Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Omnibus Draft Thread (fka Brooks Reed to Jets)

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    ya mean super bowl winner Howard Green?

wasn't green was the guy who hit Caleb Hanie when BJ Raji pick 6'ed him in the NFC CG
    dude....i had to make an account just to ask you this

you don't seem like a dumb guy.........

but haven't you learned your lesson by now???? CBNY has had your # for years now.

his track record>>>>>yours

not trying to be a dick but i'm starting to feel embarrassed for you whenever he calls you out

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post

here's a newsflash- Pouha is 32 YO and has been a good player- not an All Pro like tony g....here's more that you don't know about because you've not read it yet- right now Taylor is the Jets guy....could change in the next two weeks but if the draft were held today and he's available @30 that's the way they are going...

not a huge Taylor fan myself but the fact is the guy has top ten ability- whether he'll play to that level every week is another story altogether...
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/ne...eply&p=4001689

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Randall Cobb's not happening at 30.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brooks Reed to the Jets

link or it didn't happen

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is awesome.

I feel like I did 3 lines of cocaine after reading it

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphy View Post
    dude....i had to make an account just to ask you this

you don't seem like a dumb guy.........

but haven't you learned your lesson by now???? CBNY has had your # for years now.

his track record>>>>>yours

not trying to be a dick but i'm starting to feel embarrassed for you whenever he calls you out
    I look forward to your future posts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Was this serious? Howard Green is a JAG who got signed when pretty much everyone on their DL besides Raji went down. He's not the future of the Packers DL, nor was he a key to their magical little run last year. More of a right place right time guy...

Phil Taylor to the Jets is fixing something that ain't broke. with the exception of 1 half in pittsburgh the run defense is elite. And I put that on the backers more than linemen. Teams like the Chiefs yes they need Phil Taylor. The Jets do not need this player. they need a pass rushing OLB or a 5tech or a CB or a RT or a WR more than Phil Taylor.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phil Taylor to the Jets is fixing something that ain't broke. with the exception of 1 half in pittsburgh the run defense is elite. And I put that on the backers more than linemen. Teams like the Chiefs yes they need Phil Taylor. The Jets do not need this player. they need a pass rushing OLB or a 5tech or a CB or a RT or a WR more than Phil Taylor.
    Unless we add a guy soon, our NT situation will be broken. Actually, it's more like it will be shattered into a hundred freakin' pieces.

Pouha is 32 years old and has never been a dominant player in the first place. What the hell are we supposed to do, wait until the guy is 38 years old or has fallen off completely before we address the NT position?

Screw that plan.

You even said earlier that you don't draft NT's in the 1st round. Are you f*cking kidding me? Go ask New England, Pittsburgh, or Green Bay if they have any regrets drafting Wilfork, Hampton, and Raji in Round 1.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    This thread is awesome.

I feel like I did 3 lines of cocaine after reading it
    LOL! It's this years "Bongopalooza" thread.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    there's chatter on the NFL jets board about news leaking about Jarvis Jenkins to the Jets at 30. Can anyone confirm this??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Unless we add a guy soon, our NT situation will be broken. Actually, it's more like it will be shattered into a hundred freakin' pieces.

Pouha is 32 years old and has never been a dominant player in the first place. What the hell are we supposed to do, wait until the guy is 38 years old or has fallen off completely before we address the NT position?

Screw that plan.

You even said earlier that you don't draft NT's in the 1st round. Are you f*cking kidding me? Go ask New England, Pittsburgh, or Green Bay if they have any regrets drafting Wilfork, Hampton, and Raji in Round 1.
    i guess this begs the question, can taylor be close to what these guys are? if not, the jets may be better off taking a NT in the 3rd or 4th round who are decent run stuffers, and using the first round pick for a pass rusher.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Screw that plan.

Stop making sense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan can take MTV and turn him into a very good NT. he's done it before he will do it again. Rex makes run stuffers out of thin air. And often, they appear out of thin air... like Antonio Garay, Howard Green and many many others. It's a non-premium position in draft terms.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan can take MTV and turn him into a very good NT. he's done it before he will do it again. Rex makes run stuffers out of thin air. And often, they appear out of thin air... like Antonio Garay, Howard Green and many many others. It's a non-premium position in draft terms.
    ngata?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taylor to the Jets is proactive. It's not every year that you get a chance to draft a 6-4 340 guy who can move like this guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    We can get a nose later...although you can't count on Jenkins, he'll be there for us. There are plenty of nose tackles we can look at later...nevermind the fact we have MTV that we seem to be fairly high on

If 4 or 5 QB's go early, we'll have a nice option at 30

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems to me like Phil Taylor is the guy.

Why are people saying it's a replacement for Pouha? Last year, Pouha was our starting DE on opening night before Jenkins got injured.

Assuming we do not resign Ellis, I would love to see this staring DL:

Pouha - Taylor - Devito

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    It seems to me like Phil Taylor is the guy.

Why are people saying it's a replacement for Pouha? Last year, Pouha was our starting DE on opening night before Jenkins got injured.

Assuming we do not resign Ellis, I would love to see this staring DL:

Pouha - Taylor - Devito
    there's the beef!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

Again, what in the hell makes you so sure that Teveseu will be a good player? And please don't give me the usual line of Rex getting the most out of guys like Pouha, Devito, and Kelly Gregg. Just tell me what you like so much about Martin Teveseu the player and what you've seen from him on the field that warrants this lofty praise you've been giving him.

It baffles me how you think a guy like MTV is such a sure thing and then sh*t on a legit prospect like Phil Taylor.

I can't believe you just mentioned Howard Green in the same sentence as Antonio Garay either.

3-4 NT isn't a premium position? LOL, okay.