Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revolution!!!!

Revolution!!!!

Truly stunning events in Egypt. The people have demanded, and recieved, the impossible. Could it happen here in the USA?

I say yes. Too many $$$ in too few hands. We will see this happen here in our lifetimes. You?

[IMG]https://publicintelligence.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/more-egypt-revolution23.jpg[/IMG]

I am going to say no, this will not happen in the U.S.A. in our lifetimes. A civil war will come before a national revolution.

Interesting distinction. What are the two sides do see engaging in a civil war?

Practice Squad
    We have revolutions all the time. Not just every four years. Not just every two. All politics is local and your vote makes a difference especially in the small elections that take place more frequently then the big news federal elections that get debated here. State assembly, school board, town supervisor, you have layers of representation that you may not even be aware of.

the comparison is frankly silly...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3957743]the comparison is frankly silly...[/QUOTE]

No one asked you.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    wrong forum

Definitely not comparable. Egypt has had colonial or military leadership since the Napoleonic invasions. The US has been stable for 150 years. I think the US is much more likely to restrict immigration and just continue its expansion infill.

[QUOTE=Fishooked;3957784]wrong forum[/QUOTE]

+7

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3957802]+7[/QUOTE]

-3 x 8

the revolution has begun

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5KyWxU-bkg[/url]
    RON PAUL

Yeah because we are totally ruled by a dictator, we completely don't have any rights at all, such as freedom of speech, religious freedom, and many many others. :rolleyes: If we were to start a revolution we would be the dumbest country out there. We have all the rights that you could ask for and although our country is failing economically, every country is. If its a country that should start a revolution it should be China.

i think michael moore said............

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3957713]Truly stunning events in Egypt. The people have demanded, and recieved, the impossible. Could it happen here in the USA?

I say yes. Too many $$$ in too few hands. We will see this happen here in our lifetimes. You?

[IMG]https://publicintelligence.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/more-egypt-revolution23.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

in all other country the government is afraid of the people, in america we are afraid of the government..........we seem to always have it backa$$wards.

Hall Of Fame
    Not here....we don't have enough rocks just lying around on the streets. We have Departments of Public Works and highway departments that pick that **** up. I suppose we could start throwing our smartphones at each other...

People in other countries are stupid. "WE WANT REVOLUTION!!! LET'S THROW STUFF AT EACH OTHER!!! POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!" :rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    As long as we have big screen TVs, cell phones and beer, we will never revolt. We are sheep.

I get this thread turned into a joke pretty quickly (as well it should), but just the thought that anyone would "revolt" against what we have in the country is DISGUSTING.

To even attempt to compare what the "poor and oppressed" of other countries go through compared to here not only diminishes what they are enduring, but also is a slap in the face of how truly blessed we are in this nation.

OK, back to the shenanigans . . .

I am not a White American, not African American, Not A Iatino American.

! I AM AN AMERICAN !

Red White and Blue all the way thru! :usaflag:

[QUOTE=Jets Things;3957781]No one asked you.[/QUOTE]

the simpsons suck.

The army taking over a country isn't a revolution anyone can be proud of. What comes next may not be revolutionary at all it could be more of the same, something worse or something better? TBD.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 02-13-2011 at 11:22 AM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FF2;3957919]As long as we have big screen TVs, cell phones and beer, we will never revolt. I'm a sheep f*cker.[/QUOTE]

fixed.