Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Christie/Cory Booker alliance

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;3965658]Christie is a self-promoting whore, he rips anyone who disagrees with him and hasn't done much since he has entered the Governor's office.

He has done everything for business and zero for the citizens.[/QUOTE]

Ok great... but what does this have to do with Booker and Newark?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3965908]No matter what Booker does in Newark it's still going to be Newark. I give him credit for the Prudential Center which has helped downtown, murder rate and crime rate has also consistently went down, it's no longer the Murder Capital of the World, and the fact he's not corrupt is a huge plus, but Newark is never going to look good, but he's doing as well as you can expect.[/QUOTE]

Has the murder rate gone down? I haven't looked at any numbers but it doesn't seem like it is.

And his inability to broker a deal with the police union led to the layoff of a bunch of cops. That can't be good for crime.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;3965805]What does that tell you boy genius? [B] Every child is not meant to go to college. [/B] If we keep attacking unions ie the middle class and keep outsourcing what are the kids who just aren't smart enough to go to college going to do?

I am blaming my governor who is on t.v. everyday telling the country he is making NJ a better place. He hasn't done anything except attack the middle class and unions. He's been great for Fox News and the GOP and average for the state he governs.[/QUOTE]

It tells me that there will NOT be enough jobs for all these kids who go to "Good Schools" with overpaid teachers exhausting down the benefits from the towns taxpayers. Outsourcing...I am TIRED of explaining economics to you. Outsourcing is happening and it has NOTHING to do with local politics. We live in a global economy (except civil service of course).

The thing driving out the middle class is HIGH TAXES that are driving the jobs away.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 02-23-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3965968]It tells me that there will NOT be enough jobs for all these kids who go to "Good Schools" with overpaid teachers exhausting down the benefits from the towns taxpayers. Outsourcing...I am TIRED of explaining economics to you. Outsourcing is happening and it has NOTHING to do with local politics. We live in a global economy (except civil service of course).

The thing driving out the middle class is HIGH TAXES that are driving the jobs away.[/QUOTE]

Yup all kids are very smart and MUST attend college and outsourcing has zero impact on the middle class. If the manufacturing jobs all leave this country what type of jobs should the non-educated do?

We live in a global economy, no sh*t.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to see something funny, check out Corey Booker's tweets during the post-Christmas blizzard. Abosolutely hysterical.

He was basically going around Newark, or sending crews, digging out people.

People would tweet something like "We are snowed in on Liberty Street!" and Booker would reply "OK! I'm sending a crew over right now!" or something like "Just dug a family of four out of their house on Prince Street!"

The old adage is true - all politics is local.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;3965979]Yup all kids are very smart and MUST attend college and outsourcing has zero impact on the middle class. If the manufacturing jobs all leave this country what type of jobs should the non-educated do?

We live in a global economy, no sh*t.[/QUOTE]:huh:

Knucklehead.... stay on topic. You are blaming outsourcing for the squeeze on middle calss. AGREED. Outsourcing will NOT stop unless labor costs come down.

Public employee unions gouging their neighbors are also draining the middle class.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3965985]:huh:

Knucklehead.... stay on topic. You are blaming outsourcing for the squeeze on middle calss. AGREED. Outsourcing will NOT stop unless labor costs come down.

Public employee unions gouging their neighbors are also draining the middle class.[/QUOTE]

There is enough blame to go around when it comes to money in this country.

[url]http://www.businessinsider.com/companies-pay-lowest-tax-loopholes-2011-2?op=1[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;3965995]There is enough blame to go around when it comes to money in this country.

[url]http://www.businessinsider.com/companies-pay-lowest-tax-loopholes-2011-2?op=1[/url][/QUOTE]

Again...complaining that they do NOT pay. They paid MILLIONS. Read the article. In fact, their "effective tax rate" is higher than 70 percent of Americans.

Not to mention ALL the 6 figure jobs they create that YOU would drive out if you raised their taxes even more. YES..they would leave.

