Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: The Omnibus Draft Thread (fka Brooks Reed to Jets)

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Don't reach? Who the **** cares? The only thing that matters is whether the player is a good player.
    True we need quality players, but I think the point he also had in mind is our lack of a pick in the 2nd round, we have no fallback option so the risk factor is conceivably higher if we miss in the first. Just keep cool Tanny. My 2cents worth

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    Akeem Ayers, though Rex is fighting for Brooks Reed/Jimmy Smith...Reed could go to Baltimore...
    as could jimmy smith...

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    as could jimmy smith...
    Thanks CBNY, I would prefer Ayers at 30 for the Jets

All League
    not an ayers fan

Bowers, Heyward, or Wilkerson PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE

Bowers and Wilkerson no thanks...

Give me Ayers.

Heyward is my first choice, but I very much like Ayers.

jets got what they wanted pick of the litter

can't complain with this sitch

there's no way to go ayers over heyward.

from cbny's mouth -- heyward is the #1 guy they wanted even in the idealest of senses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets2010Champions View Post
    link or it didn't happen
    told you guys

All you guys will see Brooks on August 15th. Sanchez has already bumped into him. For the rest of you have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by Tucsonpaint View Post
    All you guys will see Brooks on August 15th. Sanchez has already bumped into him. For the rest of you have a great day!
    lol

Texans had a great draft. They could have a nasty pass rush next year: Mario Williams, Watt, Reed and Cushing... YIKES!

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Texans had a great draft. They could have a nasty pass rush next year: Mario Williams, Watt, Reed and Cushing... YIKES!
    That D looks beastly, they should have a mad passrush

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    That D looks beastly, they should have a mad passrush
    Wade Phillips sucks as a HC but he is a heck of a DC...Houston should supplant Indy as AFC South Cahmps.

Houston can be scary!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    People forget they took Barwin last year too (to be a pass rusher) and he was coming on really strong too before getting hurt.

Honestly, i hate the texans. I hate Texas (sports). But their roster is pretty damn sexy right now. If they don't take the division, it's because of coaching.
    Last edited by Paradis; 05-07-2011 at 11:15 AM.

The Texans secondary will still blow and they don't have NT for their scheme, their ILBs probably aren't great fits for their scheme and are on the smaller/fast side. And is that CB they drafted Brandon Harris really 27 years old already??? Heard hes nothing special anyways.

^^ Hmmm...no.

Harris isn't 27.

Ryans is a prototypical 3-4 ILB. Cushing could be scary here too, but they might have him go OLB.

Their secondary...yeah I guess it still sucks, though Harris/Jackson are two talented young CBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    ^^ Hmmm...no.

Harris isn't 27.

Ryans is a prototypical 3-4 ILB. Cushing could be scary here too, but they might have him go OLB.

Their secondary...yeah I guess it still sucks, though Harris/Jackson are two talented young CBs.
    I thought it was wrong, they had his age as 27 on ESPN and I couldn't find what his age really is.

I was figuring Cushing was going to play OLB, but I wasn't thinking about Brooks Reed, so i guess Cushing will be starting at ILB. I think he would be fine in a 3-4. Ryans has always been a sideline to sideline guy, now we'll see how he does with blockers getting into his face more with 3 man fronts and no beast NT. I am guessing Okoye will be their starting NT.

Their DEs will be fine with JJ Watt and Antonio Smith.

All Pro
    If Jackson can play up to even 3/4 of this heralded talent coming out of college - their secondary will be fine. Harris is no slouch.