FS Eric Hagg/Eric Smith

SS Jim Leonhard

KR Joe McKnight
    PR Jerricho Cotchery

PK Shayne Graham

P Steve Weatherford

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very Realistic Mock untouchable ... I would go for a pass rusher in the 3rd round and hope hagg is there in the fourth... Sign me up for this .. I like kiwanuka too help pace rush the passer as your premium free agent acquistion.. I think Vlad will be the starter with this red shirt year and take a big leap forward like slauson did this season..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    your going to sign 40 mill worth of FA? and your cutting 10 mill of cap players/
    Where is the other 30 mill coming from? Or do you think the owners are not serious bout paring back the cap?

The mock looks solid, Friday may be gone before pick 130 though.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is Bart Scott still shown playing LB.....he needs to be replaced....he is terrible and couldn't stop a nosebleed ( using his words)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really like that game plan.

Gradkowski would be a great signing.

In your draft scenario UT, is Taylor still on the board when we take Wilkerson?

I have seen both these guys mocked to us on various sites.

Who do you prefer?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    Why is Bart Scott still shown playing LB.....he needs to be replaced....he is terrible and couldn't stop a nosebleed ( using his words)
    No he doesn't... he's the best LB we have. He doesn't have the "statzzz" to wow people but he is the reason our run D is good, with Harris getting the credit for it all.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    Because he's actually a good player and we have no depth at ILB after him and Harris who is tagged and not under contract.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I really like that game plan.

Gradkowski would be a great signing.

In your draft scenario UT, is Taylor still on the board when we take Wilkerson?

I have seen both these guys mocked to us on various sites.

Who do you prefer?
    I still don't really get the Taylor hype. At least not as a 1st round pick. I'm not even sold on him being the best NT in the draft. If Jerrell Powe wasn't as dumb as rocks I think he'd be considered the better prospect. I personally think he'll be the better pro player and could possibly be on the board in the 3rd/4th round.

I actually think Wilkerson will be better than his Temple alum Terrance Knighton who was an absolute beast for the Jags last year. Can anchor against the run and push the pocket. The only real knock on him is the competition he faced. The talent is there, the size is there, the production is certainly there.

After Jordan, Watt, and Heyward I would say it's a tossup between Ballard and Wilkerson.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    your going to sign 40 mill worth of FA? and your cutting 10 mill of cap players/
    Where is the other 30 mill coming from? Or do you think the owners are not serious bout paring back the cap?

The mock looks solid, Friday may be gone before pick 130 though.
    Huh?

None of the free agent signings I listed are going to get big money deals on the market. Kiwanuka isn't going to be paid like a star passrusher. He's going to end up signing an incentive laden deal with some team until he proves he can stay healthy and produce on a consistent basis.

Gradkowski isn't going to break the bank as a backup QB. McMichael is a backup TE and Shayne Graham could probably be had for the league minimum, or close to it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    Because he's actually a good player and we have no depth at ILB after him and Harris who is tagged and not under contract.
    Rex loves what Satele and Mauga bring to the position.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Huh?

None of the free agent signings I listed are going to get big money deals on the market. Kiwanuka isn't going to be paid like a star passrusher. He's going to end up signing an incentive laden deal with some team until he proves he can stay healthy and produce on a consistent basis.

Gradkowski isn't going to break the bank as a backup QB. McMichael is a backup TE and Shayne Graham could probably be had for the league minimum, or close to it.
    WR Santonio Holmes 7-8 mill
    WR Braylon Edwards 6-7 mil
    ILB David Harris (franchise tag) 10.5 mill
    OT Wayne Hunter 3.5 mill
    DE Shaun Ellis 3.5 mill
    FS Eric Smith 2.mill

OLB Mathias Kiwanuka 5 mill
    QB Bruce Gradkowski 1.5
    TE Randy McMichael 1
    PK Shayne Graham 1.

Then add 15 players at 350,000 nfl min to get up to 53 players and you got over 40mill.

Kiwi is not going to get too much of a SB due to his injury history but 5 mill is where he is going to be salary wise to make up for the fact that he wont be getting a large bonus I dont know what you mean by incentives unless it is playing time. What good is incentives to the team if the SB is already paid?
    Or do you see him coming in for a 1 year mulligan and then be a FA in 2012 after he proves himself healthy? KC, The jets, the pats, The falcons, seahawks, Ravens are all playoff teams looking for a 3/4-DE hybrid. he is not going to sign for 3mill.

I got Edwards and Holmes signing for 75% of the tag value.

Hunter figure about three years and ten mill for a starting RT

Ellis 3.5 or most likely he will walk as this is 1/2 of what he made this year.

Smith at about 2 mill or someone else will pay more.

Where am I wrong?
    Last edited by patman; 02-20-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    WR Santonio Holmes 7-8 mill
    WR Braylon Edwards 6-7 mil
    ILB David Harris (franchise tag) 10.5 mill
    OT Wayne Hunter 3.5 mill
    DE Shaun Ellis 3.5 mill
    FS Eric Smith 2.mill

OLB Mathias Kiwanuka 5 mill
    QB Bruce Gradkowski 1.5
    TE Randy McMichael 1
    PK Shayne Graham 1.

Then add 15 players at 350,000 nfl min to get up to 53 players and you got over 40mill.

Kiwi is not going to get too much of a SB due to his injury history but 5 mill is where he is going to be salary wise to make up for the fact that he wont be getting a large bonus I dont know what you mean by incentives unless it is playing time. What good is incentives to the team if the SB is already paid?
    Or do you see him coming in for a 1 year mulligan and then be a FA in 2012 after he proves himself healthy? KC, The jets, the pats, The falcons, seahawks, Ravens are all playoff teams looking for a 3/4-DE hybrid. he is not going to sign for 3mill.

