Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Omnibus Draft Thread (fka Brooks Reed to Jets)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Well, not that it matters but Suggs seems definitely bigger than this. He looks bigger than both Pace and BT out on the field, has very long arms and is just big. Anyways, I think we can agree that there isnt one type of OLB who should be preferred. The only thing we need is a true pass rusher...
    Yeah enough of yhe statues we need guys who can arrive at the qb with bad intentions and big hits

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I think BT has to go. JT will be gone... the Jets will need at least 2 OLBs. I would like to see them spend some cash on an established OLB and draft BPA early maybe take an OLB project later.
    Thomas is overrated and overpaid. Taylor I'd be surprised if he came back. Gholston we gave up on a long time ago. Westerman looks like a JAG in the making. We really have only one good OLB on the roster with Pace so yes this is a major area of need.

The mocks have Reed going in the 2nd or 3rd round. Maybe we just wait trade up for him into rd 2.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    Thomas is overrated and overpaid. Taylor I'd be surprised if he came back. Gholston we gave up on a long time ago. Westerman looks like a JAG in the making. We really have only one good OLB on the roster with Pace so yes this is a major area of need.

The mocks have Reed going in the 2nd or 3rd round. Maybe we just wait trade up for him into rd 2.
    lol....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    lol....
    Forget to take your medications today?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    Forget to take your medications today?
    just needed a good laugh and as usual your posts provide them....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Yeah enough of yhe statues we need guys who can arrive at the qb with bad intentions and big hits
    Reed certainly provides this....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Well, not that it matters but Suggs seems definitely bigger than this. He looks bigger than both Pace and BT out on the field, has very long arms and is just big. Anyways, I think we can agree that there isnt one type of OLB who should be preferred. The only thing we need is a true pass rusher...

Pace is bigger though, he's a king sized OLB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    just needed a good laugh and as usual your posts provide them....
    So in your opinion, Reed is a 1st round lock?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    So in your opinion, Reed is a 1st round lock?
    no...really need to see what he runs at the combine- if he runs in the high 4.7's he's going to drop as people will question his OLB potential...

even if he runs fast i still see him as a very early 2nd round guy primarily because of the depth and quality at the d-line position...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    no...really need to see what he runs at the combine- if he runs in the high 4.7's he's going to drop as people will question his OLB potential...

even if he runs fast i still see him as a very early 2nd round guy primarily because of the depth and quality at the d-line position...

So....what was so funny about what the mock says?

You just said he was a 2nd rounder.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flashlight1 View Post

So....what was so funny about what the mock says?
    anyone who puts any credibility in a mock draft almost three full months before the event takes place, or looks to it as some sort of guidance, is a fool...

i said he was a second rounder based on his ability, pending workouts and the situation in round one- not based on a mock draft....

further- how exactly would the Jets trade up in round two to grab Reed, as suggested?
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 02-08-2011 at 02:57 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe we could trade down a few spots and draft either Taylor or Reed. Both are positions of need for us. No guarantee Jenkins will ever even come back much less last a whole season. Teveaseu is a guy they like but that's all we have behind Pouha unless you want to include DeVito who can do a decent job at the nose, but ideally is more of a 5 tech. One way or another we need to come away with a NT in this draft, hopefully one that can be versatile enough to play end.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Maybe we could trade down a few spots and draft either Taylor or Reed. Both are positions of need for us. No guarantee Jenkins will ever even come back much less last a whole season. Teveaseu is a guy they like but that's all we have behind Pouha unless you want to include DeVito who can do a decent job at the nose, but ideally is more of a 5 tech. One way or another we need to come away with a NT in this draft, hopefully one that can be versatile enough to play end.
    or mohammed wilkerson....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen him climbing a couple boards...GBN had him in the top 5 DTs in the class...good to see that many are noticing that these Temple guys can play...he's got a really projectable frame to throw some NFL weight on too...he's ready to be secretly (or just quietly) juiced up by an NFL strength and conditioning program.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    I've seen him climbing a couple boards...GBN had him in the top 5 DTs in the class...good to see that many are noticing that these Temple guys can play...he's got a really projectable frame to throw some NFL weight on too...he's ready to be secretly (or just quietly) juiced up by an NFL strength and conditioning program.
    Would he be projected as more of a NT or a 5 Technique in our defense? From his measurables alone, it seems like he could be effective in either role - which is definitely a positive. Versatility is nice.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Would he be projected as more of a NT or a 5 Technique in our defense? From his measurables alone, it seems like he could be effective in either role - which is definitely a positive. Versatility is nice.
    I think his frame screams 3-4 defensive end but he also has the body to really bulk up in an NFL strength program. I could see him turning into a regular DE who slides inside on passing downs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

draft value

if Brooks Reed can embarrass Derek Sherrod in practice (a likely first rounder), and also embarrass Nate Solder in the game (another likely first rounder, possible top 15 pick), then why can't he be a first rounder too?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    if Brooks Reed can embarrass Derek Sherrod in practice (a likely first rounder), and also embarrass Nate Solder in the game (another likely first rounder, possible top 15 pick), then why can't he be a first rounder too?
    SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    DE...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt Reed will do anything at the combine to make his stock rise very much. He's not going to run below a 4.7, if he even breaks 4.8.