Thread: Corey Liuget DT - Illinois

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Corey Liuget DT - Illinois

I've just seen 3 or 4 mock drafts that have this guy going to the Jets. Love to hear people's opinions on what type of player he is. He seems to be 6'2.5 300 lbs - Is he a guy that can play the 5 technique in the Jets defense?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Overrated and I kinda shrink back at the idea that he's even a possibility for us in the first.

Illinois is a good place to find very good athletes...not a good place to find first round talent. He's not a bad player or anything...but he's a Dwan Edwards in a draft with possibly Seymours/Warrens (exaggerated but f off)...maybe if he shows up at combine and runs like a 4.7 outta nowhere.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    not a fan of 6'2 or maybe shorter 5 techniques

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    he seems like more of a fit in 4-3 schemes

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    agreed.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    That's what I thought of solely on his measurables, but haven't seen enough of him to really make that conclusion.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    i'd like anyone who put this guy in a first round mock to date to explain exactly what the reason is...he's a nice one-gap penetrator...

he's marginal compared to say a Mike Patterson when he came out of USC....he's be a stretch to be a top 45 guy in an ordinary year and this is far from it on the d-line....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    i'd like anyone who put this guy in a first round mock to date to explain exactly what the reason is...he's a nice one-gap penetrator...

he's marginal compared to say a Mike Patterson when he came out of USC....he's be a stretch to be a top 45 guy in an ordinary year and this is far from it on the d-line....
    Ugh thank you, so many mocks have him going to us at 30. I think I might vomit if that was our actual pick. I'd go with Reed/Taylor/trade down before considering this guy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have only seen a couple of Illinois games and some stupid youtube highlights (I was looking at Wilson) and Liuget never really stood out, unlike the top DE prospects who absolutely dominate at times.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I have only seen a couple of Illinois games and some stupid youtube highlights (I was looking at Wilson) and Liuget never really stood out, unlike the top DE prospects who absolutely dominate at times.
    Yeah he doesn't sound like guy who fits our needs in the 1st