Thread: ****! You think the Danish Cartoons were bad...

Veteran

****! You think the Danish Cartoons were bad...

A cartoon was published this week in a political caricature weekly which, to put it mildly, has not gone down very well with the Muslim population.

[IMG]http://www.haberekspres.com.tr/images/upload/image/penguen(1).jpg[/IMG]

Notice the light bulbs looking like condoms but the real **** storm has been over the Arabic script with the two red arrows pointing to it. It reportedly says "There is no God! Religion is a lie!".

The offices of the weekly that published the caricature is not far from where I work so in case they strap on two c4's instead of one; it's been nice knowing you all. :(

Oh and in case anyone is wondering the caricature itself is not very funny or relevant. The guy in the back is calling God on his cell and asking if he can leave early.
    Last edited by The Turk; 02-15-2011 at 03:02 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    This was in a Turkish newspaper? Maybe they think they can get away with it...? :dunno:

[QUOTE=The Turk;3959416]
    [IMG]http://www.haberekspres.com.tr/images/upload/image/penguen(1).jpg[/IMG]
    [/QUOTE]

Are Turkish people known for their big noses? I though the Italians and Jews had that market cornered?

What is the second guy from the right holding? Do Muslim's have prayer beads?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;3961410]Are Turkish people known for their big noses? I though the Italians and Jews had that market cornered?

What is the second guy from the right holding? Do Muslim's have prayer beads?[/QUOTE]

The people from the black sea region are known for their huge noses.

Yes Muslims do have prayer beads, and in Turkey even a lot of non religious men (usually amongst the poor) carry and play with them them as accessory.