Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: NFL combine forecasts

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

NFL combine forecasts

With the combine set to start this week (I believe), who do you expect to blow it up? Who do you expect to disappoint?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to keep my list to guys that may fit the Jets and have a chance to be there with their 1st round pick. Anyone I project as top 15-20 guys are left off. Here goes it:

THE GOOD
    Ryan Kerrigan
    Allen Bailey
    Muhammad Wilkerson
    Brooks Reed
    Rahim Moore

THE BAD
    Christian Ballard
    Phil Taylor
    Justin Houston
    Jabaal Sheard
    Quinton Carter

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i expect rashad roc carmichael to challenge for fastest 40 at the combine

if there is a rex ryan cornerback in this group, it's carmichael

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Patrick Peterson challenges Chris Johnson as one of the fastest combine 40's of all time....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I expect Torrey Smith to have one of the fastest times at the Combine.

Smith is ultra fast and a much more polished receiver than that other piece of crap receiver out of Maryland than Al Davis had to reach for.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    Patrick Peterson challenges Chris Johnson as one of the fastest combine 40's of all time....
    ...not going to happen.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    TE Virgil Green is supposedly going to have a Vernon Davis type performance

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    I don't think he'll run as fast as Davis did, but he's definitely the best athlete at the position in this year's class.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WW85 View Post
    I expect Torrey Smith to have one of the fastest times at the Combine.

Smith is ultra fast and a much more polished receiver than that other piece of crap receiver out of Maryland than Al Davis had to reach for.
    Smith is going to be the 3rd WR drafted, and combine should cement that.

Ben Ijalana from Villanova should be a name we hear alot. I still like Castonzo the most of the OTs, but Tyron Smith should put up better workout numbers and is a decent talent himself.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

more predictions

portland state te julius thomas will work out like a beast (but doesn't have the film to get into 1st 2 rounds)

oregon st dt stephen paea will challenge for the bench press record ... and get it

julio jones will prove to be a better athlete than aj green.

small schoolers like ricardo lockette and buster skrine could fly

prince amukamara will be faster than people give him credit for (4.4 easy)

great DE crop, Robert Quinn is made for the combine and could run 4.5 ish but teams will drop him due to brain injury. Aldon Smith legitimately could work himself into top 10/15 area. Sheard could be a beast. Houston has alot of money to make or lose this week (he's the oLB version of Torrey Smith). brooks reed will tear it up... as will miami allen bailey and vtech steven friday.

Martez Wilson will probably have a great week on the turf.

Jake Locker and Mallett throwing would be very good decisions. Interesting to see what Newton and Gabbert choose to do... probably just 40's.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    portland state te julius thomas will work out like a beast (but doesn't have the film to get into 1st 2 rounds)
    Jimmy Graham's success will really help his draft stock.

USC's Jordan Cameron is another ex-basketball player that's intriguing.

oregon st dt stephen paea will challenge for the bench press record ... and get it
    I completely agree.

Sheard could be a beast. Houston has alot of money to make or lose this week (he's the oLB version of Torrey Smith). brooks reed will tear it up... as will vtech steven friday.
    I think Sheard's 40 time will disappoint a lot of people, but I'm not concerned with his timed speed. He's a hell of a pass rusher that should crush the bench and some other drills. I want to see him and Friday in coverage drills.

Justin Houston had a lot of success in the best conference in college football. The only thing that could hurt him is a poor 40 - he won't run fast, but he's capable of running a solid time. The OLB version of Torrey Smith is Nevada's Dontay Moch - they'll both run ridiculous 40 times.

Jake Locker and Mallett throwing would be very good decisions. Interesting to see what Newton and Gabbert choose to do... probably just 40's.
    A lot of people seem to be forgetting about Colin Kaepernick. He has a chance to really improve his draft stock and jump guys like Mallett and Locker.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joshua Thomas lights it up!

...being optimistic...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Be very very quiet about Green...while there's a couple mid-late round TEs I like he's my favorite.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really curious to see how fast of a time that Locke RB, Kentucky runs. Amazingly fast playing speed. Wonder how it translates to the carpet.

And I believe Gatlin's cousin probably won't be at the combine but should run a hell of a 40 at whatever pro day he makes it to. Played pretty well in the Texas vs the Nation game.

Bailey will definitely put up good numbers although the guy is just not a good player...

Wilkerson will show very good mobility. Maybe a 4.8. Same with Reed and he'll be around 4.7 high 4.6.

Paea won't bench that much imo...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reed will bench 30+