View Poll Results: Does President Obama deserve credit for the Egypt Uprising and overthrow of Mubarak?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I agree with Rush, Obama had nothing to do with it.

6 75.00%
  • Yes, his speech, and his support of the uprising was meaningful to the eventual overthrow.

2 25.00%

Thread: Obama, and CRedit for the Egyptian Overthrow of a Dictator

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Obama, and CRedit for the Egyptian Overthrow of a Dictator

So, I went out for lunch today (the McDonalds Chipotle Bacon Burger....a bit bland, actually).

During my little drive to ol' MickeyD's, I listened to Rush Limbaugh.

He was angry that "the media" was "giving Obama credit for the Egyptian Uprising and overthrow of Mubarak", when he felt "Obama had nothing to do with it". He argued, that the media was giving this credit in order to help Obama when he is facing tough criticism at home, specificly about Health Care.

So the question then is this:

Do you agree with Rush Limbaugh, that Obama does not deserve any credit for the Egyptian Uprising and subsequent overthrow?

Or do you think Obama's speech in Egypt that touched on freedom and democracy, and his position all along since the start of the uprising that Mubarak "must go, and must go now" was a meaningful factor in the uprising and subsequent overthrow?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3957296]So, I went out for lunch today (the McDonalds Chipotle Bacon Burger....a bit bland, actually).

During my little drive to ol' MickeyD's, I listened to Rush Limbaugh.

He was angry that "the media" was "giving Obama credit for the Egyptian Uprising and overthrow of Mubarak", when he felt "Obama had nothing to do with it". He argued, that the media was giving this credit in order to help Obama when he is facing tough criticism at home, specificly about Health Care.

So the question then is this:

Do you agree with Rush Limbaugh, that Obama does not deserve any credit for the Egyptian Uprising and subsequent overthrow?

Or do you think Obama's speech in Egypt that touched on freedom and democracy, and his position all along since the start of the uprising that Mubarak "must go, and must go now" was a meaningful factor in the uprising and subsequent overthrow?[/QUOTE]

Obama had nothing to do with the Egyptian uprising and I haven't heard anyone trying to give him credit for that as well. Facebook and Twitter helped the Egyptian people.
    Rush is a desperate man who will say anything and everything to start a stir, thankfully most of his crowd has died or are hard of hearing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;3957304]Rush is a desperate man....[/QUOTE]

If only I could be as desperate as he, cashing those million dollar checks and being #1 on the radio. That would just KILL me, to suffer that fate.:D

By the way cr, don;t forget to vote.;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Presidents (like QB's) get credit and venom for things they often had no hand in... Obama is no different, Reagan was no different with the fall of the Berlin wall. Life goes on

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well hopefully it turns out better then Iran under Jimbo!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Silly poll. Not everything has to be so black and white.

Does he deserve credit for this? No. But will Obama be blamed if it turns sour? sure.

Will Rush, who, according to Warfish, says that Obama does not deserve credit for this day in Egypt, blame Obama if it it turns sour? Of course (I assume, so sue me).

This poll just reminds me of all the things that presidents, this one and others, get credit or blamed for just because things happened on their watch. It usually isn't that simple.

I'm just glad Obama didn't F things up yet. That seems to be my standard for Presidents nowadays, don't F up. I can imagine there are hundreds of things Obama could have said or done that would have F things up. So I guess he gets credit for that. Yesterday I did in fact think that he F'd things up. He gave a speech that might have presumed that Mubarak was stepping down, and then Murbarak's speech had a tone of, "we will not be influenced by outsiders" almost in response to Obama's assumption. I thought that Obama spoke too soon and F'd thing up.

I still wonder what he could have done differently for Iran last year. Does Obama deserve to be blamed for the failure of that Revolution? not sure, but the differences between the Army in Egypt (for the people) and the Army in Iran (for ?) cannot be ignored, among other things. So sad for the leaders of that revolution who are lucky if they are still alive. That is why the revolters in Egypt knew they could not go home till Mubarak stepped down. A lesson in history. Perhaps the martyrs of Iran therefor deserve credit for this day in Egypt.

I did not vote in this poll.
    Last edited by majormajor42; 02-11-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we're going to credit a speeches, then Bush and Rice should get as much or more credit than anyone. And I'm no Bush fan.

But methinks decades of frustration of the Eqyptian people has far more to do with it tha anything. How egotistical are we as a nation to think that we can assign credit to any of us? Ridiculous.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I give credit to Biden, who said Mubarak was not a dictator, and to the whole administration for saying the Muslim Brotherhood should be included in a new government because they are secular and renounce violence.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Egyptian people get all of the credit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3957311]If only I could be as desperate as he, cashing those million dollar checks and being #1 on the radio. That would just KILL me, to suffer that fate.:D

By the way cr, don;t forget to vote.;)[/QUOTE]

Sadly he will always want and need the attention that goes along with the millions. He was a great Dr. shopper as well! :D