Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 94 of 94

Thread: Mello is a Knick!

  1. #81
    great trade for the Knicks.

    Still probably 1st round and out this year,but this is for the future.If they can land Paul or Williams in 2012 they will be up there with the Heat and Bulls.Celtics probably too old by then

    The NBA should seriously contract to about 20 teams.There are teams who will never compete due to no superstar wanting to play in a small market

    You can kill Memphis,Charlotte,Toronto,New Orleans,Sacramento,Indiana,Cleveland,Utah.Milwauke e,and Minnesota

    I think a 20 team league with every team having a few superstars would be great!

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    great trade for the Knicks.

    Still probably 1st round and out this year,but this is for the future.If they can land Paul or Williams in 2012 they will be up there with the Heat and Bulls.Celtics probably too old by then

    The NBA should seriously contract to about 20 teams.There are teams who will never compete due to no superstar wanting to play in a small market

    You can kill Memphis,Charlotte,Toronto,New Orleans,Sacramento,Indiana,Cleveland,Utah.Milwauke e,and Minnesota

    I think a 20 team league with every team having a few superstars would be great!
    We'll see about this year. There's a good chance they could play the Bulls in the first round of the playoffs. They are already 2-0 against the Bulls pre-Melo. I would say they have a real good shot to bounce them in the first round. That being said, I'm not at all saying they are a title contender as currently constructed.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 02-22-2011 at 06:29 PM.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Gallo - Turning into a nice player and has improved his game. Sucks to lose him.
    Chandler - Was going to be gone after this season anyway.
    Felton - Cancels out with acquisition of Billups. He'll do just fine for us this year and next.
    Mozgov - May have some potential, but let's be realistic, the guy is averaging 4 points and 3 boards per game. Can't get worked up about that.
    Randolph - Hasn't shown a damn thing.
    Curry - Lol.

    Giving all that up, we now have 2 superstars to continue building the team around. Really don't understand how this isn't a good thing for the future of this team.
    Sounds like the Sanchez deal.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Heynowguy View Post
    Sounds like the Sanchez deal.
    Yep, a bunch of "Mangini" guys.

  5. #85
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Groton
    Posts
    2,846
    First off, the three players they traded away are getting star-status written all over them. But, as Chris Broussard reminds us, this was a 28-26 Knicks team. They were barely (debatable) the 15th best team in the league. If these players that the Knicks have were as good as some people make them out to be, then why were the Knicks hovering around .500? The answer is simple: These players aren't that great. They are benefiting from a ridiculous offensive scheme that is giving them more points, assists and rebounds then they would anywhere else in the league.

    Secondly, would the Knicks have signed Carmelo in the offseason? If this were 2010, then the answer would easily have been 100% yes. But this isn't 2010. This is 2011, where the 2011-2012 season is very much up in the air, and if it does happen, who knows what the CBA will allow. Carmelo knows this. Would he still have refused to sign an extension with New Jersey even if the Knicks said we'll wait for the summer? Maybe, but it wasn't a slam dunk. It would have been a gamble. What if he had signed an extension with New Jersey? Then what? Do you fumble through the 2011-2012 season (if it happens) just like you have been? The great players like Dwight, Williams, and Paul aren't free agents this summer.

  6. #86
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bailey, CO
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Anybody see Billups play this year? It's been a while for me. A quick check shows he's about at his career mark for scoring and assists this year. I always liked the guy.
    Billups is still a quality player...Nuggets fans are more sad to see their hometown boy go than Melo. The Nuggets would have probably bought out his contract at the end of the year anyway. Chauncie is a class act and will probably be happy to shut up, do a good job while taking the 14 million for next year and accomplish his goal of ending up in the Nuggets front office after he finishes his career.

  7. #87
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by chrebetCT1192 View Post
    best thing about this trade is the weight coming off amare's knees
    not to mention getting rid of eddie (no-show) curry.

  8. #88
    looks like melo is gonna rock #7

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    If ya ain't got the bling, it don't mean a thing.....
    If that's the case then Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Deron Williams, Lebron James, Dirk Nowitzki, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Chris Bosh, Karl Malone and Jason Kidd all suck and are losers.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by paule View Post
    Billups is still a quality player...Nuggets fans are more sad to see their hometown boy go than Melo. The Nuggets would have probably bought out his contract at the end of the year anyway. Chauncie is a class act and will probably be happy to shut up, do a good job while taking the 14 million for next year and accomplish his goal of ending up in the Nuggets front office after he finishes his career.
    I'm psyched about getting Billups. The guy is a winner and his contract expires just in time for us to get another superstar. Only thing is D'Antoni is going to have to adjust his system to fit him because Billups is more of a half-court pg than Felton.

  11. #91
    Heads up, Melo press conference coming at 5 pm on MSG.

  12. #92
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,165
    Anyone hear if Melo is keeping #7, or is he changing it to #15 (with Earl Monroe's blessing)???

    my son wants to get his jersey, but I told him to hold off.

  13. #93
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fairfield County, CT
    Posts
    6,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Anyone hear if Melo is keeping #7, or is he changing it to #15 (with Earl Monroe's blessing)???
    I hadn't heard that was under consideration...

    But if it is, they will also require the "permission" of Dick McGuire.

  14. #94
    Will see him live on March 10th

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us