I got Edwards and Holmes signing for 75% of the tag value.

Hunter figure about three years and ten mill for a starting RT

Ellis 3.5 or most likely he will walk as this is 1/2 of what he made this year.

Smith at about 2 mill or someone else will pay more.

Where am I wrong?
    Holmes, Edwards and Harris will have a combined cap hit of about $20 million in 2011. There is no way that Harris will end up playing for the Franchise Tag - they will extend him shortly after the CBA is established. I'm not certain of many things - that's one thing I am quite certain about. His cap hit will be about $6 million, not the $10 million for the Franchise Tag. I also think Ellis comes back for less than $3.5 mil, but not that much lower to make it material.

But, I agree, if we sign 3 of the 4 FAs, there is no room for a guy Kiwi. Unless something major and unexpected transpires.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Holmes, Edwards and Harris will have a combined cap hit of about $20 million in 2011. There is no way that Harris will end up playing for the Franchise Tag - they will extend him shortly after the CBA is established. I'm not certain of many things - that's one thing I am quite certain about. His cap hit will be about $6 million, not the $10 million for the Franchise Tag. I also think Ellis comes back for less than $3.5 mil, but not that much lower to make it material.

But, I agree, if we sign 3 of the 4 FAs, there is no room for a guy Kiwi. Unless something major and unexpected transpires.
    What makes you think he won't sign the tag? And obligate the jets to pay him the 10.5 the day the cba is signed? The jets are the ones who went out and signed Scott for 8 mill a year, you expect him to play for less than scott while he is the better player? he is your best LB.

But my premise is still the same, I estimated 45 mill total to round out the roster to 53 and sign those players. you want to quible and estimate 35 mill in a best case scenario fine. But jet fans should not bet on it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What makes you think he won't sign the tag? And obligate the jets to pay him the 10.5 the day the cba is signed? The jets are the ones who went out and signed Scott for 8 mill a year, you expect him to play for less than scott while he is the better player? he is your best LB.
    That his deal will average around 8M per doesn't mean that his cap number for 2011 will be 8M.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    That his deal will average around 8M per doesn't mean that his cap number for 2011 will be 8M.
    Exactly. I will be absolutely shocked if Harris ends up playing the full year under the tag. And that remains even if he signs the tag (I'm sure he will at some point).

The best move for the Jets is to have a low cap figure for 2011 with a guaranteed option bonus for 2012 which will essentially force them to deal with Bart Scott one way or another. So, Harris could have a cap # of $5 million or under for 2011.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the signings/releases and the mock. Nice job.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Exactly. I will be absolutely shocked if Harris ends up playing the full year under the tag. And that remains even if he signs the tag (I'm sure he will at some point).

The best move for the Jets is to have a low cap figure for 2011 with a guaranteed option bonus for 2012 which will essentially force them to deal with Bart Scott one way or another. So, Harris could have a cap # of $5 million or under for 2011.
    Well the offer the jets make has to be pretty sweet because he has ten mill in his pocket. You have to look at it from harris side also. How could a contract be structured that will have a cap hit 50% of what his has in his pockett going to benefit him? The signing bonus will need to be at least 2.5x what the tag is or he will just play this year out and be a 28YO FA next year. With the same value that he has now

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Rex loves what Satele and Mauga bring to the position.
    Rex loves everybody. I want them to look into Gooden, a former Miami freak LB turned NFL nobody so far...then again he played for some poor Miami teams but the upside is there to at least be a backup...I think they had drafted him with the intention of being the next guy next to Lewis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    FA Re-Signings

WR Santonio Holmes
    WR Braylon Edwards
    ILB David Harris (franchise tag)
    OT Wayne Hunter
    DE Shaun Ellis
    FS Eric Smith

FA Signings

OLB Mathias Kiwanuka
    QB Bruce Gradkowski
    TE Randy McMichael
    PK Shayne Graham

Cuts

OT Damien Woody
    NT Kris Jenkins
    OLB Bryan Thomas
    OLB Jason Taylor
    TE Ben Hartsock

Mock Draft

1st round: DE Muhammad Wilkerson - Temple

3rd round: FS Eric Hagg - Nebraska

4th round: OLB Steven Friday - Virginia Tech

5th round: WR Denarious Moore - Tennessee

6th round: NT Dexter Larimore - Ohio State

7th round: RB Johnny White - North Carolina

2011 Starting Lineup

QB Mark Sanchez

RB Shonn Greene

FB John Connor

WR Santonio Holmes
    WR Braylon Edwards

TE Dustin Keller

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG Matt Slauson
    C Nick Mangold
    RG Brandon Moore
    RT Wayne Hunter

DE Muhammad Wilkerson
    NT Sione Pouha
    DE Shaun Ellis

OLB Mathis Kiwanuka
    ILB David Harris
    ILB Bart Scott
    OLB Calvin Pace

CB Darrelle Revis
    CB Kyle Wilson

FS Eric Hagg/Eric Smith

SS Jim Leonhard

KR Joe McKnight
    PR Jerricho Cotchery

PK Shayne Graham

P Steve Weatherford

GM Jerry Reese says "its a possibility" DE Mathias Kiwanuka won't play again. He's still seeing doctors, gathering info.

http://twitter.com/#!/TheBlueScreen

Caught this and remembered he was mentioned as a possible FA signing