The average american family with earnings of 100K pays less than 5K in fed taxes. BUT..they pay property taxes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3965981]If you want to see something funny, check out Corey Booker's tweets during the post-Christmas blizzard. Abosolutely hysterical.

He was basically going around Newark, or sending crews, digging out people.

People would tweet something like "We are snowed in on Liberty Street!" and Booker would reply "OK! I'm sending a crew over right now!" or something like "Just dug a family of four out of their house on Prince Street!"

The old adage is true - all politics is local.[/QUOTE]

Could you imagine Btoomberg doing that?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3966068]Could you imagine Btoomberg doing that?[/QUOTE]

No, that's because he knows what it takes to run a big, complicated city with more issues than just snow removal.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3966102]No, that's because he knows what it takes to run a big, complicated city with more issues than just snow removal.[/QUOTE]

How is that any different than Newark? Obviously NYC is much bigger, but he's not the Mayor of Wasilla. With that said, snow removal is part of a mayors job, so is picking up the garbage. Bloomberg messed up. As did Mayor Lindsay before him. If they can't do something as basic as snow removal, one wonders how they do the hard stuff.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 02-23-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3966114]How is that any different than Newark?[/QUOTE]

It's not, that was my point.

[QUOTE]Obviously NYC is much bigger, but he's not the Mayor of Wasilla. With that said, snow removal is part of a mayors job, so is picking up the garbage. Bloomberg messed up. As did Mayor Lindsay before him. [B]If they can't do something as basic as snow removal, one wonders how they do the hard stuff.[/B][/QUOTE]

lol... are you serious? That's a ridiculous argument.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3966124]It's not, that was my point.

lol... are you serious? That's a ridiculous argument.[/QUOTE]

Mayor's don't care about city services for their citizens?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;3966129]Mayor's don't care about city services for their citizens?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because [B]that's[/B] what I said. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good read.

[url]http://www.newsweek.com/2011/03/06/best-frenemies.html[/url]

A side note, Booker was on Boomer and Carton last week and Carton was ragging on Newark, Christie phoned in to defend Newark and Booker.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3989099]Good read.

[url]http://www.newsweek.com/2011/03/06/best-frenemies.html[/url]

A side note, Booker was on Boomer and Carton last week and Carton was ragging on Newark, Christie phoned in to defend Newark and Booker.[/QUOTE]

If he had played his cards right, he could very well have been a formidable opponent to Christie in 2013. I don't know what his political aspirations are, but I don't see him ever being more than Newark mayor.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3989167]If he had played his cards right, he could very well have been a formidable opponent to Christie in 2013. I don't know what his political aspirations are, but I don't see him ever being more than Newark mayor.[/QUOTE]

I really don't see that happening, he's too close with Christie. Why would he want to be a Senator, anyway? He's a boot on the ground type of guy.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 03-28-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3989099]A side note, Booker was on Boomer and Carton last week [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=pauliec;3989167]If he had played his cards right, he could very well have been a formidable opponent to Christie in 2013.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying appearing on B&C was a career killer ? :eek:

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3989180]If he was the Democratic candidate to replace Laughtenberg whenever that dinosaur retires.. he'll win easily[/QUOTE]

I really don't see that happening, he's too close with Christie. Why would he want to be a Senator, anyway? He's a boot on the ground type of guy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3989185]I really don't see that happening, he's too close with Christie. Why would he want to be a Senator, anyway? He's a boot on the ground type of guy.[/QUOTE]

You don't see it happening because he couldn't win or wouldn't run? He's really popular with Democrats. It doesn't surprise Democrats he's buddy buddy with Christie, Booker isn't the combative type. Christie is really popular right now, but other than maybe beating him in 2013, it's hard to imagine Booker losing any state wide race in NJ. It's a blue state. Formidable Democrats will win the race 9 out 10 times.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 03-28-2011 at 06:45 PM.