Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: House Speakerís State May Get $450 Million Extra

On one level yes, but until Obama signs this bill into law, JB is responsible for what comes out of the House for spending proposals just as Pelosi was

Why can't we all agree that, for the most part, both parties are two sides of the same coin? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. We get excited when the power shifts from one party to the other in Washinton every 8 to 10 years and then...surprise.....the party in power does the opposite of what the candidates campaigned to do! Shocking :zzz:

el oh el. The Party in power of the House, really marginalizes the oppostion

Look at the link. The r's are prominently displayed while to find the d party, you have to go hunting.....

[url]http://appropriations.house.gov/[/url]

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3958621]Why can't we all agree that, for the most part, both parties are two sides of the same coin?[/QUOTE]

Well....

I think there are meaningful differences in the ideals of the two parties. So in terms of idealism, no, they are different. Hence why so many get convinced "their side" is better. They talk a great game on ideals.

But in terms of action? I agree 100%, the two parties are very, very similar in their actions when in power and when out of power.

The system we have is not designed in the best interest of the people. It's designed for the best interest of the two parties, and those they favor via the power/purse of Government.

If this "Earmark" goes through, IMO it is very disturbing and very telling. The Pentagon says we don't need it but the politician is afraid for job losses by cutting it?

Sort of like your children threatening to scream so you buy them candy ...and you are already broke and in debt.

This country is phucked. When 50 percent pay no tax and or receive entitlements, and they can cry like children and politicians fear their vote.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

well, well....lookee, lookee here....

[QUOTE][B]House Votes to Cancel F-35 Jet Engine Program
    By CHRISTOPHER DREW
    Published: February 16, 2011
    Twitter

WASHINGTON ó In a sign that some freshman Republicans were willing to cut military spending, the House voted 233-198 on Wednesday to cancel an alternate fighter jet engine that the Bush and Obama administrations had tried to kill for the last five years.

The vote marked another instance in which some of the new legislators, including members of the Tea Party, broke ranks with the House speaker, John A. Boehner, a Republican from Ohio, where the engine provided more than 1,000 jobs.

Many of the 87 freshman Republicans in the House had initially been hesitant to trim military spending as part of their drive to reduce the budget deficit.

But after forcing Mr. Boehner and other Republican leaders to propose greater cuts in domestic programs, the freshman agreed last week to include $16 billion in military cuts in this yearís spending bill.Wednesdayís vote to cancel the engine for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter would cut an additional $450 million and save up to $3 billion over the next several years.

[B]The vote marked a victory for President Obama and the defense secretary, Robert M. Gates, who had called the engine wasteful at a time when the Pentagon budget was flattening out.[/B] [COLOR="Red"]ah yes...not a victory for the tea party though...:rolleyes:[/COLOR]

In voting to cancel the engine, some of the Republican freshman formed an unusual alliance with liberal Democrats, who have opposed many of the Republican proposals for cuts in domestic programs.

The Joint Strike Fighter is the militaryís most expensive program, and its engines could cost up to $100 billion if the Pentagon and allied nations buy several thousand of the planes.

Pratt & Whitney, a unit of United Technologies, is already building an F-35 engine in Connecticut. But Congress had long insisted on the development of a second engine to provide competition and try to reduce the price on purchases that could eventually reach $100 billion.

The alternate engine was being built by General Electric and Roll-Royce, which had spent $3 billion on it so far and would have needed perhaps $2 billion to $3 billion more to complete it. [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/17/us/politics/17-f-35-engine.html[/url]

jettdawgg...i'd appreciate you post a link when that lunatic leftist site posts a retraction and telling everyone the "change has come" and "no more doing business as usual in congress"...

and to all the other liberals in the thread who whined like children there's still time to join the rest of us "teabaggers" for real change...lol

The Engine Project needed to die, and it did.

Congratulations and Kudos on the rare act of fiscal responsabillity by those who voted to kill it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

CBTNY, you do realize that this happened *after* they were called out on it, right? What's to retract? Unbelievable!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=isired;3960721]CBTNY, you do realize that this happened *after* they were called out on it, right? What's to retract? Unbelievable!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

lol- yup, that's it...you guys deserve the credit because you caught it....

meanwhile there's ayatollah obama's "deficit cutting budget"...like i said, the only bullsh!t is the constant whining of liberals...thanks for proving the point...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3960724]lol- yup, that's it...you guys deserve the credit because you caught it....

meanwhile there's ayatollah obama's "deficit cutting budget"...like i said, the only bullsh!t is the constant whining of liberals...thanks for proving the point...[/QUOTE]
    Its not an issue of which liars/crooks get credit, I'm happy it got removed. But you're looking to give them credit because the plot was foiled before they could finish the job? That I take issue with.

