety that really started to grow on me last week was DaNorris Searcy of UNC...

and to claim "Von Miller is solely a 3-4 outside linebacker" after last week?? what the fuq were they watching??? even stevie wonder could see the guy is not a 3-4 OLB yet established himself as a top 4-3 OLB candidate...

btw- do you have a link? thanks
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 01-30-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeremy Beal...prototypical 3-4 DE...Oh Scout...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    These rankings pretty much went against what I've heard all week...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Jeremy Beal...prototypical 3-4 DE...Oh Scout...
    Seriously, these guys are the worst. Good lord.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    These rankings pretty much went against what I've heard all week...
    agreed... no way Beal is better than Kerrigan.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the link for anyone interested.

http://nyj.scout.com/2/1043099.html