Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 120 of 120

Thread: The "Music Produced Since 2000" What Are You Listening To Thread (No Oldies!)

  1. #101

  2. #102
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    3,450
    One of the best CDs of the last several years was by The Airborne Toxic Event. This song, "Sometime Around Midnight" was the single from the album, but it was front to back solid with great, well-written songs. Highly recommend. This one has to hit home if you were ever dumped by a girl and then ran into her at a bar...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYPoMjR6-Ao

  3. #103
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    One thing seems common amongst newer bands...their names suck and that probably hurts sales with people who have been around for a while.


    yes, I said amongst.


  4. #104
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,321
    ... black crows were the last new group i ever listened to ...











    l_j-r

  5. #105
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    421
    Me'Shell rarely fails to impress. Caught her live just before Christmas (that's 20 times I've seen her now). She's a constantly evolving artist, which I guess costs her listeners that are searching for comfort in the familiar. Love the drums on this track

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxFl_xJ6X7Q

  6. #106
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,366

  7. #107
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,366

  8. #108
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Not ashamed to admit that this one made me tear up

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L64c5...eature=related

  9. #109
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Anything Jack White does is brilliant.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIPeI...eature=channel
    Nice!

  10. #110
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,366

  11. #111
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    421
    Comedian/musician Reggie Watts takes the piss out of the hip hop commuinity. Love Reggie's stuff. Definitely NSFW.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJQU22Ttpwc

  12. #112
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,521
    I just finished watching After Bridge live from Amsterdam on Palladia. Guess rock & roll is not dead after all. I always thought Mark Tramonti (Creed) could play, but Miles Kennedy really impressed me. This guy can sing (and play) his a$$ off live. Kinda like a combination of Chris Cornell, Ian Gillan, and Geoff Tate.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQeMhSNP-_4

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0X1D6K9Jek

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR4_chcwvoM

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I just finished watching After Bridge live from Amsterdam on Palladia. Guess rock & roll is not dead after all. I always thought Mark Tramonti (Creed) could play, but Miles Kennedy really impressed me. This guy can sing (and play) his a$$ off live. Kinda like a combination of Chris Cornell, Ian Gillan, and Geoff Tate.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQeMhSNP-_4

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0X1D6K9Jek

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR4_chcwvoM
    Borgo, did you know that Led Zeppelin was considering taking Myles Kennedy out on the road with them? I agree with your opinion on Tremonti. I think Kennedy is also a really good guitar player. Not sure if you've heard their new album, ABIII, but enjoy:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CBoHFC4f94

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkAtLHLjPIo

  14. #114
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,237

    No matter how many times I play "Home", I never even get close to sick of it. Such a great song. I give it my ultimate musical compliment, itr made the hair on the back of my neck stand up the first few times I heard it.

  15. #115
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Great call. Best Eminem song ever IMO.

  16. #116
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Borgo, did you know that Led Zeppelin was considering taking Myles Kennedy out on the road with them? I agree with your opinion on Tremonti. I think Kennedy is also a really good guitar player. Not sure if you've heard their new album, ABIII, but enjoy:
    Thanks for the tunes, dk. I knew Slash had added Kennedy to his new incarnation of Snake Pit, but had not heard about the Zeppelin connection. He would be an excellent choice to cover Plant's vocals. I was really struck with Kennedy's power and range in a live setting. So many vocalists just can't sing the parts live. Kennedy was blowing the doors off the arena, but perfectly in tune.

  17. #117

  18. #118
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    No matter how many times I play "Home", I never even get close to sick of it. Such a great song. I give it my ultimate musical compliment, itr made the hair on the back of my neck stand up the first few times I heard it.
    Great tune, and a really good album.

    Been playing this one non stop.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0RQnGhxZzg

    They are clearly "out there" but they make some awesome tunes.

  19. #119

  20. #120
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,384
    Finally looked at this thread at home so I can actually see what people are posting....

    Donavon Frankenreiter is a guy that hasn't gotten any mention. Definitely recommend checking him out. He's a professional surfer as well as a musician. Usually schedules his tours around surfing spots.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5GGVnwAdB0

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9X46oolLos

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us