BTW, I'm sure there will be times when the politicians on 'the other side' get caught with their hand in the cookie jar too. They're all dishonest at best, crooks at worst. But I just don't see how you guys defend it in one case, or applaud when they 'do the right thing', AFTER GETTING CAUGHT, and then crucify the lib/con who does the same thing 2 weeks later. Do you live your life thinking that way, or is it just politics that makes you cuckoo?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;3958572]HR 1 - The Boner Bill

[url]http://thehill.com/images/stories/blogs/flooraction/Jan2011/hr1.pdf[/url][/QUOTE]

Well we have a bonehead in the White House! He is paying down the debt by creating more debt! :confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=isired;3960755]Its not an issue of which liars/crooks get credit, I'm happy it got removed. But you're looking to give them credit because the plot was foiled before they could finish the job? That I take issue with.

BTW, I'm sure there will be times when the politicians on 'the other side' get caught with their hand in the cookie jar too. They're all dishonest at best, crooks at worst. But I just don't see how you guys defend it in one case, or applaud when they 'do the right thing', AFTER GETTING CAUGHT, and then crucify the lib/con who does the same thing 2 weeks later. Do you live your life thinking that way, or is it just politics that makes you cuckoo?

cuckoo??? let's see- all we heard from the lunatic left was the Tea Party would just follow along with the mainstream GOP....and as we can see here they did as much...:rolleyes:

you've been wrong about everything in this thread and you're now making up excuses for it...from now on i will refer to you as Rich Kotite in honor of this being a football site...:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=isired;3960755]Its not an issue of which liars/crooks get credit, I'm happy it got removed. But you're looking to give them credit because the plot was foiled before they could finish the job? That I take issue with.

Don't waste your time. The guy is a f*cking idiot.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3960819]Don't waste your time. The guy is a f*cking idiot.[/QUOTE]

reasonably thought out from white trash...:yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3960806]cuckoo??? let's see- all we heard from the lunatic left was the Tea Party would just follow along with the mainstream GOP....and as we can see here they did as much...:rolleyes:

you've been wrong about everything in this thread and you're now making up excuses for it...from now on i will refer to you as Rich Kotite in honor of this being a football site...[/QUOTE]I never thought the Tea Party would follow the mainstream GOP, they are far too wacky for that. Anyone that anoints Sarah Palin as their hero can't be taken seriously.

And, for the record: being right, and then having the party that's wrong change their mind, doesn't mean I was wrong to begin with.

From now on i will refer to you as Herm Edwards in honor of your confused doubletalk.:yes:

Jesus, everyone I know that's a tea party fanatic is/was a D student. To a man/woman. My ****ing facebook is full of former HS classmates that were total non-thinkers, and now they're copy/pasting every bit of nonsense they come across and thumping their chest. Not surprising I guess.

All League
    To be clear, the secondary engine project has been killed. But the funding for the F-35 is still fully funded... to fight against an enemy that doesn't exist

[QUOTE=isired;3960915]I never thought the Tea Party would follow the mainstream GOP, they are far too wacky for that. Anyone that anoints Sarah Palin as their hero can't be taken seriously.

And, for the record: being right, and then having the party that's wrong change their mind, doesn't mean I was wrong to begin with.

From now on i will refer to you as Herm Edwards in honor of your confused doubletalk.:yes:

[B]Jesus, everyone I know that's a tea party fanatic is/was a D student. To a man/woman. My ****ing facebook is full of former HS classmates that were total non-thinkers, and now they're copy/pasting every bit of nonsense they come across and thumping their chest. Not surprising I guess[/B].[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. :yes:

All League
    [QUOTE=isired;3960915]I never thought the Tea Party would follow the mainstream GOP, they are far too wacky for that. Anyone that anoints Sarah Palin as their hero can't be taken seriously.

Jesus, everyone I know that's a tea party fanatic is/was a D student. To a man/woman. My ****ing facebook is full of former HS classmates that were total non-thinkers, and now they're copy/pasting every bit of nonsense they come across and thumping their chest. Not surprising I guess.[/QUOTE]

It's what happens when a Political party scrapes the bottom of the barrel to win the vote of the lowest common denominator

this goes for both parties

[QUOTE=isired;3960915]I never thought the Tea Party....they are far too wacky[/quote]

[QUOTE]tea party/D student[/QUOTE]

Since you are obviously not a D Student, can you enlighten me on some of the Tea Party Economic and Governmental Policy positions you find "wacky".

Just curious, thanks.

[QUOTE=isired;3960915]

Jesus, everyone I know that's a tea party fanatic is/was a D student. To a man/woman. My ****ing facebook is full of former HS classmates that were total non-thinkers, and now they're copy/pasting every bit of nonsense they come across and thumping their chest. Not surprising I guess.[/QUOTE]

The Tea party are easy targets, take photo's of a couple of flag wearing red-necks etc...but IMO, they are mainly mis represented by the "media" and accordingly misunderstood. As a CPA of MANY companies doing between $1 and $10mil annually, many of them agree with much (not all) of the tea party fundamentals. These are educated people from lawyers, Doctors, MBA's etc.. THEY are on the frontline of government bureacracy and have to provide EVERY bit of fringe benefit themselves.

Smaller government, less regulation. You recognize that the government budgets and payroll have more than doubled in the last few years?