Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Christie/Cory Booker alliance

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris Christie/Cory Booker alliance

[url]http://www.politickernj.com/45087/christie-booker-adubato-alliance-full-display-budget-talk[/url]

I find this intersting, since most Democrats feel Booker is one of the few Democrats in the state that could beat Christie in 2013.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 02-23-2011 at 04:57 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3965382][url]http://www.politickernj.com/45087/christie-booker-adubato-alliance-full-display-budget-talk[/url]

I find this intersting, since most Democrats feel Booker is one of the few Democrats in the state that could beat Christie in 2013.[/QUOTE]

Maybe its 2 politicians that see a problem, know they have to tackle it, don't run away from it, and try to cooperate (yes, I'm looking at you, Wisconsin and Ohio state Democratic legislators)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two elected officials actually doing their jobs? :eek:

I understand everything seems like it has to be politically motivated these days, but the fact that these two are putting that bullsh!t aside, and just doing what needs to be done for the good of their constituents makes me respect them both.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3965382][url]http://www.politickernj.com/45087/christie-booker-adubato-alliance-full-display-budget-talk[/url]

I find this intersting, since most Democrats feel Booker is one of the few Democrats in the state that could beat Christie in 2013.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you of ONE demographic that will vote for Booker without looking at ANY issues....:rolleyes:

BTW....heard him on a talk show. Seems extremely bright.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Christie was very smart to get involved with the Newark school funding with Zuckerberg and Booker. He basically neutralized Booker as an opponent.

I really don't think Booker would be able to garner enough support to run for governor anyway. He's a smart guy, but to be honest, isn't really doing **** in Newark. The city is still a disaster and it's getting worse.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zuckerberg gave Newark $100 million on condition the Booker was in charge of it.

That might have something to do with this, too

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3965524]Christie was very smart to get involved with the Newark school funding with Zuckerberg and Booker. He basically neutralized Booker as an opponent.

I really don't think Booker would be able to garner enough support to run for governor anyway. He's a smart guy, but to be honest, isn't really doing **** in Newark. The city is still a disaster and it's getting worse.[/QUOTE]

My property taxes and state income taxes haven't gone down and I keep waiting for this wonderful Governor to do something besides talk sh!t.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;3965577]My property taxes and state income taxes haven't gone down and I keep waiting for this wonderful Governor to do something besides talk sh!t.[/QUOTE]

Ok, great.... what does that have to do with Booker and Newark?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3965590]Ok, great.... what does that have to do with Booker and Newark?[/QUOTE]

Christie is a self-promoting whore, he rips anyone who disagrees with him and hasn't done much since he has entered the Governor's office.

He has done everything for business and zero for the citizens.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;3965577]My property taxes and state income taxes haven't gone down and I keep waiting for this wonderful Governor to do something besides talk sh!t.[/QUOTE]

THAT may be the most hypocitical post EVER on JI...EVER!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3965690]THAT may be the most hypocitical post EVER on JI...EVER![/QUOTE]

My Governor is all over the radio and on t.v. telling everyone how great he is and how he is "stuck" with this and he is making it work. Well? His first year, I paid more to NJ and nothing is changing anytime soon. I thought he was GOD coming down from the heavens and saving NJ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;3965707]My Governor is all over the radio and on t.v. telling everyone how great he is and how he is "stuck" with this and he is making it work. Well? His first year, I paid more to NJ and nothing is changing anytime soon. I thought he was GOD coming down from the heavens and saving NJ?[/QUOTE]

Look at your property tax bill...it is 75 percent UNION cops and UNION teachers.. the remainder is union town and county employees.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3965718]Look at your property tax bill...it is 75 percent UNION cops and UNION teachers.. the remainder is union town and county employees.[/QUOTE]

My school district is very good and that is why I moved into this town. What about the other 25%?

How about my state income tax? That went up since he took office.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;3965788]My school district is very good and that is why I moved into this town. What about the other 25%?

How about my state income tax? That went up since he took office.[/QUOTE]

EVERY person I met says their school system is above average.... seriously, google the percentage of kids who go on to college. I'd be curious.

I lived in West Islip, NY where they actlike the school is THE BEST. Yet, only 60 percent go on to college.

State Income Tax??? Blame Government largess, unions and bloated bureacracy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3965790]I lived in West Islip, NY where they actlike the school is THE BEST. Yet, only 60 percent go on to college....[/QUOTE]

Interesting point.

The country has gone downhill since "degrees" have become the defacto paperwork for obtaining a job. 1/2 the people who go to college shouldn't have bothered. 1/2 the jobs out there that say they require a degree probably shouldn't.

Nothing is better for an economy than having 60% of it's workforce starting their adult lives in debt :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3965790]EVERY person I met says their school system is above average.... seriously, google the percentage of kids who go on to college. I'd be curious.

I lived in West Islip, NY where they actlike the school is THE BEST. Yet, only 60 percent go on to college.

State Income Tax??? Blame Government largess, unions and bloated bureacracy.[/QUOTE]

What does that tell you boy genius? Every child is not meant to go to college. If we keep attacking unions ie the middle class and keep outsourcing what are the kids who just aren't smart enough to go to college going to do?

I am blaming my governor who is on t.v. everyday telling the country he is making NJ a better place. He hasn't done anything except attack the middle class and unions. He's been great for Fox News and the GOP and average for the state he governs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;3965707]My Governor is all over the radio and on t.v. telling everyone how great he is and how he is "stuck" with this and he is making it work. Well? His first year, I paid more to NJ and nothing is changing anytime soon. I thought he was GOD coming down from the heavens and saving NJ?[/QUOTE]

That was Obama coming down and screwing America.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3965481]I can tell you of ONE demographic that will vote for Booker without looking at ANY issues....:rolleyes:

BTW....heard him on a talk show. Seems extremely bright.[/QUOTE]
    booker seems to me to be a really good guy with his constituents' interests at the forefront, as opposed to political bs. i hope he and christie can get a lot of good things done. that's two politicians i like a lot.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    No matter what Booker does in Newark it's still going to be Newark. I give him credit for the Prudential Center which has helped downtown, murder rate and crime rate has also consistently went down, it's no longer the Murder Capital of the World, and the fact he's not corrupt is a huge plus, but Newark is never going to look good, but he's doing as well as you can expect.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 02-23-2011 at 04:25 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3965908]No matter what Booker does in Newark it's still going to be Newark. I give him credit for the Prudential Center which has helped downtown, murder rate has also consistently went down, it's no longer the Murder Capital of the World, and the fact he's not corrupt is a huge plus, but Newark is never going to look good, but he's doing as well as you can expect. The man is a Rhodes Scholar, you aren't going to find too many people as bright as he.[/QUOTE]
    true, but any improvement in newark is better than no improvement.