Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Obamacare's individual "mandate"

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=majormajor42;3955609]Start of a good debate here before the thread went off into the usual directions.

[/QUOTE]

well, I gave it a shot. learned my lesson.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=majormajor42;3955609]Start of a good debate here before the thread went off into the usual directions.

So, how true is this? how similar is Obamacare to the 1993 Republican alternative to Hillarycare?[/QUOTE]

In terms of a mandate, here's the Republican lead proposal in 1993:

[QUOTE]Subtitle F: Universal Coverage - Requires each citizen or lawful permanent resident to be covered under a qualified health plan or equivalent health care program by January 1, 2005. Provides an exception for any individual who is opposed for religious reasons to health plan coverage, including those who rely on healing using spiritual means through prayer alone.[/QUOTE]

Basically, an identical mandate compared to Obamacare.

You can find a more detailed breakdown and comparison of the health plans here:

[URL="http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Graphics/2010/022310-Bill-comparison.aspx"]http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Graphics/2010/022310-Bill-comparison.aspx[/URL]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3955564]Out of curiosity, what have Democrats "fixed" exactly?

Pretty much all the things Democrats passed laws to fix still exist. From FD to LBJ to BHO, it's generally the same story "we'll pass this, give the Government more power, so as to fix povery, education, healthcare, etc"

The problem doesn't get fixed.

The Democrats blame everything but their own policies.

Then the Democrats say "now we'll pass THIS, give the Government more power, so as to fix povery, education, healthcare, etc".

Thats not fixing the problem. Thats growing the Government.

There is a meaningful difference. The best action is sometimes inaction (by Govt.)[/QUOTE]

Well....I was still right about the yelling "NO!" and flag masturbation thing :D:P

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;3955636]Words[/QUOTE]

Forgive me, had an entire reply written out (links and all), and hit the wrong key and lost the whole damn thing.

Epic Fail.

Too tired to go write/research it all again tbh.

And really, probably not much point, is there?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3955732]Well....I was still right about the yelling "NO!" and flag masturbation thing :D:P[/QUOTE]

No worries, just trust the Govt. They'll fix it. All we need is more Govt. with more power.

Freedom and responsabillity, clearly overrated in our Utopian Society of the future, the GReater Good (as defined by those in power) is all that counts.

All League
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3955736]Forgive me, had an entire reply written out (links and all), and hit the wrong key and lost the whole damn thing.

Epic Fail.

Too tired to go write/research it all again tbh.

And really, probably not much point, is there?[/QUOTE]

"... lunch date. So I must go."

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLsDvGlIDh0[/url]

Health Care will dry up with the funds being stripped away a little at a time.