Thread: Late Round WRs

All Pro

Late Round WRs

Kris Durham (6'5" 215) of Georgia reminds me of Malcolm Floyd, aside from the white/black thing. He was overshadowed by the best WR in the country, but he can play. Good long speed, great ball skills, jumps well, pure hands catcher, tough. Isn't very shifty, but not many guys 6'5"+ are.

Who else is out there to consider in the 6th/7th?

All Pro
    He might go a little earlier but I really like Denarius Moore out of Tennessee.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Kris Durham (6'5" 215) of Georgia reminds me of Malcolm Floyd, aside from the white/black thing. He was overshadowed by the best WR in the country, but he can play. Good long speed, great ball skills, jumps well, pure hands catcher, tough. Isn't very shifty, but not many guys 6'5"+ are.

Who else is out there to consider in the 6th/7th?
    terrific player but no speed; short, long or otherwise- legit #4 WR...also think he'll measure a lot smaller..

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    terrific player but no speed; short, long or otherwise- legit #4 WR...also think he'll measure a lot smaller..
    Patrick Turner like?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Patrick Turner like?
    quicker than Turner, who cannot get off the LOS...

All League
    Kris Adams of UTEP is an interesting guy. 6-3 195 with supposed 4.4 speed. Had a real productive year for UTEP, 1000+ yards 14 TD's while averaging close to 23 YPC.

everyone seems obsessed with bashing the guy but I think Courtney Smith has a chance. He's got some growing up to do and probably doesn't have deep speed but also has hands like catcher mitts and size... could also be a very good player. 7th round or pfa

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...hs_senior.html

Armon Binns from Cinci showed some flashes when I saw him maybe a year ago.

Aldrick Robinson is a small name guy...I like Whalen from Stanford too.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Kris Adams of UTEP is an interesting guy. 6-3 195 with supposed 4.4 speed. Had a real productive year for UTEP, 1000+ yards 14 TD's while averaging close to 23 YPC.
    decent player considering who was throwing the ball to him, or the consistent accuracy of the qb throwing the ball to him....

Joe Morgan/Walsh, Jeff Maehl/Oregon, DeMarco Sampson/SDSU...Dane Sazenbacher/OSU from the 5th round on....ditto for Darvin Adams/Auburn, but i think he surprises in 3/4...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    I'm interested to see what he runs because it looks like he gets down field pretty well. Not much acceleration, and is a long-strider, but he seems to have another gear.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him develop into a guy who sticks around the NFL for a while.

One of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzXpeP7Cj3I

Depending on what he runs I think he's the Mike Wallace type of this draft...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Jeff Maehl is still my favorite late round guy.

Comparable to Jordan Shipley IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    One of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzXpeP7Cj3I

Depending on what he runs I think he's the Mike Wallace type of this draft...
    agree 100% but i doubt he runs a 4.3 like Wallace... but he's got real star quality

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Jeff Maehl is still my favorite late round guy.

Comparable to Jordan Shipley IMO.
    He's smaller than Shipley...Maehl's pretty overrated IMO.

Bit, not sure Harris has that kind of speed either...but a damn good WR prospect from a school that's put some legit talent into this league recently.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 02-10-2011 at 12:20 PM.