Thread: This is scary!

This is scary!

[url]http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/1011PSISBBVD/OPSIM223/PR[/url]

Listen when you have time.

Just so you know, the guy speaking was hit with a $1.5 million fine by the SEC for securities fraud...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3956725]Just so you know, the guy speaking was hit with a $1.5 million fine by the SEC for securities fraud...[/QUOTE]

The SEC that was on top of Madoff?

:rolleyes:

The guy is a scammer, and playing on fear...def. trying to sell something...but alot of what he said is true, no?

:dunno:

-

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3956725]Just so you know, the guy speaking was hit with a $1.5 million fine by the SEC for securities fraud...[/QUOTE]

[url]http://briandeer.com/vaxgen/stansberry-fraud.htm[/url]

Don't worry..only schmucks like me are in trouble...you know guys who are saving fir their own pension who chose the private sector.;)

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3957229]Don't worry..only schmucks like me are in trouble...you know guys who are saving fir their own pension who chose the private sector.;)[/QUOTE]

Easy money pensioners! The nerve of these guys.......

[url]http://www.nleomf.org/facts/recently-fallen/recently-fallen-officers/archive-recently-fallen.html[/url]

If we go belly up the public sector is going to feel it to.

Buy gold and send for my newsletter? :confused:

I'll say one thing. They guy is a wiked good cartoonist.

All League
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3957229]Don't worry..only schmucks like me are in trouble...you know guys who are saving fir their own pension who chose the private sector.;)[/QUOTE]

I pay 19.4% before taxes into my pension fund, along with another pretax contribution to my 457 fund. How much are YOU paying into your retirement? And yeah, after my wife lost HER "Private Sector" job without notice or a severance of any kind (right before our son was born), we pretty much live paycheck to paycheck. But we make it happen.

I'm so frakkin' tired of uneducated, jealous aresholes crying about pension funds for "Public" employees. Are there irresponsible pensions out there? Yes. Is that MY problem? No. SO why penalize me? Or any other responsibly structured, funded pension system? Why go after Cops and Firemen with a rabid, mad dog intensity while allowing Wellfare and Entitlement Programs on the state and local level (along with unneccessary projects) continue to be funded unchallenged? According to FL Gov (and First Psycho) Rick Scott, what Cops and Firefighters do is no different than ANY OTHER "Public" employee...and deserve no better treatment or benefits.

DO you think these guys deserved good benefits? DO you think they are the "same" as the guy who rides the lawnmower at the park?

[img]http://media.nj.com/star-ledger/photo/9209419-large.jpg[/img]

[img]http://archive.chicagobreakingnews.com/_2wheatley612.jpg[/img]

Do we HAVE to do the Jobs we do? No. I could leave NOW and be a Paramedic or RN, or even take a few more classes and be a PA. But I like my job, and also feel that what I (and Cops) do is a necessary service and deserving of respect and good benefits.

After all, my life expectancy is about 10 years shorter than YOURS, and my risk of cancer is FAR HIGHER.

But keep cutting our pay and eliminating pensions while attacking us in the media and calling us the "Greedy Firemen and COps", and when YOUR house is on fire you'll wind up with a clown-squad of Fat old guys and a bunch of wanna-be kids responding to save YOUR life and home....Or when YOU have a heart attack and call 911, instead of a Professional, experienced Paramedic, you'll get a couple of 20 year olds on an AMR Rig hoping you're already dead so they don't have to "Work you".

Oh and by the way, I am a Republican and consider myself "Conservative". I just think that instead of attacking the Public Servants that are willing to put their lives on the line for YOU, that maybe we should be looking at the giveaway programs, entitlements, and welfare we seem more than happy to hand out to the irresponsible, lazy, and incompetent in our society.

[QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3957608]I pay 19.4% before taxes into my pension fund, along with another pretax contribution to my 457 fund. How much are YOU paying into your retirement? And yeah, after my wife lost HER "Private Sector" job without notice or a severance of any kind (right before our son was born), we pretty much live paycheck to paycheck. But we make it happen.

I'm so frakkin' tired of uneducated, jealous aresholes crying about pension funds for "Public" employees. Are there irresponsible pensions out there? Yes. Is that MY problem? No. SO why penalize me? Or any other responsibly structured, funded pension system? Why go after Cops and Firemen with a rabid, mad dog intensity while allowing Wellfare and Entitlement Programs on the state and local level (along with unneccessary projects) continue to be funded unchallenged? According to FL Gov (and First Psycho) Rick Scott, what Cops and Firefighters do is no different than ANY OTHER "Public" employee...and deserve no better treatment or benefits.

DO you think these guys deserved good benefits? DO you think they are the "same" as the guy who rides the lawnmower at the park?

[img]http://media.nj.com/star-ledger/photo/9209419-large.jpg[/img]

[img]http://archive.chicagobreakingnews.com/_2wheatley612.jpg[/img]

Do we HAVE to do the Jobs we do? No. I could leave NOW and be a Paramedic or RN, or even take a few more classes and be a PA. But I like my job, and also feel that what I (and Cops) do is a necessary service and deserving of respect and good benefits.

After all, my life expectancy is about 10 years shorter than YOURS, and my risk of cancer is FAR HIGHER.

But keep cutting our pay and eliminating pensions while attacking us in the media and calling us the "Greedy Firemen and COps", and when YOUR house is on fire you'll wind up with a clown-squad of Fat old guys and a bunch of wanna-be kids responding to save YOUR life and home....Or when YOU have a heart attack and call 911, instead of a Professional, experienced Paramedic, you'll get a couple of 20 year olds on an AMR Rig hoping you're already dead so they don't have to "Work you".

Oh and by the way, I am a Republican and consider myself "Conservative". I just think that instead of attacking the Public Servants that are willing to put their lives on the line for YOU, that maybe we should be looking at the giveaway programs, entitlements, and welfare we seem more than happy to hand out to the irresponsible, lazy, and incompetent in our society.[/QUOTE]

Dude...relax. I was making a joke about the market. I worked in the public sector for 3 years and quit. I have audited many muni's and have seen it first hand. BTW, I have a pension that I set up and fund 100 percent. BUT I digress. I NEVER stated any occupation deserves or doesn't deserve. I am simply stating, that NOTHING in the private sector comes even close to the public sector (educated employees like engineers, accountants, managers etc...) in the benefit area (and in the pay area in many areas as USA Today and the standard reporter have pointed out) and that we the public are providing a benefit to government workers that is not available anywhere to any private sector employees and is now being seen, bankrupting many governments. Chris Christie and many others are addressing this and dealing with the "emotional" responses of union backed labor when in reality it is a math issue not a fairness issue. I agree with MANY of your points.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 02-12-2011 at 08:48 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;3957197][url]http://briandeer.com/vaxgen/stansberry-fraud.htm[/url][/QUOTE]

OT, but just an FYI; Brian Deer is a POS hack. You'd be better served utilizing Wikipedia as a credible source to cite.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3957777]...it is a math issue not a fairness issue...[/QUOTE]

QFT.