Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez vs Chad Henne

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark Sanchez vs Chad Henne

I said it once, I will say it again. I think both QB's still have potential to be good,and I think the debate as to which one is better is still alive.

Statistics indicate that Chad Henne did indeed have a better season than Mark Sanchez.

At Football Outsiders, one of the statistics that our game charters compile is the number of times a quarterback threw an interception that the defender dropped. Although there are still a handful of games uncharted, our numbers currently have Sanchez leading the league with 15 dropped interceptions; no other quarterback has more than eight. So although Sanchez seemingly improved by cutting his interceptions down to 13, the reality is that he threw 15 other passes that easily could have been picked had defenders held on to the ball. The argument for Sanchez's improvement was largely based on the idea that he was playing smarter and limiting his turnovers, but the only thing that Sanchez really improved was his luck.

Who was the unluckiest quarterback this past season? Henne. He threw 19 interceptions on the season but had only one dropped interception. That won't happen again. Henne remains a talented player, and the odds of his experiencing a rebound next season are pretty good. Before GM Jeff Ireland decides to blow a first-round pick on Jake Locker or Cam Newton, he may want to consider investing in more linemen and receivers to help out the guy who is already on the roster.

Very interesting take.... I do think you have to account the postseason when fully evaluating Mark Sanchez's yearly statistics...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear lord.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJet View Post
    Oh dear lord.
    Yep, this one's gonna get outta hand quick.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dump

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a strong demand for a thread like this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ChadHenne started dating his wife when he was 14 years old.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyTestaverde'sNiece View Post
    ChadHenne started dating his wife when he was 14 years old.
    The bastard

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're the worst Dolphins troll ever

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are either not a fan (aka a troll) or you are the biggest SOJF of all time....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The dropped INT argument is stupid, I wouldn't take those stats seriously... How does Henne have 1 dropped INT??? Against us he had at least 2, 1 that was in Cromartie's hands and another that was in Jason Taylor's hands...

Too subjective to be taken serious, seems like thery were harder on Sanchez than others...

Anyways the comparisons are dumb... Sanchez had 16 games in college and started right away and has been great in the playoffs and clutch, along with improving... Henne regressed and was a 4 year starter in college and had 3 years in the league... Their coaches don't even believe in him, it was said before this year...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    You are either not a fan (aka a troll) or you are the biggest SOJF of all time....
    What premise led you to that conclusion?

I am a Jets fan who is simply is not sold on the "Sanchize"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PhiladelphiaJet View Post

Your posts the past month have been nothing short of asshoIesque

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez's disgustingly low completion percentage and wild inconsistency during the regular season tend to push his scores in assessments like Football Outsiders' (hell, ANYONE'S assessments) way down.

These stats, however, do not include the 2010 playoffs, during which Sanchez had 3 of his "better" games.

I think its clear, examining their bodies of work to date, that Mark Sanchez is a QB on the rise, while Chad Henne probably has one last shot to prove he's a starter in this league.

Sanchez looked like a stud when it counted this post-season. But he needs to be more consistent and complete more of his passes if he wants to get to the next level. 55.5% is fine for an 11 win season with an awesome defense, good running game, and plethora of WR/TE weapons. Sanchez may not have all of those every year, and needs to keep improving for sure if the Jets are gonna be here to stay.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

So you're not sold on a guy who, in his 2nd season, engineered comebacks, won games, led us to the playoffs, won playoff games and got us closer to the big dance than we have been since '98?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Yet you can say without a doubt that Henne will be a better QB (you've said it in other threads)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK. You go find me 20 Dolphin fans that wouldn't trade Henne for Sanchez. Anytime a Dolphin fan tries to make this argument on finheaven, the other posters shout them down in minutes. Even 90% of Dolphin fans know that this "debate" has been settled.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Yet you can say without a doubt that Henne will be a better QB (you've said it in other threads)
    No I don't...

I just say that the argument is still open..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i would have figured this would have been put to shut by now.... sanchez is well ahead of henne

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a useless debate because it doesn't come down to QB play on offense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No I don't...

I just say that the argument is still open..
    There are 32 General Managers in the NFL would would clearly pick Sanchez

There are 32 Coaches in the NFL would would clearly pick Sanchez

And then there is you