Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sen. Rand Paul: End All Foreign Aid

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3946884]Part of the function of our federal government is foreign policy. Foreign aid is clearly part of that policy. Certainly a key reason to vote for the President and Congress is their position on foreign policy. Saying American taxpayer dollars are still American means little since our foreign policy and foreign aid is constructed by American elected officials who represent both American taxpayers and none taxpayers.

I would guess that Foreign aid represents a pittance compared to our military operations around the globe and is probably doing more positive for American foreign policy at fractions of the cost.

[B][COLOR="Red"]Most countries including China do give foreign aid[/COLOR][/B].[/QUOTE]

It is obvious that China is doing very well because they do not give foreign aid.

It is a part of the Federal Government to direct FP. I should not have my tax dollars legislated to go to another nation, when Americans are suffering here at home.

There is nothing in the constitution that states we need to give monies to other nations. Yet we are legislated to do so by congress.

If you want to give your money to another nation you should be free to do so. On the other hand, I should be free also, NOT to give my money to another nation.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;3947292]It is obvious that China is doing very well because they do not give foreign aid.

It is a part of the Federal Government to direct FP. I should not have my tax dollars legislated to go to another nation, when Americans are suffering here at home.

There is nothing in the constitution that states we need to give monies to other nations. Yet we are legislated to do so by congress.

If you want to give your money to another nation you should be free to do so. On the other hand, I should be free also, NOT to give my money to another nation.[/QUOTE]

Vote out your congressman......

Ron Paul - Cut off all aid to the MENA

[url]http://revolutionarypolitics.tv/video/viewVideo.php?video_id=13730[/url]

100% agree

All League
    Its funny how we have seen China get brought up in this thread - China, the "Rising Power" that gives aid no NOBODY.

WHat do they give? They give Taipei a pretty hard time and forced them to live in a constant readiness while threatening the WORLD to NOT "recognize" The ROC as a nation state. A state with a democratically elected government.

China also has a hard time playing with heir neighbors like Japan and South Korea, (Never mind tibet and Mongolia). Meanwhile they pull the strigns that makes Kim jong Il act all crazy when they want him to and have the "relax switch" at ther fingertips for when they need ol Crazy Glasses to be nice and allow nations to trade...

So, while CHina is peddling influence by force, and we are still the Chinese best costumer, what do we LOSE by terminating "FOreign aid" to at least nations that are hostile, and at the least, countyries whos beliefs and practics do not neet our standard of government and values....ie, NO MORE MONEY FOR DESPOTS!

NO MORE CASH FOR "BRIBES"

NO MORE CAsH TO [I]MAINTAIN CONTROL[/I].

Its time top bring the troops and the money home. Get their equipment home. Rest and refit the Military. Analyze what has worked and what hasn;t. Meantime, wanna see a HUGE Economic boom to whole areas of the Nation with Army/Navy/Marine bases in the Vicinity? Hundreds of thousands of young men with money to spend.

Take the money we would have gave....[I]GAVE[/I] to syria as a bribe and fix all the damned bridges in this country. Use other money to fix highways. Heck, Take that money that would have gone to Egypt and start building a proper High Speed Rail throughout areas of the country that can use them.

Se can still helped out friends...Irelands run into some trouble, give them a bit of a hand, in the form of advice if possible, and cash if absolutely necessary.

As for Haiti, we need to help haiti, if ionly out of self interest. Seriously. If we don't get that place a modicum of a civilization and legit government and services/infrastructure/etc, the ENTIRE POPULATION of Haiti will be HERE in SOuth Florida over the next 5-10 years. That is NOT something this area needs or could handle.

Basically, its time to close the UN in NYC. Time to pull back to our walls and see whats going to happen without OUR interference.

ANd in the case that WE are ATTACKED AGAIN, we answer any and all attacks, regardless if it happens from a nation state or small group with the FULL MIGHT, POWER, AND FURY THE AMERICAN NATION has the capacity to unleash.

Time to tell the world the that they are all now CUT OFF. ANd the World Policeman is resigning. Its time for YOU to get your Houses in order.
    Last edited by Jet_Engine1; 02-03-2011 at 01:40 AM.

All League
    We give so little a % of our GDP in AID, that this would not make enough of a difference.

Cut military spending.

Raise Social Security age to 70.

All League
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;3948986]We give so little a % of our GDP in AID, that this would not make enough of a difference.

Cut military spending.

Raise Social Security age to 70.[/QUOTE]

Make the Military more efficient, not just "cut spending". Bring home the guys in Germany, Italy, Korea, Japan, Okinawa, Turkey, Iraq, Afganistan etc. Maintain presence through cooperative excercises and Naval presence.

Raising the age of SOcial Security to 70 is a great idea.

Cut foreign Aid, not just for the $$$, but for the announcement that we are no longer "GloboCop". Yeah, its a small amount in the big pictire, but BILLIONS of Dollars is plenty to make a difference in things like infrastructure.

Drastic cuts to "entitlement" programs such as SS and Medicare/Medicaid MUST be made. Period. Anyone receiving fed aid gets drug tested MONTHLY. Test positive once, you get put on "Aid Probation". Twice? Bye Bye aid.

I'm tired of walking into Section 8 Housing and having the resident (single) mother of 3 tell me "She don't got no money for baby food and Tylenol" when the stink of weed is redolent, packs of Salems or Kools are lying around, and the fridge has a 12 pack in it....and McDonalds wrappers are everywhere....and yes, that is the reality of life in the "hood" for a great many of its inhabitants.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3946744]My favorite doctrine :D

How do we keep the world safe from the Red Menace? By making sure that if the sh*t hits the fan, no one gets out alive. Our grandparents weren't that bright. How so?

1960's Atomic Bomb Drill (in school): Ok kids...the Soviets just dropped a bomb. Everyone hide under their desks! :rolleyes:

I jest, I jest...

Different world back then. Russians were scary. Red Dawn and stuff...[/QUOTE]

And yet, it worked, as long as you were dealing with 2 sides that DIDN'T want to die. (also: hence the "better dead than Red" slogan)

So you don't like the drills? Would it have been better to tell everyone to just stick their heads between their legs and kiss their asses goodbye? More honest, but tons scarier.

The nation building program needs to close for good. It does not work