Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First one to fly the coop

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3949886]:eek:

...such a better answer lol[/QUOTE]

I have such inner conflict, you have no idea.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Stokesy.. ya did good. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3949633]So, moving my older daughter up to Boston tomorrow. :(

When I say my oldest daughter, I mean my baby--the one, the sweetest, funny, always laughing, the glue that holds the family together. Whether she realizes it or not, the de facto Mom, even though she was in college these past 4 years.

Very strange feeling--so happy for her, she's growing up, moving forward with her life but never again to live under my roof. No texts in the afternoon "What are we having for dinner tonite", no going out to get her coffee on a saturday morning, no running errands together, none of the silly things we took for granted (well, I took for granted).

Oh, and a bigger Jet fan than about 95% of the posers on the Pfail Strip.

So weird, you've lived with this person every day for 22 years (save college), always dependant on each other, and now...she's gone.

I made a point of calling her every single day that she was away at college--missed ONE day her sophmore year and it still bums me out. And I'll still call her everyday, but she's not coming home again. This isn't college, this is life, this is forever.

Well, she'll come home again, but it will be as a visitor, and those visits I'll cherish, but it will always be different.

My parents and in-laws were spoiled--all their kids moved back to the NY metro area and they've enjoyed the company of their kids and grandkids for the past 25 years. Never dawned on me that all my kids wouldn't move back to this area--but I can't blame them. Hell, I don't even want to live here :D

Geebus, I'll get no comfort from you dooshnozzles but since I don't have her Mom to share this melancholy feeling with, figured you guys were good for a "Cool Story Bro" demotivational poster and a few p*ssy references.

But wait till your first one leaves and you realize that meal you just had was the last meal you will have together while all living under one roof and it'll hit even the hardest of you.

Hey, Boston is only 3+ hours away and I'll love going to visit her and I can't wait for her trips back home. And she said come hell or high water she's going to Jets opening day with me next September.

But still, damn.

_[/QUOTE]

WOW. Yeah..Been through that. Very strange feeling. You have brought many mixed emotions to me today. Good Luck!

PLEASE tell her we will ex-communicate her if she starts to date a PATS fan. NO PATS fans inthe JET family!;)

My youngest moved to DC after college and got a great job and is doing well but makes you feel old. It is a really great excuse to go to Boston for a weekend. I 've been to DC 2x in the last 7 months.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    She'll be back home, with her new live in boy friend 'Donny', who is a huge pats fan.....who wears nothing but Brady jerseys and Belichick hoods.....who is waiting for the 'right' job opportunity...who likes McRibs and cheap beer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3949923]
    PLEASE tell her we will ex-communicate her if she starts to date a PATS fan. NO PATS fans inthe JET family!;)

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Beerfish;3949929]She'll be back home, with her new live in boy friend 'Donny', who is a huge pats fan.....who wears nothing but Brady jerseys and Belichick hoods.....[/QUOTE]

He said she's a diehard Jets fan. No way she ends up with a Pats fan. :nono:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;3949931]He said she's a diehard Jets fan. No way she ends up with a Pats fan. :nono:[/QUOTE]

Just adding to the 'horror' of my post.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

When I say my oldest daughter, I mean my baby--the one, the sweetest, funny, always laughing, the glue that holds the family together. Whether she realizes it or not, the de facto Mom, even though she was in college these past 4 years.

Very strange feeling--so happy for her, she's growing up, moving forward with her life but never again to live under my roof. No texts in the afternoon "What are we having for dinner tonite", no going out to get her coffee on a saturday morning, no running errands together, none of the silly things we took for granted (well, I took for granted).

So weird, you've lived with this person every day for 22 years (save college), always dependant on each other, and now...she's gone.

I made a point of calling her every single day that she was away at college--missed ONE day her sophmore year and it still bums me out. And I'll still call her everyday, but she's not coming home again. This isn't college, this is life, this is forever.

Well, she'll come home again, but it will be as a visitor, and those visits I'll cherish, but it will always be different.

My parents and in-laws were spoiled--all their kids moved back to the NY metro area and they've enjoyed the company of their kids and grandkids for the past 25 years. Never dawned on me that all my kids wouldn't move back to this area--but I can't blame them. Hell, I don't even want to live here :D

Geebus, I'll get no comfort from you dooshnozzles but since I don't have her Mom to share this melancholy feeling with, figured you guys were good for a "Cool Story Bro" demotivational poster and a few p*ssy references.

But wait till your first one leaves and you realize that meal you just had was the last meal you will have together while all living under one roof and it'll hit even the hardest of you.

Hey, Boston is only 3+ hours away and I'll love going to visit her and I can't wait for her trips back home. And she said come hell or high water she's going to Jets opening day with me next September.

But still, damn.

_[/QUOTE]

I have a 3 yr old girl and dread the day she "moves out"..... Give you a good reason to go see Yankees/Sox and Jets/Pats. Also I think the Giants play the Pats in NE next year...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3949929]She'll be back home, with her new live in boy friend 'Donny', who is a huge pats fan.....who wears nothing but Brady jerseys and Belichick hoods.....who is waiting for the 'right' job opportunity...who likes McRibs and cheap beer.[/QUOTE]

That's just wrong...........

