Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: House Speakerís State May Get $450 Million Extra

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=cr726;3961452]It was a question. Take out LI and tell me about all the six figure pensions that are out there? [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/yr_pensions_at_fdny_DI9YRO0callID61fLCXAZL[/url]

[url]http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2010/06/20/news/new_haven/doc4c1d9769c9e08541334834.txt[/url]

[url]http://www.concordmonitor.com/article/217328/public-jobs-pay-6-figure-pensions[/url]

[url]http://blog.timesunion.com/readandreact/368/read-and-react-for-pensions-518/[/url]

and that took three minutes...

[QUOTE]Does this money not go back into the economy? If it isn't, let me know where it goes.[/QUOTE]

how do you know what people do with their money? but again- the justification for ridiculous public sector pensions is the "money goes back into the economy"....

please tell us how you feel about raising taxes on the rich....thanks
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 02-17-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;3961452]It was a question. Take out LI and tell me about all the six figure pensions that are out there?

Does this money not go back into the economy? If it isn't, let me know where it goes.[/QUOTE]

6 figure?????? Why that line in the sand.

80 percent of NYFD pensions are "Tax Free" dbl pensions where the NYC commission has documented the LARGE increase in OT right before they retire.
    I am sure the average pension here only 75K oe so....That's OK with you?

A 40 year old guy, retiring on tax free funds of 75K and we pay for 40 years???

A 50 year old postal worker (I know personally) retired after 25 years and collects over 50K?

Again ...it would bankrupt any industry.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3961481]6 figure?????? Why that line in the sand.

80 percent of NYFD pensions are "Tax Free" dbl pensions where the NYC commission has documented the LARGE increase in OT right before they retire.
    I am sure the average pension here only 75K oe so....That's OK with you?

A 40 year old guy, retiring on tax free funds of 75K and we pay for 40 years???

A 50 year old postal worker (I know personally) retired after 25 years and collects over 50K?

Again ...it would bankrupt any industry.[/QUOTE]

6 figures is what i brought up....

you also bring up valid points never mind the abuse of civil servant disability systems where "disabled" civil servant collect 70% of their salary- then go on to do things like win the race up the Empire State Building, etc...

then there's schools teachers like those in NYC who, if there school shuts down, collect full pay yet are not required to take open jobs- thread with linked article is somewhere on this forum...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3961506]6 figures is what i brought up....

you also bring up valid points never mind the abuse of civil servant disability systems where "disabled" civil servant collect 70% of their salary- then go on to do things like win the race up the Empire State Building, etc...

then there's schools teachers like those in NYC who, if there school shuts down, collect full pay yet are not required to take open jobs- thread with linked article is somewhere on this forum...[/QUOTE]

Interestingly..these are not minor cases, NYS did a study and noted that prior to retirement, civil servant OT spikes up over 30 percent. They in effect, retire on 50 percent of an inflated salary. Talk about being a burden on your neighbor.

People on public pensions mean that I have to pay for 2/4 retired cops for one on the force. How is that sustainable?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;3962132]People on public pensions mean that I have to pay for 2/4 retired cops for one on the force. How is that sustainable?[/QUOTE]

Stop complaining and just pay!;)

I heard from someone still in NY that the LIRR now has MORE retired employees than working.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3962169]Stop complaining and just pay!;)

I heard from someone still in NY that the LIRR now has MORE retired employees than working.[/QUOTE]

That is an atrocity. NY will be California very shortly