Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First one to fly the coop

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bad is having your daughter and future son-in-law living in your basement. Marriage can't come quick enough! Oy Vey!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;3967245]Bad is having your daughter and future son-in-law living in your basement. Marriage can't come quick enough! Oy Vey![/QUOTE]

That's awkward.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;3967245]Bad is having your daughter and future son-in-law living in your basement. Marriage can't come quick enough! Oy Vey![/QUOTE]

I'd rather live in a closet than live with my in laws.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3967218]

Giving Regina's another shot too, still don't think it's better than any pizza in Brooklyn or NYC.
    _[/QUOTE]

Santarpios is better

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3950934]This is me and my daughter December 14, 2003 at the infamous Snow Game where Curtis Martin ran wild in a blizzard and we beat the Steelers 6-0. We were a couple of the 100 or so fans that showed up for the game :D She looked at me that day and said "I'll never forget this game".

No worries, she is a true Jet fan and she now uses my line that "she would rather root for the Iraqi Republican Guard than the Pats".

Thanks for the kind thoughts and I know it's time for her to go. But the knowing doesn't make it easier.

Hey, heading back up there in 3 weeks to go to Regina's--the "Best Pizza in the USA outside of NYC, Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island and a bunch of places in Jersey" :D

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/025-1.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Are you standing on a milk crate? :P

Seriously though I miss my kids and I just put them to bad last night...I dont get to see them in the morning as the old man gets up at 4am.

I cant image what I'll be like down the road...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3967218]So, heading up to Boston for the weekend with the GF to see my [B]daughptne [/B]for the first time since she moved up there--to beg her to PLEASE come back home :D

[/QUOTE]

LOL. North End and Newton are two of my haunts. I'll keep an eye out for you. Don't be alarmed if a Robert Sean Leonard-looking MFer in a Patriots hat comes up to you out of the blue to say hi -- that's just me. :D

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boy, I teared up reading that. Not only was she your baby, but she filled a void. When my son moved out (to a part of SF that I first lived in), I would moved to tears as I drove to his house to visit him.

Now he's moved back home.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on the exact opposite end of this. 22, about to graduate college. My dad calls every other day I'd say, and during this last winter break was very nostalgic. One night he even stayed up until 4 am with me, exhausted as all hell, and wouldn't go to bed because he doesn't "know when we'll be able to do this again".

I've been in New York my entire life. Albany until college, now here in miserable Ithaca. I've taken a job in Texas, which is absurd and crazy and really far away.

I know things will change, and it's probably going to be at least a year until I'm able to come back to New York, but such is life.

My advice? Call her when things she cares about happens, say after every Jets game. As much as it was child abuse for him to make me a Jet fan, it's something we can always talk about.

Also, and hopefully your daughter is more prepared for the real world than I am, but I always joke with my dad that once I get to Texas and actually have to start cooking for myself and the like, I'll call him twice a day just to ask how long to microwave something.

Well that was a sobering way to end a hangover... guess it's day drinking time...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AFCEastFan;3967307]LOL. North End and Newton are two of my haunts. I'll keep an eye out for you. Don't be alarmed if a Robert Sean Leonard-looking MFer in a Patriots hat [B]comes up to you out of the blue to say hi [/B]-- that's just me. :D[/QUOTE]

People do that to me often.

It usually doesn't end well for them.

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Noto18gameseason;3967295]Santarpios is better[/QUOTE]

Nah, stick with Reginas, but it's gotta be the original in the North End. But you are right about it not matching up to what you can get in Brooklyn.

Careful of the North End, there are more bad places than good these days. For good red gravy Italian-American there's L'Osteria
    [url]http://www.losteria.com/[/url]

For authentic Italian rustic fare try: Mamma Maria [url]http://www.mammamaria.com/[/url]

If you're up for doing research, try here:

[url]http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/448599[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3967334]People do that to me often.

It usually doesn't end well for them.

_[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the warning. I'll be sure to stay at least 2 inches away from you at all times to ensure that you will not be able to hit me. :rimshot:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Noto18gameseason;3967295]Santarpios is better[/QUOTE]

Too far to walk, staying at the Intercontinental.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AFCEastFan;3967346]Thanks for the warning. I'll be sure to stay at least 2 inches away from you at all times to ensure that you will not be able to hit me. :rimshot:[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'll hit you.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3967360]Oh, I'll hit you.

_[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Iw2uT43D-s&feature=related[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;3967297]Seriously though I miss my kids and I just put them to bad last night...I cant image what I'll be like down the road...[/QUOTE]

My wife dragged me along an an Antiques hunting expedition earlier this week.
    :(

However, in one of the places they had this Baroque music box that played those large copper discs. My 4 year old daughter took one look at it and stood transfixed.

THe chick who owns the store sees this, comes over and puts on a disc.

A smile just spread over my little ones face, and she just looks up to me, with tears welling in her eyes and says "Lets dance daddy" and we start to slow dance in the middle of the store.:eek:

She is dreamlike, beaming.. and then says "I am a Princess and you are my Prince" as she is looking up at me.

:eek:

I was thinking all at once that I would never forget that moment... and that I will be devastated when she eventually goes...

Of course after a discreet inquiry I learn the friggin music box is $12,000.

:mad:

Luckily, they had a CD of its music, so I'll surprise her when we get home from vacation and put it on when I put her to bed.

So, I feel Stokes pain, and I'm years from having to deal with it. Makes me appreciate the little things now.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3967558]

Makes me appreciate the little things now.

-[/QUOTE]

Bastard.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3968755]Bastard.

_[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3950330]My older son, almost 21, and my 18 year old daughter are both away at school and I miss them incredibly. I talk to my daughter every day, almost more now than when she was here actually. Got a text from her this morning thanking us for being the best parents ever and that made my day. She's always upbeat, optimistic and positive. She is always the bright light in any room. Sounds a lot like your girl Stokes. You done good. I do feel both your sadness and your joy. You have a lot to be proud of! But it does hurt without them around.

[IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f61/greenhanzo/dianagrad-1-2.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I think I have definitely seen you at the Modell's in Newton, before. :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3967218]So, heading up to Boston for the weekend with the GF to see my daughptne for the first time since she moved up there--to beg her to PLEASE come back home :D

I kid, she's doing great, having fun but I really do miss her. Going to check out first hand how she's doing, take her to some good food in the North End, make sure she's not being brainwashed into losing some of her abject hate for the Pats.

Giving Regina's another shot too, still don't think it's better than any pizza in Brooklyn or NYC.

Am stopping in Newton at DePasquale's for some Chinese Sausage, chowds got that one right. :yes:

_[/QUOTE]

What kind of work did she find up in Boston?

Congrats to her and congrats to you for raising someone who is capable of moving out on her own and succeeding. Or as Charlie Sheen would say ... Keep Winning!