Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Jets First Round Pick is ????

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Sign me up for Brooks Reed .This defense needs someone with that kind of motor and is scrappy.
    +1

If we get this guy, I will order a custom authentic jersey the next day.

Sign me up for Brooks Reed .This defense needs someone with that kind of motor and is scrappy.
    Reed's game is all about the scrappiness...nobody is more gritty on the field, and he plays with such intelligence and intensity that he's capable of converting whole cultures away from their various religions and belief systems.

...people always say the same thing. They say: you don't have to do this.

Well, I'm going to.

To the OP: I hope to god you don't actually think Casey Matthews is worth a first round pick. That's just sad.

My top guy is Pitt's Jabaal Sheard, but I wouldn't be upset with someone like Brooks Reed.

Temple's Mo Wilkerson, Illinois' Corey Liuget, and UGA's Justin Houston are also guys that I'd consider top options.

Allen Bailey!

From - The U!

Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post

My top guy is Pitt's Jabaal Sheard, but I wouldn't be upset with someone like Brooks Reed.

Temple's Mo Wilkerson, Illinois' Corey Liuget, and UGA's Justin Houston are also guys that I'd consider top options.
    agree about sheard, agree about reed... the other three names are overrated... JMO

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    agree about sheard, agree about reed... the other three names are overrated... JMO
    Corey Liuget is actually incredibly underrated. He'll more than likely be a top twenty pick.

Mo Wilkerson is versatile lineman that could play end in the 3-4 and tackle in four man fronts. He'd be a heck a weapon for Ryan.

Corey Liuget is actually incredibly underrated. He'll more than likely be a top twenty pick.

Mo Wilkerson is versatile lineman that could play end in the 3-4 and tackle in four man fronts. He'd be a heck a weapon for Ryan.
    in another year i would agree but this year there are too many other good DL for these guys to rise up.

Liuget is a very raw 3-tech and the 3-4 teams won't want him... Wilkerson has some great film, and some awful film, he got tossed around against Army (!).

I hope some team would take these players over a Cameron Heyward but it seems unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by jims jetts View Post
    We need this beast,great bloodlines!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUz2o2a_OXA
    If i had to choose right now it would be a DL player like Wilkerson probably or tradeout alittle, get xtra pick and get Phil Taylor..

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Liuget is a very raw 3-tech and the 3-4 teams won't want him...
    Liuget is a great fit in the 3-4. He's one of the more versatile linemen in the draft not including top ten guys like Nick Fairley and Marcel Dareus.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Reed's game is all about the scrappiness...nobody is more gritty on the field, and he plays with such intelligence and intensity that he's capable of converting whole cultures away from their various religions and belief systems.

You have me confused with your reply. What are you trying to say?

You have me confused with your reply. What are you trying to say?
    Words like "scrappiness" always seemingly gets tied to white players....I then took it a little further.

All Pro
    Words like "scrappiness" always seemingly gets tied to white players....I then took it a little further.
    I never heard of being scrappy and white being related and that wasn't the point I was making.O.k I'll reword and say he plays with a lot of fight or an edge. Is that better??

I never heard of being scrappy and white being related and that wasn't the point I was making.O.k I'll reword and say he plays with a lot of fight or an edge. Is that better??
    Sure.

...people always say the same thing. They say: you don't have to do this.

Well, I'm going to.

To the OP: I hope to god you don't actually think Casey Matthews is worth a first round pick. That's just sad.

Agreed those are some fine players to add to the Jets D. Wilkerson is a talent that Rex would be able to fully focus and harness

Oh I forgot one...

This is Kiper's latest mock pick for the Jets, for whatever that is worth. He states that it is a deep draft for DE. so Jets may went until later to get one, and will take best S in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Like Matthews a lot, and he does have those great bloodlines.

But no way is he a first round pick.

With a great performance in workouts, maybe he climbs into the 3rd. But, right now, he's a 4th or 5th rounder IMHO.

Would love to get him there though - he will be a good NFL player for years.
    I agree, not a 1st rd pick but good value in the 4th or 5th round.

Sheard is someone I think can be a DE/OLB, but all of those guys in that second group will be guys who settle their situation at the combine.

Oh I forgot one...

F**k no!

Jets Insider VIP
    If Rahim Moore is there , he will be a Jet.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    If Rahim Moore is there , he will be a Jet.
    if he's where?? 2nd round??? 3rd round??? he sure as hell ain't going in the first round....

Quick! name me the scrappiest non white player in the league!

I know who comes to mind, but he doesn't count cause he's half Korean, try again...

White men can't jump but they sure can scrap