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jman - Good luck. I am a few years behind you, Mine is now a college frosh. I am dredding that day when "her room" becomes "a room" and we lose the historical and daily connection we now have. She watched Beauty and the beast the other day and called me crying. We used to watch the wrechted pos and then dance to that song while the credits played. I hung around for the dance. I really think it hit her where she is in life right now. Her "growing up" moment if you will. Sometimes I hate being a Dad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3949929]She'll be back home, with her new live in boy friend 'Donny', who is a huge pats fan.....who wears nothing but Brady jerseys and Belichick hoods.....who is waiting for the 'right' job opportunity...[B]who likes McRibs and cheap beer[/B].[/QUOTE]

Now that is just over the top

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

But still, damn.

_[/QUOTE]

This is good stuff JStokes. I have a girl (2) and a boy (5). They're growing up so fast, I can already see it. But it's the circle of life, man. We all move on eventually, but it sounds like you took advantage of the last 22 years and raised her right so the future will be great for you both, just different.

Look at it this way, my father once told me the only thing sadder than having a child move out is having them decide to stay forever. lol :D :P

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My older son, almost 21, and my 18 year old daughter are both away at school and I miss them incredibly. I talk to my daughter every day, almost more now than when she was here actually. Got a text from her this morning thanking us for being the best parents ever and that made my day. She's always upbeat, optimistic and positive. She is always the bright light in any room. Sounds a lot like your girl Stokes. You done good. I do feel both your sadness and your joy. You have a lot to be proud of! But it does hurt without them around.

[IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f61/greenhanzo/dianagrad-1-2.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Dcat; 02-04-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Peebag;3949646]Thread is useless w/o pics.....:P[/QUOTE]

This is me and my daughter December 14, 2003 at the infamous Snow Game where Curtis Martin ran wild in a blizzard and we beat the Steelers 6-0. We were a couple of the 100 or so fans that showed up for the game :D She looked at me that day and said "I'll never forget this game".

No worries, she is a true Jet fan and she now uses my line that "she would rather root for the Iraqi Republican Guard than the Pats".

Thanks for the kind thoughts and I know it's time for her to go. But the knowing doesn't make it easier.

Hey, heading back up there in 3 weeks to go to Regina's--the "Best Pizza in the USA outside of NYC, Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island and a bunch of places in Jersey" :D

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/025-1.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3950934]This is me and my daughter December 14, 2003 at the infamous Snow Game where Curtis Martin ran wild in a blizzard and we beat the Steelers 6-0. We were a couple of the 100 or so fans that showed up for the game :D She looked at me that day and said "I'll never forget this game".

No worries, she is a true Jet fan and she now uses my line that "she would rather root for the Iraqi Republican Guard than the Pats".

Thanks for the kind thoughts and I know it's time for her to go. But the knowing doesn't make it easier.

Hey, heading back up there in 3 weeks to go to Regina's--the "Best Pizza in the USA outside of NYC, Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island and a bunch of places in Jersey" :D

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/025-1.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Great pic! Not many can say they have one like it.:D

Feel your pain. Cant even imagine the day my little girl leaves.

:(

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3950934]This is me and my daughter December 14, 2003 at the infamous Snow Game where Curtis Martin ran wild in a blizzard and we beat the Steelers 6-0. We were a couple of the 100 or so fans that showed up for the game :D She looked at me that day and said "I'll never forget this game".

[/QUOTE]

Awesome pic.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/025-1.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

My daughter is 14 this month, she always makes me smile when I think of her and I really cherish the time we spend together. I can understand how you feel but have never been away from her for more than a couple days at the most, and reading your opening post brings tears to my eyes even as I type this. Be proud, and think of the times you shared like in the pic, by the way great picture.:D

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like

Great shot!
    Last edited by Apache 51; 02-05-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, heading up to Boston for the weekend with the GF to see my daughptne for the first time since she moved up there--to beg her to PLEASE come back home :D

I kid, she's doing great, having fun but I really do miss her. Going to check out first hand how she's doing, take her to some good food in the North End, make sure she's not being brainwashed into losing some of her abject hate for the Pats.

Giving Regina's another shot too, still don't think it's better than any pizza in Brooklyn or NYC.

Am stopping in Newton at DePasquale's for some Chinese Sausage, chowds got that one right. :yes:

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3967218]So, heading up to Boston for the weekend with the GF to see my daughptne for the first time since she moved up there--to beg her to PLEASE come back home :D

I kid, she's doing great, having fun but I really do miss her. Going to check out first hand how she's doing, take her to some good food in the North End, make sure she's not being brainwashed into losing some of her abject hate for the Pats.

Giving Regina's another shot too, still don't think it's better than any pizza in Brooklyn or NYC.

Am stopping in Newton at DePasquale's for some Chinese Sausage, chowds got that one right. :yes:

_[/QUOTE]

Careful of the chowds. Have fun

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do these same sentiments apply for the father-son relationship? Seems like this is all "boo-hoo, I miss my baby girl". Any of you out there have grown sons, and whats it like when they leave the house? Prolly more like "'bout fvckin time!"