Post Thanks / Like
    Wuht?

Pats drafted well? I'm sooooo confused.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Wuht?

All those defensive starters really looked like studs in the divisional round.

But seriously, it's a pretty fair analysis of the Jets draft. I'm worried Wilson is teh suck, but for the most part we were deep enough that we didn't really need to use most of our top picks. Vlad Ducasse really needs to turn into a decent player though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wuht?

I know, right?

A + says Mel, so basically the best draft in the league.....but what the hell does Mel know about the draft anyway?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait, what was the Pats' defense ranked again?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    First in the league.

Based on wins.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can you even give a grade to the Jets draft? It has to be an incomplete. We haven't seen enough. As for the Pats, their picks weren't that good, except for Hernandez and Gronkowski. Spikes was suspended for cheating, McCourty can't play man-to-man (are the Pats going to play in cover-2 for his entire career?), etc. We should put Kyle Wilson in Cover 2 instead of man-to-man in the slot. He will look like a stud too.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 01-30-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    How can you even give a grade to the Jets draft? It has to be an incomplete. We haven't seen enough. As for the Pats, their picks weren't that good, except for Hernandez and Gronkowski. Spikes was suspended for cheating, McCourty can't play man-to-man (are the Pats going to play in cover-2 for his entire career?), etc.
    He basically gave us an incomplete. That's why its a C instead of an F.

As for the Pats, McCourty, Gronkowski, and Hernandez all had good seasons.
    Mel is looking at personal performences not team performance.

However, saying that, the Pats will not be able to do what they did this year next year. Everybody in the NFL will scheme for that offense.
    '
    Plus its interesting that the Pats were 1-3 against the Ryan brothers.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wuht?

Pats had a great draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    All those defensive starters really looked like studs in the divisional round.

But seriously, it's a pretty fair analysis of the Jets draft. I'm worried Wilson is teh suck, but for the most part we were deep enough that we didn't really need to use most of our top picks. Vlad Ducasse really needs to turn into a decent player though.
    Cmon, it was not the rookies fault. they played like rookies, With Ty Warren, Wright, Brace and Pryor missing from the D-line, they could not sustain a good level. Add that group plus Bodden, and 6 top 100 picks this year and a FA or two and they will be back in the top 8 Defences.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Cmon, it was not the rookies fault. they played like rookies, With Ty Warren, Wright, Brace and Pryor missing from the D-line, they could not sustain a good level. Add that group plus Bodden, and 6 top 100 picks this year and a FA or two and they will be back in the top 8 Defences.
    Great point. And don't forget, they have TONS of room under the projected cap to really make some noise this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GronkWelkhead View Post
    First in the league.

Based on wins.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    How can you even give a grade to the Jets draft? It has to be an incomplete. We haven't seen enough. As for the Pats, their picks weren't that good, except for Hernandez and Gronkowski. Spikes was suspended for cheating, McCourty can't play man-to-man (are the Pats going to play in cover-2 for his entire career?), etc. We should put Kyle Wilson in Cover 2 instead of man-to-man in the slot. He will look like a stud too.
    Why do you think that a guy can plays press he can play off, Ask Cro.

And the pats corners play both man on and man off. And how often do you see the pats in cover two maybe 25% of the time They are usually in cover 1 or 3. When they Blitz they play cover 1, the rest of the time they usually are in a nickel playing three deep in passing situations

This is why teams can usually march down the field on the pats but don't score. it is the old bend but don't break. But your corners can play man on or off, one corner can play on and the other off.
    Last edited by patman; 01-30-2011 at 07:31 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GronkWelkhead View Post
    First in the league.

Based on wins.
    Yeah, that and Seattle won more games in the Playoffs than New England did the last 4 years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    Good one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our draft will look extremely good in a year or two.

I still like Wilson, he just needs to play. Not sure he'll ever be a star, but a really good 3rd corner if we keep Cro.

Ducasse is the guy I think will break out. He is a mauler. I think he's the long term solution at RT.

Obviously I like McKnight, he's probably my favorite player. He should get 10 carries a game next year with Greene getting 15-20.

Conner is pretty clearly the future starter (next year most likely) at FB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like Wallace says, our draft will be fine in a couple years. Wilson looked more comfortable as the year went on, I really like McKnight in the long run, and Ducasse is huge and athletic...They all just happened to be drafted by a loaded team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Like Wallace says, our draft will be fine in a couple years. Wilson looked more comfortable as the year went on, I really like McKnight in the long run, and Ducasse is huge and athletic...They all just happened to be drafted by a loaded team.
    ...and with an eye for the future, not the present. Something good teams can usually do. I just hope it works out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regarding last years draft for the Jets.

I liked the Wilson pick a lot. I even think he didn't look that bad in preseason, disappointed he didn't do more in the reg season. Still have high hopes for him.

I wasn't crazy about the Ducasse pick at the time. As others have stated I think he is a Right tackle prospect. I think he will do better there than at guard.

I like the Connor pick, still do.

I did not like the McKnight pick at all and still have my doubts. He played very very well in the Buff game though and looked like the type of player he is supposed to be.

I hated giving Seattle a 6th round pick in the Leon Washington deal. The Jets FO has to start taking those later round picks more seriously.