Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could Ryan Kerrigan make it to 30?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    who do you think has the better 3 cone drill. Kerrigan or Reed? who do you think runs a faster 40?
    haven't seen either run nor timed them....on film kerrigan is as effective in backside pursuit out of a three point stance compared to reed....if there's a difference it will be minimal and not enough to vault reed over kerrigan....

this is nothing more than a revisit of the "Brandon Graham may fall to the jets" from a year ago....

who do you think has the better 3 cone drill. Kerrigan or Reed? who do you think runs a faster 40?
    Gholston...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    Gholston...
    not really- only because both guys are much better developed, complete football players who play with great violence...kerrigan especially considering the sh!t state of the Purdue program recently- could've had senioritis but did not...i go back to brandon graham...

i agree that brandon graham didn't fall... but did any1 expect Kyle Wilson to be the pick that late in the round? someone will fall... it might not be Kerrigan. Maybe it's Heyward... but i think there's a chance some DL will fall.

i agree that brandon graham didn't fall... but did any1 expect Kyle Wilson to be the pick that late in the round? someone will fall... it might not be Kerrigan. Maybe it's Heyward... but i think there's a chance some DL will fall.

Right now It seems to me that there will be a lot of talent the Jets could use at our pick, and maybe it will allow us to trade down so that we can still get a good talent and recoup some picks

more from Wes bunting, who has Kerrigan cusp of top 100

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...urdues_ry.html

Defensive line may not be a priority for the Detroit Lions in the 2011 NFL draft, but some would argue that you can never have enough talent in the trenches.

One player they could consider in the third or fourth round is Purdue defensive end Ryan Kerrigan, says National Football Post writer Wes Bunting.

The 6-foot-4, 263-pounder registered 92 tackles and 25 sacks in his junior and senior seasons. Despite the strong stats, Bunting says Kerrigan is not well rounded enough to go high in April's draft.

"I think he's an overachiever, and that's not a bad thing," he tells WDFN-AM 1130 Detroit. "There's a lot of successful football players in the NFL that are overachievers. He's going to work hard. He's a motor pass rusher - more of a push-pull guy ... uses his hands pretty well, but he doesn't have a great first step off the edge. He's tight-hipped; he's not going to flatten out around the corner. He's limited in pursuit."

It's not all bad news for Kerrigan, though. It's simply a matter of value. Given some time, Bunting sees the defensive end potentially blossoming into a three-down contributor.

"(Kerrigan) can be a nickel rusher early and, as he develops physically and gets stronger, can become a solid three-down player for you," he says. "But the idea that this is some potential blue- or red-chip guy early in his NFL career that warrants a first-round pick, in my mind, just doesn't make too much sense."

more from Wes bunting, who has Kerrigan cusp of top 100

3rd or 4th round? And you agree with this guy Bit?